PDA

View Full Version : (gross warning) Pickles grooming Marsha

sirrahved
04-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey everyone,

I've got a question. Pickles licks Marsha's butt CONSTANTLY, and then always gets the same face like... THAT'S THE MOST DISGUSTING THING IN THE WORLD, MEOWMIE! But he probably does it at least five times a day, maybe more!!! I don't understand. What posesses him to do this? Marsh hates when he does this. HE hates it....

sirrahbed
04-24-2004, 03:39 PM
hmmm...maybe he just likes to gross himself out?:confused: :eek:

slick
04-24-2004, 04:49 PM
OMG that's so funny. I know someone that had 2 cats and one of them used to suck/lick the other one's butt too. Quite obviously he got the nickname "butt sucker".:D :D She could never figure out why but came to the conclusion that they loved each other and just wanted to make sure all "parts" were clean???? Go figure.

sirrahved
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
the funny thing is that Pickles ONLY cleans her butt! (and occasionally her eye)

jazzcat
04-24-2004, 10:17 PM
It's odd that he would keep doing something he seems to hate. Maybe Marsha has an irresistible butt.

lat192004
04-25-2004, 12:06 AM
:eek: :eek: LOLx10

Nomilynn
04-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Does he get this face like the ears go back and the mouth is slightly open like "PEEEEEEEYEEEEWWWW!!!" ? Nutmeg does that to everything. If you read the PT dictionary, it's called "hooing" (I think??) but it's because they are smelling something through a super sensitive scent gland on the roof of the mouth.. I can't remember what it's called though :p I'm too tired :p

sasvermont
04-25-2004, 07:47 AM
It is so funny that you bring up this topic.

When Tiberius was here (a one year old Bengal kitty) he would clean Juni's butt all the time. In fact, when I re-homed him to Beth, out of state, that was the first thing I said about him. That he was into licking butts. I have no idea if he is performing such friendly deeds with/on his new buddy, but Juni now does it to Chloe. No one would dare touch Miley's butt. Anyway, I think it is an animal thing and short of keeping them apart, or yelling at the cats, it will continue. They also clean each other's ears and that can't be fun either. Think about it. They have rough tongues!

Juni and Chloe now fight too much to spend their resting time with each other. All they do is chase, attack, role and restart, so there is not much time for cleaning each other.

I feel your pain, when spying the event in progress. I usually say something like "and then you lick me with that mouth...." then move on to some other impossible question/answer about cats.

SAS

sirrahved
04-25-2004, 07:51 AM
hooing...that is exactly what he seems to be doing...Is he analyzing the delicate aromas of her rear?