PDA

View Full Version : He has a new name and he's HOME!

catcrazylady
04-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Ok, let me start with the final new name and explain where it all came from. He is now officially MR. SCRAPPY PADDINGTON MAGOO.
Here is how that all came about.
Scrappy- Because Catmandu (Gary) sent some very nice toys to the shelter for the kitties. He special requested a mouse for (at that time) Ocky. He pm'd me about the toys and also told me he would be honored if I threw the name Scrappy in with all the other names that were coming together. Scrappy was his much loved furbaby that is now playing at RB.
Paddington- I think this is pretty obvious! He looks just like Paddington the fuzzy bear!
Mr. Magoo- Because so many of my wonderful PT friends liked that name and hubby also liked it the best.
I have already caught myself calling him Paddy Bear and Scrappy Bear. Hubby only calls him Mr. Magoo so he will probably never learn his name!
Now what you all have been waiting for! He is home and I mean he his in his forever home! I know we have some adventures ahead but PT prayers have been answered once again. It has gone so smooth tonight that I'm in shock!! I have worried so much today and it is nice to have the intial meeting over with and to have seen things go so well.
We bought him a new large cage, litter box, and food/water bowls. We came home, set up the cage and let the furbies check it out. Then we went to the shelter and picked up Paddy Bear. The car ride was hard on him but fortunately we only live about 5 minutes away. It must have been horribly disorienting. We brought him in, put him in his new cage, he checked out his bounderies, and ate like a pig, drank, and proceeded to bathe! It was like he had been here forever! We then let the current brats come and check him out. Leroy did everything in his power to get in with him! He stuck his paw through the cage and kind of rubbed Mr. Magoo. I thought I was going to cry!! Sammy sniffed him and kind of hung around but didn't seem upset at all. Stubby gave him a glancing sniff and went on her way very casually. Peanut Butter sniffed and acted like it was an every day occurence and never gave it another thought. Maggie Sue sniffed and actually rubbed lovingly on the cage. (We will see how long that lasts!) Pervy is very cautious but more because she is very timid. The only ones that had any issues were Pete and Pepper Jack. They sniffed but when Mr. Magoo sniffed back they hissed at him. They didn't run but went into that fight pose. No paws were raised though. I'm not to concerned because they were both just nuetered and it will take a bit before they become less teritorial. Once they adjust to him I have no doubt that they will be fine. They weren't so nasty that I'm worried about it. Not yet anyway!
Through all this adventure Mr. Scrappy Paddington Magoo sniffed back or hardly gave any notice at all. He isn't going to have any problems with them at all! At one point I opened the cage to pet Scrappy Bear and in ran Leroy!! I left them alone for a few minutes and Leroy sniffed all over Paddy and Paddy Bear didn't care at all!! When Leroy sniffed Paddy's face he started licking where his eye should be. I almost cried again but I was nervous about too much happening at once so I pulled Leroy out. When I took Leroy out he growled at me for the first time ever!!! He wanted to stay with his new friend!! I think Paddy wanted him to stay too but I don't want to push things to fast. Something could still get ugly and I am holding out for a while longer.
So this has been the first couple of hours and it is going well. Keep praying that this continues.
Yes, I have pictures!!! I going to post them in the next reply. I wanted to give you all something to read while I posted all the pictures!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Ok, here they come!

catcrazylady
04-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Leroy claimed the cage before Scrappy Paddy Bear got home.
He's such a goof!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/pbbab86da7152dbbb07815df0029a4846/f8e87d3d.jpg

Everybody meeting Paddy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p62809fbce2afb7008e6badc8c80e1741/f8e87d5e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p36ce6e5ef3bdb5b8b8c1e5b2209749be/f8e87d5a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/paa349121c471d0aa1ef9c83f547d25ec/f8e87d52.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p8f31b8636cb900d38bcffd59c04d9459/f8e87d4f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p690befd8ec57d6f1270d45beccdb16a4/f8e87d37.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p168e6ce53074a9d04bca4dd0b3fc65f2/f8e87d30.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/peea4bd01764aef521a31cab87c29fc16/f8e87d21.jpg

More coming!

catcrazylady
04-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Leroy tries to figure out how to get in there with him!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p0a331febf782c1775e7083d07cec876d/f8e87d44.jpg

Leroy does make it in and you can see in these two pictures just how concerned Mr. Magoo was about it.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p28d9cefa4339acf7d72418770e926500/f8e87d34.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p7e861fc64f8c5ac31225ce7c4df69599/f8e87d19.jpg

After all the initial hoopla was over with and everyone went on with their daily business Mr. Scrappy Paddington Magoo had some more dinner and is now napping.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/pd8918c7538bc6d18832aa1ff629104ef/f8e87d2d.jpg

I promise progress reports with pictures. Keep praying and thank you all so much for your support. I know that we have a long way to go but at least the first part is over! I don't know if I would have tried it if I didn't know I had such a wonderful support group! I love you all and thanks!!!

