PDA

View Full Version : Name the blind kitty! (Ocular)...

catcrazylady
04-22-2004, 02:39 PM
As of right now, barring any unforeseen disaster...

OCKY IS COMING HOME TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!

Ok, you guys this is officially it! We have to have a new name!!!
Hubby liked Mr. Magoo but I want a few more options that might work depending on his personality.
Let's go people! Put on the thinking caps and lets name that kitty!!! He looks like a little stuffed animal with no eyes! Poor baby.
Keep the prayers going that all will go well with the other kids and Ocky becomes a wonderful new family member. I'm so nervous and so excited all at the same time!

Twink
04-22-2004, 02:45 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! *squeal*

That's so great!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! **BIG HUGS*** for Ockey!! I can't wait to hear all about his homecoming, and to see some more pics! :D :D :D

Names....ooh, I know! You can call him "Justice." 'Cause you know, Justice is blind...har har....

I still like "Ockey." It's cute!

:D :D :D :D

PayItForward
04-22-2004, 02:47 PM
I like Ocky too :D

sirrahved
04-22-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm a fan of Ocky, too. It just seems to fit, you know?

Uabassoon
04-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Yay! Congrats to him for finding a home! I also really like the name Mr. Magoo!

K & L
04-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Wa Hoo...I don't like Ocky cause it sounds too much like Yucky! I do like Mr. Magoo! I'll put my thinking cap on.

catnapper
04-22-2004, 02:57 PM
I like the Justice concept! Ocky is... hokey. :)

How about Braille?

Keeping fingers and paws crossed that he comes home with you tomorrow night!

RICHARD
04-22-2004, 03:01 PM
The obvious...

BK, BeeKay (blind kitty) or

Longstreet, named after a blind TV detective or

From mythology..
Argus. A fabulous being of enormous strength, who had a hundred eyes, of which only two were asleep at once, whence he was named Panoptes, or the All-seeing.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Wooo hoooo!!! I've been thinking about you and thinking maybe I missed the big homecoming since I haven't been able to get on lately, but I see I'm right on time!

I like Mr. Magoo too. He looks like a Magoo. ;) :D

But I'll put my thinking cap on too....let me see, you already have a Pervy, a Stubby, a Peanut Butter, a Maggie Sue, a Sammy, a Lucky, a Pete a Pepper Jack and a good ol' Leroy, so what name would fit well with those....hmmm......

Oops, gotta go restart the work computer - again. I'll think about it and get back to you!

Don't forget to charge the camera batteries!!! :D

nibblets
04-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Stevie Wonder... (Stevie for short) since he is such a WONDERful little guy.

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 03:10 PM
My 2 cents worth:D I don't think he should have a name that goes with his blindness, but one that goes with his personality or looks. To me, he looks like a teddy bear and a sweet one at that...the names rolling through my head are along the lines of PoohBear, Bear, Muffin, Kissyface, Cupcake, Hugabear...:D I am a bit partial to Kissyface, after hearing about the nice kiss he gave you!!! XXXXX

PS I do like "Magoo", too

guster girl
04-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I like Ocky! :) I just think Ocular is way cool, and, so original. BUt, as far as blind people go, I think Claude or Monet would be super, too. ;) I especially like Monet.

Kirsten
04-22-2004, 03:19 PM
I like Monet, too... :)

But actually I agree with sirrahbed and wouldn't name him after his blindness.

I'm happy for him that he's coming home with you now! Good luck! :)

Kirsten

sirrahved
04-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Okay, if you can't decide, just let one of the other kitties name him! That's what we did with Pickles. And can you see Pickles as anything but? Marsha did a good job, IMHO.

Twink
04-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
My 2 cents worth:D I don't think he should have a name that goes with his blindness, but one that goes with his personality or looks. To me, he looks like a teddy bear and a sweet one at that...the names rolling through my head are along the lines of PoohBear, Bear, Muffin, Kissyface, Cupcake, Hugabear...:D I am a bit partial to Kissyface, after hearing about the nice kiss he gave you!!! XXXXX

Yeah, but could YOU name a cat Kissyface and introduce him to other people as such? I really wanted to name Rizzo after the huge, shaggy, Muppet-eating, fly-attracting monster Muppet. But every time I thought of myself saying, "This is my cat, Sweetums." I wanted to throw myself off a bridge. :rolleyes:

You've got a good train of thought going there, though. PoohBear had actually occurred to me. And, for some reason, Paddington! He must look bearish, in a cuddly sort of way.

RICHARD
04-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Ocular Kitty.....

How's about OK?

Now that he is going to a new home, he's gonna be OK!
:D

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Twink
And, for some reason, Paddington! He must look bearish, in a cuddly sort of way.

