PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled Cat Syndrome

dayzeez
08-27-2001, 06:37 PM
Hi All,
I am for sure I have spoiled my cat too much! This weekend I took in two kittens that were abandoned(sp) :( They are so tiny and need alot of love right now. However my burmeise is not at all pleased with the fact that I am giving them any attention at all. As soon as I see him I pick him up and give him as much loving as possible. But this does not seen to be enough. :rolleyes: Last night I was playing with the babies and he was sitting outside the screen door undetected watching me. He cought my eye and I IMEDEATELY let him in. Maybe this is my problem. I cater to him :D Any sugestions on what else I might try????? Please help!
Dayzeeznull

catwoman
08-28-2001, 12:45 PM
Does he show any interest in playing with the kittens himself? If you can encourage that, it would benefit all three. Try to lure him over to them and get him engaged by using some toys. (But not his very favorite toy, in case this tactic backfires and he starts avoiding the toy!)

Good luck!

dayzeez
08-28-2001, 10:55 PM
Well, today he seemed interested in playing with the littel boy but the dar thing hissed at him and of corse he hissed back. My neighbor said he only does that when I am around. He has been doing it with the neighbor's cat too. He seems to not want to share me with anybody.

yorkster
09-06-2001, 03:46 AM
The only thing I know is to pay ALOT of attention to your cat. I have a 7 year old cat at home and got a kitten in April. I read to pay more attention to the existing cat than the kitten (which was hard), and it seemed to help. It sounds like you are already doing that though. All I know is that both my cats still get jealous of each other, and probably always will.

TheAntiPam
09-06-2001, 05:04 PM
Time will balance things out for your cats. It might take several weeks. When I got a new kitten, my adult female cat by choice stayed in the other room away from the kitten. She never did like that kitten, but eventually would be in the same room. If he got close, she'd hiss at him no matter what. Not friends, but at least tolerant.

Just watch for dangerous encounters, but remember a few swats won't hurt. :)