PDA

View Full Version : Hobo's rehab is finished!

Glacier
04-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Hobo's rehabilation from the wolf attack appears to complete. Last week he was neutered, all the infections have cleared up, the open wound on his right rear leag has finally closed. He is weightbearing on all paws and his gait is normal. He's gain four pounds--up to a whopping 36 pounds now!

Two days ago, Hobo officially joined the pack! Hobo sleeps in the house and likely always will now--who could blame him for being a little afraid to be outside at night!? During the day though, he's in the smaller of the two pens with my main leader, Pingo, an older female, Sleet and two timid males, Antare & Pacer. There wasn't so much as a raised hackle when he first went in the pen, probably because all the dogs have seen him around the house for the past two months. Pacer adores him. Pacer is only about 2 and Hobo is seven, but their energy levels are quite similar. This morning, Pacer wouldn't even let Hobo finish peeing before he started playbowing at him!
They were engaged in a game of chase within minutes.

It's taken a little over two months to get Hobo back on his feet. His survival and continued good nature is truly amazing.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Apr/20044235614040239354820.jpg
Hobo checking out his new digs.

Cinder & Smoke
04-23-2004, 05:22 PM
:)
Purdy Neet, Hobo ~

The Great Outdoors, wiffa Pack Buddies, all day !
anna Warm Bed inside da howze at nite!

Life Is Gud!!

:D

Merry
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
wow he is beautiful:D

tatsxxx11
04-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Hobo, you are one amazing pup!!! We're all so happy to hear your healed, whole and healthy again...AND it's official, a full fledged member of the pack! Your photo says it all! It's so nice to hear that you have such a special friend in Pacer, one who will take you by the paw and show you the ropes:D Enjoy those warm, cozy night in the "big house" with your mom and doggie pals, sweetheart! What a happy ending!:)

mugsy
04-23-2004, 09:46 PM
yeah for Hobo!!! He's a beauty. You've done great things with him.

anna_66
04-24-2004, 07:53 AM
Well he looks wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that he's recovering & getting along so well with the other dogs.

BIG {{{HUGS}}} to you Hobo!!!

dukedogsmom
04-24-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm so glad he's doing so much better now! He'll be happier too, getting to play some.

primabella
04-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Wow Hobo you are just gorgeous! :eek: It's great to hear he is doing better and has found a friend in the pack. :)

CathyBogart
04-24-2004, 11:18 AM
YAY Hobo!! I'm sooo glad you're feeling better! He looks great!

RobiLee
04-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Hobo, I am so happy for you. I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery. We all know that you are in good hands and will be one happy pup from now on. Hugs for you, Hobo

Robin :)

ChrisH
04-24-2004, 03:50 PM
That's wonderful! :)