PDA

View Full Version : New rabbit, Jack

manda_moo87
04-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi Everyone :)

Back in February we recieved a vistor at our house. A big, stray bunny (whom we named Jack) who came once and a while to visit my rabbits. He'd sit infront of their cages for the longest time and seemed to greatly enjoy himself. I thought nothing of it and rather enjoyed seeing him. Then for about a month we didn't see him and I was kind of worried about him but then in April he started coming again more frequently...but he was starting to dig holes in the yard, eat my Mom's plants, and both my rabbit. So my Mom made me chase him away whenever he came into the yard.

I would sit outside and wait for him to come then chase him away, but he would still come back! He never was away for more than 10 minutes! He just loved to be in our yard. So I gave up...

Then one day (April 7th I believe) I thought I would sit outside and take some pictures of Jack. To my amazment I sat right infront of my rabbits hutches and Jack came VERY close to me and didn't seem afriad at all. I was shocked at how tame he wasa. I continued to do this the next few days.

On April 12th, we had a great loss (Posted on Pet Memorial) my favorite doe Sadie passed away while giving birth to her litter. While I was outside mourning Jack was there...I was so angry and upset I tried to chase him away but he wouldn't leave...I thought maybe he wanted to live with us...? So I set a trap and I'd caught him within seconds.

Over the next days I began to bond with him. He was SO friendly and loved to be cuddled. I'm assuming he once belonged to someone since he's so tame and used to people.

Jack has settled in VERY well and is by far the most affectionate rabbit I've ever had. He gives SO many kisses! He's also really helped me to get through my loss of losing Sadie as well. I believe that God sent me my little Angel Jack when I lost Sadie. He is just the sweetest boy and I love him to pieces!!! :D:D:D

-Amanda

Here's a photo of him. Isn't he CUTE?! :)
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/manda_moo87/IM001430.jpg

Heather Wallace
04-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Jack is the most beautiful bunny, well done for taking him in.

manda_moo87
04-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Thank you :) and I definatley agree with you he is very beautiful...

Cookiebaker
04-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Jack is the CUTEST!! What an adorable bunny! And he has a great home, now, too! :D

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 10:36 PM
What a gorgeous rabbit! I love the colors!

luckies4me
04-25-2004, 11:15 PM
He is beautiful! :D Good luck with him and thanks for taking him in. I am sorry to hear about Sadie's passing. :(

Daisylover
04-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Jack is very beautiful, or I guess I should say he's handsome since he is a guy..... Thanks for saving his life.

manda_moo87
04-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks all...
I've heard that there is another stray rabbit spotted by a few neighbors and even made its way into one neighbor's garage! :( So hopefully I'll be able to catch it as well and keep it or find a good home for it...
It seems someone has abandoned their bunnies...it's so sad...or they escaped...but more likely were abandoned.

wolfie
04-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Jack is so cute! Sounds like he wanted you to take him home. Congrats on your new bun bun!