PDA

View Full Version : Time To Get Up!

Pam
08-23-2001, 06:39 AM
Around here no one needs an alarm clock. We have Trevor! Usually he will start walking on me and meowing right around the same time every morning. (He is fed in the morning :) ) Well today, since I'm off from work and don't really have to get up, I ignored him. He went over to the computer (it's in my bedroom) and started walking on the keyboard. I sleepily told him that's not where he should be walking. Then he jumped onto the printer which is right under the light switch. I didn't see how he did this, but he turned on the light with the wall switch!!! I would like to think he is smart enough that he did it on purpose, but I bet he probably was just rubbing his cheeks on it and it came on. No matter how he did it, I felt he had gotten his point across and I got up and fed him! :D What a cat! Anyone else have an alarm clock covered with fur?

Gio
08-23-2001, 10:11 AM
I had a cat (Titti, now Rainbow bridge) that used to call us just a few minutes before the alarm clock went off. She did let us sleep a bit longer at weekends. Maya is not as understanding, if she wants me to get up she starts with batting her paw over my shoulder, then proceeds to obsessively lick my face (her toungue is so rough that after a few kisses it becomes unbearable) and if everything else fails she starts chewing on lamp cords, throwing things off shelves... It's impossible to oversleep if she's around!Prema on the other hand it's an angel, she will let me sleep until I feel like it, but if I open one eye she demands her overdue "cuddling time".

thelmalu99
08-23-2001, 11:42 AM
My Charlie (now @ Rainbow Bridge) was a very good alarm cat. One time, my friend Rachel stayed over and had to get up really early for work. She told me that it was a good thing Charlie woke her up, otherwise she would have been late for a meeting! He even made sure that my guests didn't oversleep!

Now, Elvis and Danny both want their cuddling time in the morning before I get up, but only occasionally do they actually wake me up. Maybe they need a little more time to get used to my schedule! :D

cr7clark
08-23-2001, 12:29 PM
Bo is a furry alarm clock. She begins trampling all over us at 5:15 AM every morning, and if we don't get up and feed her she'll start head-butting and licking bare arms and legs. If this doesn't work, she will give love nips...then we usually get up and feed her ornery butt! :eek: Her schedule is the same regardless of the day of week or season.

catwoman
08-23-2001, 12:37 PM
Weezie uses the "meow until she surrenders" method! :mad:

NoahsMommy
08-23-2001, 05:56 PM
My furry alarm cat is starting to maul me in the mornings... :( This morning I awoke to him playing with my hair. I just cut it, so it falls close to my face and he was dangerously close to my eyes..I couldn't get him away fast enough and he cut my eyelid!! It hurt so much I was crying! :(

I can't believe my 3 month old kitten can beat me up!! :rolleyes:

wolflady
08-23-2001, 07:29 PM
Boy, can I ever relate to this problem!! LOL LOL Marius is definitely a morning sleep disturbance. It's our fault, because my husband feeds the cats their 1st small morning scoop before he leaves for work (5:45am). Then, I feed them the rest of their morning scoop before I leave. Needless to say...the weekends are disturbed by my Marius jumping on the bed (he always makes it a point to jump up on my pillow and get his paws tangled in my hair). Then he starts purring really loudly and kneading the pillows. We try to ignore him, but finally I'm awake enough that I just have to feed him to get him out of my hair (literally!) LOL LOL I think the cat has ME trained! LOL :rolleyes:

margaret
08-24-2001, 07:02 AM
Great stories, everyone! My first cat, Saima, leaves it up to my second cat, Miko, to make sure I get up in the morning. I usually DO set my alarm clock no matter what, and when it goes off (I have it tuned to National Public Radio), Miko IMMEDIATELY jumps up onto my dresser where the clock is and starts pushing it around. If I don't get up right away, then she'll start knocking stuff OFF of my dresser (mucho annoying to this human). I'm pretty messy and I have all sorts of papers and jewelry and little boxes all over the top of my dresser--if I don't get up, EVERYTHING ends up on the floor (and sometimes rolls underneath the dresser, the bed).

