PDA

View Full Version : kneeding

simon
01-02-2002, 06:20 PM
I allow my two year old male kitty to sleep in bed with me. He purrs every time I touch him which is not a problem. The problem is there are some nights he will start kneeding my neck. If he kneeded any where else I wouldn't mind. How do I convice my kitty that kneeding my neck is not appreciated?

:(

TheAntiPam
01-02-2002, 08:23 PM
One thing helped about 70% at my house - I kept a hot pad nearby and placed it under my cat's claws as he flexed. He did not like the texture as much, so he stopped earlier. Plus, the extra layer between my skin and the claws did help some.

I also tried a towel, but the loops in the fabric caught on his claws and made him unhappy - plus it ruined the towel. So I settled on the hot pad, just like you use for pot handles in cooking.

Good luck - we love the affection, but hate the scars!!!
:D :D

Logan
01-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Pull those covers up around your neck! that's the only way that I can keep Mimi off of mine. she gets so discouraged when I make it hard for her to "make biscuits" on my head and neck! But her claws are sharp!!! :eek:

wayne0214
01-03-2002, 07:37 AM
I spray my neck and parts of the bed, where I do not want them to sleep, with perfume. they do not like the smell nor the taste of it.

..........wayne

yumyum6970
01-03-2002, 07:56 AM
My other cat Dutchess or should I say my husband's cat loves to kneed on his stomach while he is sitting watching tv. He never bothers me that way which is good because she loves to kneed after we have just eaten supper.
:)