PDA

View Full Version : I called Aimee's Mom.....

Aspen and Misty
04-25-2004, 11:34 AM
And all I can say is.....I was shocked!!!!!!!

I called and I was like Hi, and she said Hi. And then she said I have some questions for you and I said Ok. She said that she didn't know what kind of litter box to get him, a small square one or a long rectangular one, so she got him both, which one would he like more? So I said that he comes with a litter box, but when he gets older he will most likly use the one you put out. She said ok. Then I said, Aimee hasn't seen you in awile, he is shy and un-confident. I'm worried about how he will be with your kids. She said, I also wanted to talk to you about something that might help him, My firend said that she got a VERY shy, un-predictavle kitten, when she brought him home he destroyed everything! So my friend asked the SPCA what to do and they said to get his sister. So they did and ever since then he had been fine. I said that 2 of his brothers are open, would she like ot come pick one out? And she said NO! I was like :confused: Why not? and she said because she wanted Aimee to pick out who came with him!! :eek: She said whoever he played with, was fine with her. And she said she would want to come meet him before she adopted him to make sure he would be ok, but she said that they probly were all great. And I said yes, they are all cuddly, sweet and active. They love to play, get along and sleep together. So she said, do you mind if I take another, and I said No. Then she asked me who he played with the most and I said Christian, and she said, well, Ok, so I guess they are mine now. And I said, First, I want you tow visit them at least 3 times and she said, Ok. Can I come next Thursday? And I said Yes, that would be fine, and she said ok!

So, I think that went really well. She really changed my mind! If anyone rembers I had a few problems with her, like she wouldn't come see her kittens, etc. But, she sounds like she sencerly wants the kitten and to do the best for him. Hee hee, I also explaine to all my new homes about De-clawing, and so now she isn't going to declaw. She told me she had bought some Soft Claws and can't wait to try them out when he gets older! O, and the reason she didn't come the weekend before was because her mom fell and she needed to go check on her. (don't know about the other weekends though)

Ash

PS: PIF - Isn't it weird that we were going to try to get Aiko's mom to take 2 and now she is??? Also, I really think certain things just came up (Like her mom falling) I asked her how much time she was home and she said the kids are home after School every day (with baby sitter) for most of the night and then on the weekends they try to stay home (new baby in the house) and enjoy there time together. She and her husband also come home in the evenings but have varied schedules but no later then 7.

jazzcat
04-25-2004, 11:43 AM
That would be great if she takes two. I think they will all be happier. I'll say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for those adorable kittens!

So you still have one that needs a home?

PayItForward
04-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

PS: PIF - Isn't it weird that we were going to try to get Aiko's mom to take 2 and now she is??? Also, I really think certain things just came up (Like her mom falling) I asked her how much time she was home and she said the kids are home after School every day (with baby sitter) for most of the night and then on the weekends they try to stay home (new baby in the house) and enjoy there time together. She and her husband also come home in the evenings but have varied schedules but no later then 7.

Sounds like a great home for your two kittens...great news. :D

----------------------------------
Just a word of caution, I would keep in touch with her and make sure the soft paws are working for her. If she considered declawing at the start, she might consider it in the future if things got difficult.

Please let her know that kittens can be nawtee but if she makes time to train them they can be taught to scratch appropriate things.

I would suggest she buys a scratching post anyway, or a cat trees would be even better. Train the kittens to use those as well as fitting the soft paws.

Also there are some good (and true) horror stories on the problems of declawing on the bottom of my declawing article.
http://www.piftails.com/main/articles/health/declaw.html

Better dealing with scratching kitties, than dealing with a biter or wee everywhere after a declawing operation !!!!

I am sure I am worrying un-necessarily but rather be safe than sorry. :D

Aspen and Misty
04-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Jazz- Yes, one more home to go! And there are 2 potential homes that might want him! My friend Barb, who really wants him but is un-sure and MY FAMILY, we all love him and Sada so much! We want to keep the two of them badly, even my dad! But we are still un-sure and right now I'm working on getting Sada to stay with me, I love her ot much to loss her!

PIF- I asked her if she was going to get them declawed and she said Yes, then I said well, maybe you should read this information and she said, Ok and began to read it. By half way down she said, I'm not doing this!!!!!!! Her daughter (who was also reading) also really pushed NOT to do it! So, I have a feeling that they won't.

O BTW - To make sure they spay and nueter etc. , I'm going to have a one year old party for the kittens, to make sure everything is going good.

I'm so happy this all worked out!
Ash

jazzcat
04-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Wow Ash, you are doing a great job with these kittens!:)

I wished everyone was so responsible.

PayItForward
04-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Wow Ash, you are doing a great job with these kittens!:)

I wished everyone was so responsible.

Ditto, you are a great example of a responsible pet owner (and shelter manager too) :D

I am very impressed with the way you handled Aimee Mom declawing attitude.

And I love the idea of a year get together party.... Oh you better post photos. :D

catnapper
04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Way to go! Only one left unadopted, right? Thats s wonderful that the two get to live together forever!

Aspen and Misty
04-25-2004, 12:52 PM
PIF- Of course there will be pictures!! What kind of person do you think I am!

Jazz- Thanx, I just hope I can call myself Sada's owner soon. I love her so much. (MY dad is sound alseep on the couch with sada, it's soooo cute! Hee hee)

Catnapper- Just one and that Wyatt.

Ash

catmandu
04-25-2004, 01:07 PM
A lot of people would just dump the Kittens , but you get Top Marks rom The Found Cats , as you follow up , on the Kittens and get a Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW For your being a responsible Purrent!

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2004, 11:28 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm so glad that 2 of the kittens will be able to stay together.

You're also doing a great job in educating the adoptees and being sure that the kittens are going to loving homes. Keep up the great work and I hope that Wyatt will find a loving home too.:)

sirrahbed
04-26-2004, 11:58 AM
This is great news! I am so happy you made that phone call!!:D And, you are doing a terrific job of educating people as you go along....a little at a time. hmmmm. I wonder who she will end up taking home???