PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Save the Elephants at SF Zoo!

Kater
04-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Second Elephant at San Francisco Zoo Dies in Less Than Two Months! Maybelle, a 43-year-old African elephant, died within the past day under circumstances that remain sketchy.

Rest in peace Calle & Maybelle.

Elephants do not belong in carnivals, circuses or zoos! :( The evidence of obvious health problems experienced by these four elephants during their zoo captivity makes it all too clear that there can never be enough space for elephants in these types of environments. I wholeheartedly agree with Elliot Katz in his opinion that "Since we cannot return the elephants to the wild, the sanctuaries are the best we can offer." Transferring these animals to a sanctuary is not a solution to the real problem but it is the best we have to offer to these abused creatures at this point in their lives.

If you agree then please take a few minutes out of your day to compose a short letter requesting that San Francisco Zoo's two surviving elephants be transferred to a sanctuary environment.

You can read about Calle's death and get addresses for mailing letters here:

http://www.idausa.org/alert/currentalerts/elephant_alert.html

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Desert Arabian
04-25-2004, 08:47 PM
:( :( :( Poor elephants. I wish zoos weren't so carless with their animals. And circuses- I wish they were banned.

Sad! :(

lovemyshiba
04-25-2004, 09:27 PM
How sad.:(

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Kate!