PDA

View Full Version : chitzu's????????i think i'm gonna be babysitting one on sunday need tips

Truffles
04-23-2004, 08:42 PM
hey,

if you saw this in breeds i apologize i just really need help amf everyone comes here.:rolleyes:

chitzu's????????i think i'm gonna be babysitting one on sunday need tips
hey,

ok this isn't a deffinet yet i'll know by tommorow if i am babysitting a chitzu.anyway here's the story.

this chitzu i was told (doesn't like being left alone)my moms friend left it alone for about 2hours and came back and the chitzu had torn up certains and blinds, anyway she said the chitzu is really sweet and genltle.if its gentle then why did it tear up the house???????am i gonna get eaten by this dog :eek: ???????please help i'm not sure if this is a deffienet i'll let you know hopefully there is a pc there so i can check in.please any chitzu owners HELP.thanks and take care.

marylyn
:confused:

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Truffles
hey,

chitzu's????????i think i'm gonna be babysitting one on sunday need tips

:confused:

Piece of cake!

Just make sure they are with you all the time....they are good, gentle dogs....Don't freak out when they want to go inside the bathroom when you go!

One thing about them.....when you talk to them do not be surprised it they look at you like they understand.....they do.....they just won't let you know...

Good luck!

guster girl
04-23-2004, 09:08 PM
I don't know much about shih tzus, but, it sounds like the dog is suffering from separation anxiety. I don't think you have to worry about the dog attacking you if it suffers from separation anxiety. If they've told you the dog is agressive or a fear biter or wary of strangers or strange surroundings, that's different. But based on what you're saying, it sounds like separation anxiety. If you are going to be keeping the dog, are you going to be able to keep it in a crate when you can't be there with it? Dogs will be highly destructive when left alone if they suffer from anxiety. The owners should know this and should give you the information you need to know. I wouldn't leave the dog alone if I were you, and, if you have to, you may want to keep him in a small area.

aly
04-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Shih Tzu's are not much bigger than Yorkies. The dog won't eat you, don't worry.

Seperation anxiety is not related to aggression at all. Guster girl made a good post, so I won't elaborate much more. Sounds like you'll just be watching the dog for a day so I'm sure everything will be fine.

NoahsMommy
04-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Shih Tzu's are one of my favorite dogs and we see a ton of them at work...they are ALL sweetie pies. :)

I think you'll really enjoy dog sitting. :D

Truffles
04-25-2004, 09:57 AM
the pooch is so sweet guess i over reacted as usual LOL:p anyway thank you so much for the replies.i wish i had my camera i'd take a picture of this sweet dog he's so cute.i think i'll take him on a walk later on but i need to wake up first lol.thanks again for your help take care:)

marylyn