You'd think I'd learn to keep the dresser-top tidy and clutter-free! Maybe I'll finally do some cleaning this weekend... :D

Cats. You gotta love 'em.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: margaret ]

AvaJoy
08-25-2001, 09:19 PM
My Lily is very respectful and undemanding; she never ventures beyond the foot of the bed, even though I would welcome her to share my pillow and cuddle next to my head. Lately she has started meowing in the mornings for her drink of water from the bathroom cup. Her Dad started her with that little indulgence! :rolleyes: :)

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: AvaJoy ]

Pam
08-26-2001, 07:09 AM
Farruska, another sound that I don't like to hear early in the morning is my cats playing with the blinds. I guess they are just trying to see outside but it sounds like they are trying to make some kind of musical instrument out of them. This of course takes place as soon as they hear the birds chirping which can be as early as daylight! :(

Logan
08-27-2001, 12:24 PM
LOL! Pam, that comment about the blinds sounds just like Butter! Butter usually chooses to spend his nights outside, which suits me fine. It is easier than having two cats indoors at the same time...as Mimi can't stand him yet. Anyway, on the rare occasion that she decides to stay "out" and he ends up indoors, it never fails, between 4 and 5, he has had enough and starts playing with the blinds! I have had to move every indoor plant away, just to make sure he doesn't tip them over (learned that one the hard way several times :eek: :).

Before there was Butter, if Mimi heard the alarm go off, it didn't matter if I hit "snooze", to her it meant "TIME TO GET UP, MOM" and she would make her biscuits relentlessly on my neck to make sure I didn't lie there too long!

dayzeez
08-29-2001, 04:52 PM
My Rylee seems to know what the alarm clock is for because if I don't get up when it goes off he will bug me till I get up. And who likes a Siamese bugging them about something? :eek:

I_love_cats
06-08-2002, 09:51 PM
Yes I have a alarm kitty. He would meow every morning around 4:30am, he is fed before we go to bed and when my mother gets up, she feed him. What else he would do to try to get me up is he would jump on my meow in my face and sniff my face and he would do bread on my stomach. I try to ignore him but it is really hard but he stop when somebody gets up.

tuxluvr
06-09-2002, 09:22 AM
See another thread in Cat Behavior I started before readint his one

It is
"Ahem, you forgot to feed me"

Ritz is also up and about the same time every morning....about 4:30-5am (or sunup, depending on time of year). Our bed is next to a window and she likes to see the activities, which often means waking up to a cat butt in your face. :rolleyes: :eek:

wayne0214
06-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Of my indoor 13, Tiger is the only one who demands that I get up and feed her. And this is often as early as 2 AM, It depends whether I am asleep or not. If I am awake, but trying to "fake it" to keep Tiger quiet, well, I can forget it! She knows!:D She has a set procedure to get me out of bed. First, she will walk on me, then she will start rattling the coathangers, and jumping on the bed from 4 ft high. She even stated to rattle the exposed bed springs and caused a "twanging sound" to eminate from within the box springs.! :D . And these attacks are not haphazard, but one after another. I know that all this sounds funny, and in a way it is, but at 1 to 2 AM? So, I have to get up and feed her because of her special dietary requirements. But I can forget about feeding only one of them because then all the kittens want to be fed also, and not to mention the other 12 as well. So, I might just as well get up and begin the day extra early and then hit the sack about 6 PM that same evening;) I do keep hot water ready to make my morning cup of coffee, or two.:D

Tiger is also the only one who watches me eat. She will lay beside me in a sphinx form, and wait until I am done. Then, I give her what is left over. She has done this ever since I first brought her home with me last October. If I am eating something that she particularly likes, such as spicy hot barbequed chicken, sometimes I have to eat my meal on the "run" in order to keep her away. She honestly tries to watch her manners, but her cat nature get the best of her:D But I wouldn't trade my tiger for anything, even though she rules the house especially when I am in it.

.......wayne