PDA

View Full Version : Strange cat toys.

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Does your cat have a strange toy that they love?
Something not meant for a cat, but something they
love?

Eddie? A pair of binoculars and a hockey puck!:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :o :D

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Yup...a giant matt cut of longhaired Bonnie! It is rather rat sized in shape and the kittens love hooking it and flinging it around. Q-Tips are another hot item here, as are straws. I can't leave my ice coffee anywhere that little mischevious paws will find it, and leave me with coffee everywhere. :rolleyes:

jazzcat
04-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Jazz loves twist ties. Whenever we untie the bread she cries for us to throw the twistie. She will play fetch with them for hours, it seems. I imagine there are no less than 100 hidden around my house right now.

kuhio98
04-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Yup. Wine and champagne corks!
We have saved hundreds of them over the 20 years we've lived in our house (No, we're not drunks). After every party or celebration, the corks went into a wooden container on the stair landing.

Halo and Pepper love to fish them out and bring them to you (usually at 3:00 in the morning) hoping for a game of fetch. We find them all over the house. They never chew them up but just bat them around. The especially love the champagne corks because their shape makes for an unpredictable bounce.

sirrahbed
04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
YES! My bookmarks that have the tassels on them - Emily LOVES them. I like to read at night and put the marker on the pillow next to me and she sneaks off with it. If I put the book on the night stand and forget to tuck the tassel underneath, the little bugger steals it and I lose my place:rolleyes: You'd think I would learn but I have such a nice collection of bookmarkers and most have pretty tassels! Little bookmark thief!!

guster girl
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Lock's favorite toy is Finn's clicker! He's obsessed with it! He also plays with ink pens. :)

nibblets
04-23-2004, 10:28 PM
*Elastic Ponytail holders
*A napkin and plastic spoon in a celophane package from a take out dinner
*The cords for the mini blinds

guster girl
04-23-2004, 10:44 PM
OH, gosh! How could I forget the mini blind cords! :)

lat192004
04-23-2004, 11:21 PM
The rings that seal a gallon jug of milk. Throw one Angel's way, and look out!

carole
04-24-2004, 01:07 AM
If my daughter leaves her Barbie dolls and clothes and stuff lying around(which yes she often does) both my cats love to play with them especially Lexie, but then she is a girl, however I always make sure the little stuff is put away as Lexie has a weird tendancy to eat little plastic things. nawtee wee girl...

EssTer
04-24-2004, 07:32 AM
well, Buddy finds all the time with what tp play! Regulary he steals from me candies and play with them.. very often he jumps in bath with that candy and plays with it there.. ha ha...

catmandu
04-24-2004, 08:45 AM
The Cats are older , and the only things that they play with , are interactive Toys , like the Curtain strings, or the Cat Dancer , or any pieces of crumbled paper!

lbaker
04-24-2004, 09:59 AM
My toes :rolleyes: only Moon will do this. Especially when I'm fresh out of the shower Moon just gets transfixiated over my toes :confused:

Catsnclay
04-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Ice cubes!!!! When they hear the sound of the machine they appear out of nowhere and become hockey players :rolleyes:

lisalee
04-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Sash usually likes the tops of bottled caps too. I don't really know though what else:confused: plastic bags, brown bags. I wish I could find more toys that would spark his interest, he's just older and doesn't play that much.:(

Lisa & Sash

catnapper
04-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Yep, the plastic rings from milk gallons and they LOVE the tops from tubes of toothpaste. Pouncer can be entertained for hours will a ball of aluminum foil. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Silly cats.

Atleast it doesn't take much to keep them entertained!
My friend's cat loves the milk jug rings.

PayItForward
04-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Milk jug rings are popular here too and my Brambles adores playing with Pens :eek:

leslie flenner
04-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Milk jug rings until I found out Scamp was chewing them to the point they'd disappear! So no more ingesting plastic. I give him the heavy rings off of juice bottles and he's just as delighted!
Cat dancer- i don't even have to make it dance. It lives on the floor and when old Shy gets frisky, she drags it out and has herself a hey-dey!!
The light off my watch on the wall is a good one, just like a laser light! And a loose moth or ladybug in the house is a good time for all. Pixie always gets the bugs! She eats them, then darts around frantically looking as she has forgotten she just ate it!

QueenScoopalot
04-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Well Leslie, You'll just have to start letting more bugs in for Pixie!:D I know how much you love spiders...Pixie will love them even more. :eek:

carole
04-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Yes with Lexie I have to be careful that I donot leave anything lying on the tables,she loves to pull them off and play with them, like when my necklace went missing, I had left it on the dresser, my daughter and her friend found it under the bed, you can guess who put it there can't you?:)

Sirrahsim
04-25-2004, 11:56 PM
*sniffle* I wish that I could give Boomer some milk rings to play with... I don't think he's ever seen one to tell you the truth. They only sell milk in carboard cartons here on base. Ah well, when we move back to the states I'm sure he'll have plenty milk rings to play with:)
He loves to play with ink pens and also loves ripping chunks of carboard off of his scratcher and playing with the pieces:rolleyes: :D