PDA

View Full Version : New Babies!!

heinz57_79
04-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Heya everyone! Well, Katie finally decided that she was tired of carrying around 400 lbs worth of kitten, and dropped them around 3am today. Our family is now +4, which makes a grand total of 7! And we couldn't be happier!

Katie had 5 kittens, one was stillborn, so we're left with 4... A calico, an orange tabby, a white one with no tail and another white one. We'll see what kinda colours the white ones develop in a few weeks. But for now.... Here's the brood!

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jcricket777/Pets/nose.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jcricket777/Pets/mascara.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jcricket777/Pets/kittenpile3.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jcricket777/Pets/kittenpile2.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jcricket777/Pets/kittenpile.jpg

aly
04-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Are you keeping them all?

THEY ARE SO ADORABLE and one of them reminds me sooooooooo much of Skylar at that age. I can't wait to see them as they grow!!

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

NoahsMommy
04-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Such itty bitties!!!

Have you thought of names yet? What is your sex ratio? We know at least one is female with your baby calico...

They are sooooooooo sweet! Congrats! :)

Uabassoon
04-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm comming over this weekend to see them! Oh, and I'm not asking you, I'm telling you!

shais_mom
04-23-2004, 12:31 AM
AAWW
I see a CALICO IN THERE!!!
I am in love toooo cute!

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Awwwwwwww!!! They're so cuuuuuuutttttteeee. I'm looking forward to watching them grow up.:) I'm also a big orangie fan.:D

heinz57_79
04-23-2004, 12:41 AM
We are keeping all of them. :) Neither of us have the heart to give them up... No.. Instead, we're going to do the easy thing and buy a bigger house. hehehe As for sexes... no clue.. I hate sexing cats and I'm really bad at it. I think the one with no tail is probably a male. And most orange tabbies are males so...... As for names, no clue! I'll take any suggestions! :D

jazzcat
04-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Oh, they are soooooo cute!!!!!!!!! I've never been around newborn kittens. Please keep the pictures coming.

sirrahbed
04-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Awwwwwwww!!! They're so cuuuuuuutttttteeee. I'm looking forward to watching them grow up.:) I'm also a big orangie fan.:D

My words, exactly!!!
I have never seen such brand new babies before..WOW!!

catcrazylady
04-23-2004, 07:49 AM
OMG!!!! How adorable!!!! I can't wait to watch them grow up! It will be so cool to see them from day one and watch them change and grow. I'm so glad your keeping them!!
Keep the pictures coming! That little cailco is going to be very interesting looking. I think they all will be gorgeous!

I know, is there such a thing as an ugly baby kitten? NO!

catnapper
04-23-2004, 07:57 AM
OMG! They are absolutelt precious!!!! I LOVE the calico kitty! I love that you're keeping all of the kittens too :)

Once again, on PT, I've fallen in love :D

catmandu
04-23-2004, 09:10 AM
I love the one Kitten , with the dark markingsunder her eyes. And a Manx Kitten , that will be interesting!

RedHedd
04-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Ooh! They are ALL so cute! I love that the calico's markings are kinda dilute right now. I know she'll grow into her colors! All these kittens on PT are making me kitten-hungry!

heinz57_79
04-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll have to admit, I've never been around kittens this little before. I feel like an anxious mom... I keep checking on them to make sure they're still breathing. hehehe Imagine the kind of paranoid mom I'll be when I actually have a baby! :D I'm gonna get some more pics up in a few days.

Which reminds me.... anyone know how long it takes for kittens to open their eyes? About a week or so? And this may sound silly, but does anyone know any good tips on sexing cats? It's SO much easier with dogs.. :rolleyes:

catlover4ever
04-23-2004, 01:38 PM
What a wonderful bundle of little miracles!!!!:) Keep those pictures coming as they get bigger.

DogLover9501
04-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Awwww they are so sweet! How fun, 4 more kitties;)
I love the orangie also!!

rg_girlca
04-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Oh my, talk about CUTENESS OVERLOAD.....
Be still my heart. They are so precious.
I think their eyes open anywhere from 4 to 7 days.
Oh you MUST give us updated pictures as they grow.
What wonderful pictures.

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2004, 03:30 PM
What a beautiful litter! Babies, babies everywhere! Usually kittens eyes open at 10-12 days, but in very rare cases (like one mom I have here) they open at 4 days, but it's not normal. We can't wait for more pictures! :D :D

slick
04-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jcricket777/Pets/kittenpile.jpg
Be still my heart!!!!!!

This thread should have come with a cutness warning.......

This is just what I needed on this busy day. Thanks. Now I'm off to see other kitty threads.:)

Who needs drugs and alcohol when you've got kitty piles!

Steffi N
04-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Congratulations on expanding the size of your home by sixteen feet.
I am just melting, they are so precious. It will be wonderful to see them grow. Thank you for sharing. :)

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2004, 05:25 PM
The little dilute tortie girl is called a "frosted dilute tortie with white". She is so beautiful as are the others! :)

smokey the elder
04-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Nothing like a Saturday morning (kitten) pileup!:)

ChrisH
04-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Ohhhhhhh, they are all so sweet! :) :) :)

rg_girlca
04-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
What a beautiful litter! Babies, babies everywhere! Usually kittens eyes open at 10-12 days, but in very rare cases (like one mom I have here) they open at 4 days, but it's not normal. We can't wait for more pictures! :D :D

Thank you QSA for clearing up the eye opening info for me. Obviously my hubby was wrong when he told me 4-7days.
Wait til I set him straight, LOL.

Lixx
04-24-2004, 04:09 PM
THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!! I MEAN SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PayItForward
04-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
The little dilute tortie girl is called a "frosted dilute tortie with white". She is so beautiful as are the others! :)
In England we would call her a dilute calico but whatever she is beautiful. :D

Just a word of warning, it is natural for kittens to be pushed out of the nest by their parents. Some parents can become aggressive with their grown up offspring, if they remain in the house.

But luckily this doesn't always happen, there is a couple of PT's who have mum & grown up kits and they get on fine.

Just something to watch out for, also altering the kits at 6 months will help.

Please post more photos so I can drool over them :)

smokey the elder
04-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Diamond used to beat up on TicTac and Smokey the YOunger. Then each kitten was grown up and gave it right back. Now there's a permanent cease-fire.:D

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Soooooo adorable!!
I just love the little Calico!:D

Kirsten
04-25-2004, 10:45 AM
OMG, how cute they are!!! And the colors are amazing, the entire litter looks like a big cup of latte macchiato!! :)

The little calico looks like she's wearing a zorro mask! :)

Can't wait to see pictures of them growing up! :)

Kirsten