Craftlady
04-23-2004, 07:58 PM
How sweet!!!!!! Getting the kleenex out :)
Keeping continued good thoughts that Magoo and the gang do well together. :)

aly
04-23-2004, 08:04 PM
AWWWWW!! Congrats on your new baby!

Leroy looks like he will be a WONDERFUL big brother and show little Paddy Bear (LOVE that nick name!) the ropes. The pictures are great. You have a gorgeous fur crew!

jenluckenbach
04-23-2004, 08:07 PM
He is home and I mean he his in his forever home!
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Welcome to the new addition of Mr. Scrappy Magoo :)

sirrahbed
04-23-2004, 08:10 PM
YAY!!!!!! *sob*sob* YAY!!!!!!!!
I have been sitting here waiting to hear!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Thought I would yank my thread out of the middle and put it down here! I am just so excited to hear about how everything has been going! Wow what a great first introduction! Good ole Leroy! Even washing Scrappy's face! That is the sweetest thing and would have had me bawling I am sure! And the sweet little guy all calm and happy throughout!!! Oh my gosh!!! And now you have the WHOLE weekend to just watch and monitor and enjoy the action as it unfolds:D I loved hearing every minute of it and having the pictures made me feel like I was right there with you!! Thanks you so much for making us a part of all this!! I really do feel part of it from the very beginning.
Enjoy your evening with hubby and the brats and your newest baby!!!!
Can't wait for more reports and pictures!!!

guster girl
04-23-2004, 08:14 PM
OMG. He is so beautiful. Cats are so amazing. Now, you need a new signature. :)

Steffi N
04-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Welcome Mr. Scrappy Paddington Magoo to your forever home.
I am so glad that everything is going so well.

Felicia's Mom
04-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Congrats. and the best of luck.:D

kuhio98
04-23-2004, 08:27 PM
We really need one of those smiley thingys that has tears pouring out of its face because I'm bawling like a big, goofy idiot.

Welcome home Scrappy Paddington Magoo.
Scrappy, Paddy, Scrappy Bear, Paddy Bear, Goo Goo Bear....

Something tells me that you are going to have lots of wonderful names.

catlady1945
04-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Great photos. Your cats are soooo curious. I think Leroy will be his new friend and bodyguard. Mr Scrappy seems very well adjusted already.

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 09:00 PM
It's just April and we have had so many tearjerkers here on PT.....good and bad!!!!!

Scrappy, I tried to get you named- But Gary beat me to it.....

*sponorship....hmmmmmm*;)

Have Fun Mr Scrappy!!
Sounds like you are in for a great time!

moosmom
04-23-2004, 09:04 PM
*Sniff* I'm sitting here blubbering like a baby!! What a wonderful homecoming!! Things happen for a reason, CCL. I truly believe that Mr. Magoo belongs with you and your crew.

Prayers coming your way.

catcrazylady
04-23-2004, 09:14 PM
I can't thank all of you enough!!! The support here is tremendous and I couldn't have done it without all the encouragement. I mean that! I was very nervous about it and what it would do to my crew as well as how Mr. Magoo would handle it. Knowing that you have such wonderful people who truly understand your love and concern for the furbabies and are so willing to lend support during the trying times, makes it easier to take on a possible challenge.
Sirrabed thanked me for letting you all in from the beginning but to me you all are as responsible for this as me. Without you this may not have happened.
Mr. Scrappy Paddington Magoo thanks you all from the bottom of his adorably precious heart. He sends all of you giant {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and so do I. I'm sure there will be trying times ahead but I know you all will be there for us and that is what makes it easier to handle.
God Bless You ALL and Thank You!

rkidsrcats
04-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Of course we are all standing and applauding. Pippin sends his very special award to you and all the family for taking in one of his kind! You won't regret it one bit!
From the Tribe....a big smoochie kiss to S. Paddington Magoo. We look forward to more stories. :D

catcrazylady
04-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Thank you so much for the Pippin award! How cute!!! We will be printing that out and I think I will put it on Mr. Scrappy Paddington Magoo's cage!!

Richard: I'm so sorry that your name didn't make it into the mix. Something about Opium just didn't seem to fit! My brother is a Police officer too and I don't want to get Paddy Bear arrested or searched by the police dog!! EEEEK!

Here is the last picture for the night. Mr. Scrappy Paddy Bear Magoo is sleeping soundly in his new home.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p1e3b82ee63229fd16003ae9a6c5632ba/f8e831d3.jpg

Grace
04-23-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm so happy for all of you - especially Mr. Magoo. Your Leroy reminds me of my Duffy - a sensitive soul who knows exactly how to welcome a newcomer.

May you all be blessed with many years of joy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Awww...he is so sweet in that last pic. All tuckered out after his big move home.

