PDA

View Full Version : Adoptathon Pictures

clara4457
04-24-2004, 04:33 PM
We had a very successful adoption event at the local Petsmart today. I'm pretty sure that all of these dogs will be adopted by the end of next week. I thought everyone would like to see pictures:

This is Caleb - he is one of the most sweet Rotties I have ever seen. Loves everyone - very submissive and just wants to be a lap dog
http://tutzauer.com/shelterhelpers/Images/April%2024%20Petsmart%20Adoptathon%20003.jpg

Tess is less than a year old, but she is very mellow and just wants to be loved. When she first came to the shelter, she wouldn't even walk on a leash. she just cowered in the back of the kennel- now she is walking on a leash, has learned sit and down and gives great kisses. We had a couple rushing back to the shelter to let them know they wanted her.
http://tutzauer.com/shelterhelpers/Images/April%2024%20Petsmart%20Adoptathon%20006.jpg

This is Gigi - kind of large for a Pomeranian but just sweet. She's a barker, but we are working on it. She also loves playing with the big dogs - her and Caleb were having a grand old time.
http://tutzauer.com/shelterhelpers/Images/April%2024%20Petsmart%20Adoptathon%20005.jpg

Shelby is just so sweet. She reminds me of Leo in personality - loves all other dogs, all people and will do anything for pets. We had a wonderful couple with kids that are very interested in her and she got along with their dog just wonderfully. We use Shelby at the shelter to test with other dogs, because she has great dog on dog signals
http://tutzauer.com/shelterhelpers/Images/April%2024%20Petsmart%20Adoptathon%20002.jpg

clara4457
04-24-2004, 04:37 PM
This is my favorite picture- we had all three in a sit at the same time waiting for treats. All the dogs just show so much better when they are out in public rather than in the kennels.
http://tutzauer.com/shelterhelpers/Images/April%2024%20Petsmart%20Adoptathon%20017.jpg

Sorry these are all so large, I have them half the size on my website so I don't know why they are so big. If you want to see all the photos, I have most posted on my website starting HERE (http://tutzauer.com/shelterhelpers/Adopt1Caleb.html)

ChiRen
04-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Awww...I just love Tess and Shelby!!!

Lixx
04-24-2004, 04:40 PM
OMG the rottie has a tail!!! That makes me soo happy!!!:D They are all beautiful! I hope that they all find homes!!

DogLover9501
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
:eek: The rottie is gorgeous!

Also from growing up with a pom, I don't think the barking can ever be stopped ;)

clara4457
04-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Lixx
OMG the rottie has a tail!!! That makes me soo happy!!!:D They are all beautiful! I hope that they all find homes!!

Yes - Caleb is "au natural". He is a beauty and I like dogs to have their tails and ears (no offense to anyone) - it makes it easier to read their moods. :)

RobiLee
04-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Oh, Clara, you are just killing us here. What great pups. I love all the pics. You are doing excellent work! I hope they all find their forever homes.

Robin

clara4457
04-25-2004, 08:26 AM
It was just such a successful day - all of the dogs got great exposure and had quite a few people interested in them. I especially liked the people that were interested in Tess - an older couple whose dog had recently passed away. I thought Tess was a perfect fit for them, easy to walk and just loves to lay next to you getting pets. Plus they have older grandkids that would be good with Tess (she is a little shy and probably wouldn't do well in an over active household, but would be great with older kids), a fenced back yard and a son-in-law that is a vet. Who could ask for a better home for this sweet girl. :D

We have another one this weekend - so expect more pictures of a totally different group of dogs and cats! We have a couple of litters of puppies that should be ready for adoption this week. :)

anna_66
04-25-2004, 08:39 AM
It's so good to hear that these dogs will most likely find good homes!
Needless to say I think Caleb is a beauty, but so are all the others.
I love on your site with all 3 of them sitting together and your caption "Who could resist these faces?" I know I couldn't !!!

Thanks so much for sharing your success at Petsmart!

mugsy
04-25-2004, 08:46 AM
They are gorgeous!!

Where did you get the coats that they are wearing? Those would be perfect for us when we do our adoption events!

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Such adorable dogs -- how could someone NOT want them?

I think the reason they came out big on here is because you make them small appearance wise on your website, but the file that is loaded is still the original size.

Great pictures -- I especially like the Caleb.:)

clara4457
04-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Mugsy - I'm not sure where they got the vests, but I will find out and let you know

Anna - I thought of you immediately when I first met Caleb - what a love bug he is.

Kay - thanks for the advice, I will remember to resize them before I upload them from now on.:)

All - thanks for the compliments - I was just so thrilled with the day and how well everyone did. Believe it or not Shelby has been at the shelter for 2 months and Tess has been there over a month. The problem is that Shelby would jump and bark at people when she was in her kennel and Tess would just cower in the back of hers. It is just so important that we get them out of that environment so that people can see them as they really are, rather than what they would be if they were caged 20 hours a day. :(

lovemyshiba
04-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by clara4457
Yes - Caleb is "au natural". He is a beauty and I like dogs to have their tails and ears (no offense to anyone) - it makes it easier to read their moods. :)

It goes without saying who my favorite is!!!!!!!:D
He looks like a big sweetie!!!!
A friend from work came over once and was playing with my dogs--he was trying so hard to get Jada worked up, but all she does is growl a bit, and then roll over on her back--he said she was just a big cream puff!!!!!!:)

I have to say that I do agree with you on this--I like them natural as well, however, Jada doesn't have a tail, but her little nub wags like crazy when she's happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!