PDA

View Full Version : First my neighborhood, now my heroes....

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 11:12 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4815441/

jazzcat
04-23-2004, 11:49 AM
My husband called to tell me the news.:(

I had just read about him last week or so from one of your other posts. I remember my husband telling me about him when he first joined but I had forgotten until your recent post. He had been on my mind so it was very heartbreaking to hear this news.

Another fallen hero.:( We have so many to honor.

Logan
04-23-2004, 12:36 PM
I saw this earlier. :( It is sad to lose any of them. :(

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 12:58 PM
http://nfl.com/news/story/5701425

---------------------------------

On the street you are going to see kids wearing the jersey of a pro sports star that has been accused of rape, using drugs, beating their wives, shooting/carrying a gun, cheating on their wives, cheating on their taxes, choking their coach, throwing TV monitors on the floor, fighting in bars and just being jerks...

Chances are you won't see a red number 40 anytime soon.

That's a real shame.

Karen
04-23-2004, 01:04 PM
I will just say that you, Richard, have my sympathies, as does his family and all of his fans. I won't enter politics into this. I hope a scholarship is started in his name, if one does not already exist, and that the high-paid NFL players, who owe their freedom to men and women like Pat Tillman, will contribute heavily.

A true hero.

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 04:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7277701

---------------------------------

Former Cardinals and current Seahawks GM Bob Ferguson

"Pat represents all that is good with this country, our society and ultimately the human condition in general. In today's world of instant gratification and selfishness, here is a man that was defined by words like loyalty, honor, passion, courage, strength and nobility.

mugsy
04-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Very eloquently said Bob Ferguson.

Miss Meow
04-24-2004, 05:50 AM
I saw this on the news tonight and I remembered him from one of your posts.

Dreadfully sad.

iceyshiver21
04-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I swear People are so dumb, They'll honestly be the death of me, but then every now and then I hear of a person such as him, kinda give me hope. awe. so sad. My sympathy to his fans, loved ones and family.

Cincy'sMom
04-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I hope a scholarship is started in his name, if one does not already exist,

It sounds like plans are in the works...

The university and the Cardinals also are collaborating on a scholarship fund in Tillman’s name

momoffuzzyfaces
04-24-2004, 03:12 PM
:(
All of the men and women who have died are "TRUE AMERICAN HEROES". Every single one of them volunteered to serve their country. Kansas has buried over 50 of her own. One young father killed only two weeks after he went to Iraq. All of them deserve to be honored, not just one.

Every loss is tragic.

Prayers for all who knew, loved, and admired him.

NoahsMommy
04-24-2004, 05:49 PM
This one caught me offgaurd. :(

While I think anyone willing to die for another is an amazing person, we don't often know them individually and take them for granted.

Heaven got one of the better humans...