And Leroy! What a ham he is! Just couldn't wait to get in and meet the newbie. :D

nibblets
04-23-2004, 10:18 PM
My guess is LeRoy is going to be very nurturing to Scrappy and the two will become inseparable.
Your pictures are priceless and the whole story brings big tears to my eyes. The last picture of him sleeping pretty much says it all....he is home!;)

jazzcat
04-23-2004, 11:07 PM
:D :D :D
I'm kind of speechless.

This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!
:D :) :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Welcome home Mr. Scrappy Paddy Magoo!!!:D
I'm so glad to see and hear that things are going so well. I agree that Leroy and Scrappy are going to become best friends and probably inseparable too.:) I look forward to hearing more and seeing many more pictures of Scrappy with his new siblings.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-24-2004, 01:59 AM
I too am sitting here with tears in my eyes. What a wonderful person you are, to give Mr. Scrappy Paddy Bear Magoo a chance to have a loving home!!!

Hugs to all of you!

Kirsten
04-24-2004, 03:26 AM
Oh, this is wonderful... Looking at these pictures of your kitty gang greeting Mr. Magoo brought tears to my eyes.

It's heartwarming to know that Paddy Bear has such a good forever home now! :) He looks happy! :) thanks for doing this for him (((Hugs and Head-Scritchies)))

Kirsten

PayItForward
04-24-2004, 05:21 AM
Just a lovely post and I am so pleased the introductions look to be going well (Don't want to Jinx it)

I love this photo...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p1e3b82ee63229fd16003ae9a6c5632ba/f8e831d3.jpg

Look his paw is resting on his toy...so cute :D

neko1
04-24-2004, 07:14 AM
It is truely wonderful to hear that all is going well. I too loved that last picture. It warms my heart to see him in his furrever home!:)

smokey the elder
04-24-2004, 07:31 AM
I love the pic of Leroy in the cage. "I'm working on making bail!":D

Cataholic
04-24-2004, 08:51 AM
CCL,
What a wonderful blessing! Scrappy Paddington Bear looks like he belongs with you. I can't wait to see more of him and your guys.

catmandu
04-24-2004, 08:51 AM
At The Rainbow Bridge , My Mr Scrappy is honored that hevhas a namesake , as nice as crappy Paddington! And I am convinced that the other Catswill sense that Scrappy Paddington Magoo is a Cayt in need , and that they will be extra good with him! My cats always knew where Ebomy , my late Blind Rescue Cat was , even when I didnt. And The Late Mr. Scrappy was his pal , and used to spend time , washing Ebony. Mr SCrappy , and I tahnk You! God Bless You ALL! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW From The Found Cats!

ChrisH
04-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Tears flowing, happy tears, for Mr Scrappy Paddy Bear Magoo and you. :) And what wonderful pictures of a wonderful happening! I am just so happy for you all! :) :)

Hugs
Chris

Vio&Juni
04-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Awww, I am so happy for Mr. Magoo :) and for all of you. And how sweet of Leroy to welcome him like this :)

lbaker
04-24-2004, 09:52 AM
What a way to start the day! HOORAY :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2004, 10:19 AM
OMG, I finally had time to read your first post (before I just looked at the pics) and now I'm in tears over how SWEET Leroy was!!! When you mentioned that he started licking his face where his eyes should be, I couldn't stop myself, and I don't know how you maintained without breaking down right then and there. He is such an adorable, laid back sweetie - both Leroy and Mr. Scrappy Paddington Magoo. :D

And you say hubby is calling him Mr. Magoo - does that mean he's reconciled to the whole thing and actually welcoming Mr. Scrappy? (poor kitty is never going to know what his name is :rolleyes: ;) :D )

I can't wait for the next installment! I did notice that in most of the pics of everybody checking him out, the others seemed to come and go, but Leroy was in almost every pic. And Maggie Sue rubbing lovingly on the crate? :eek: :eek:

I think you have the most wonderful addition to your herd. :D

lisalee
04-24-2004, 12:50 PM
I haven't read the whole story about Mr. Magoo but it brought tears to my eyes anyway. I'm the real emotional type when it comes to kitty cats. Mr. Magoo is adorable and I hope eveything works out for all of you. I'm sure it will. Best wishes sent to you and all your furbabies, especially lovely Mr. Magoo!

Lisa & Sash

tuxluvr
04-25-2004, 08:08 PM
This is such a sweet, wonderful story! So glad that Paddy Magoo has found a loving home - so glad there are people like you to take on a special cat....my own tears remind me how thankful I am to have eyes, but more importantly that there are those with kind hearts who melt away the insignificance of physical imperfection......thanks for making my Sunday!

kimlovescats
04-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Just now seeing these pics for the first time! I know you are feeling a bit down about the bite and all ... and RIGHTFULLY so, but these pics tell me, that everyone will settle in just fine, in due time! Hang in there! ;)