PADDINGTON!!!! I could see that bear in my mind but could NOT remember his name !! THANKS!!! Great name!!!

but I still like Kissyface, too :p Everyone thinks I am quirky anyway so who cares??:rolleyes:

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Ocular Kitty.....

How's about OK?

This is my kitty, "OK"

Oh, OK

No, his name is OK

OK, fine

NO, just OK

Just OK?

NO! NO! OK!!!

Geez-you don't have to get made about it, OK?

OK...

sirrahved
04-22-2004, 03:38 PM

doesn't his lack of eyes have something to do with his looks? lol

catnapper
04-22-2004, 03:42 PM
This is my kitty, "OK"

Oh, OK

No, his name is OK

OK, fine

NO, just OK

Just OK?

NO! NO! OK!!!

Geez-you don't have to get made about it, OK?

OK...

ROTFLMAO!!! Who's Laurel and who's Hardy?

neko1
04-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Awww kissyface is a cute name!:)

catland
04-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Name suggestions:

Carl
Mr. Peabody
Jack

:)

jazzcat
04-22-2004, 04:14 PM
I think Magoo is cute but I do believe they've hit on something with Paddington. He does look like a teddy bear just like my Ripley.

Again, there is a ring to Maggie Sue and Mr. Magoo...:D

RedHedd
04-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
ROTFLMAO!!! Who's Laurel and who's Hardy? Who's on first?

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Who's on first?

Isn't that Abbott & Costello??:D :D
Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...

AbbyMom
04-22-2004, 07:42 PM
How about Lucky? Since you're both lucky to have each other?;)

catcrazylady
04-22-2004, 08:05 PM
ROFLMAO!! You guys are killing me!!!
Sirrahbed and Richard...knock it off!!! This is serious business you two!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif :D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I'm thinking about all the suggestions and so far I like them all. Paddington is really cute! It seems like such a long name and I know I would shorten it into Paddy and that sounds like a girl. I haven't given up on that yet though.
Keep the names coming you guys!!!

Sirrahbed I love you to death but there is no way I'm going to name a male cat in my house Kissyface!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2004, 08:07 PM
AWWWWWW

Im so glad you are getting to take "Ocky" I am terrible with names but i think he should get a soft sensitive type name that sounds sweet when people say it.....:)

however i am sooooooo excited for you

*POST SOME PICTURES* AND KEEP US UPDATED!!*

guster girl
04-22-2004, 08:13 PM
I still like Monet, but, Paddington is really nice, too! I'm not a big fan of cutesy names, so, kissyface makes my skin crawl! ha ha, but, let us know when you've decided! :)

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady

Sirrahbed I love you to death but there is no way I'm going to name a male cat in my house Kissyface!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

*POUT*

Well...when I was little... there was this syrup I liked to use and there was a cute bear on the front...and the syrup was called......Bosco!
Did you ever hear of Bosco? That would be a cute name:D
I still like Kissyface :p
...followed by Magoo and Stevie Wonder

moosmom
04-22-2004, 09:13 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Welcome home sweet boy!

I love the name Magoo!! How about naming him Oakey? Not short for Ocular. But Oakey.

I am SO glad you're giving him a wonderful home. By now I'm sure the two of you have bonded.

Have a wonderful life, Mr. Man. You certainly deserve it!!!

Grace
04-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Another vote here for Magoo. Whatever you name him - he's one lucky fellow.

rg_girlca
04-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Oh I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes. I hope and pray that all goes well in time and Ocky/Mr. Magoo/Paddington or whatever name you decide on, enjoys his new forever home.
Can't wait to see more pictures of this precious boy.

Craftlady
04-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Congrats!!!!! I vote for Magoo. :)

moosmom
04-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Cool!!! Magoo, WELCOME HOME!!!

tuxluvr
04-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Bluff

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Ocky will be coming home with you.:) I also like the name Mr. Magoo. You could also name him Teddy or Ted for short since he looks like a Teddy Bear.:)

slick
04-22-2004, 11:20 PM
I like either Stevie or Magoo.

BTW: Congrats for giving this special kitty a loving home.

catmandu
04-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Personally I would be honore if you would call him Scrappy , afeter one of the nicest Cats , My RB Angel Mr. Scrappy. But Ocular is nice , as well!

sasvermont
04-23-2004, 09:41 AM
I had a cat named Mr. Ted.....as in Teddy Bear....because he was one.....a big Teddy Bear....so I vote for the name Bear. It makes him sound as though he is so bold and confident! He will need to be, to get along with the others!

So I vote for Bear.

SAS

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-23-2004, 02:25 PM
How about :

Issay ( African - means Hairy)

HUSLU (native American - Means Hairy Bear)

Caesar - long haired.

I like Huslu - it's a very unusual name for a very unusual kittie!!!

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm voting for Magoo! Like they say...you've done it again Magoo. We had a cat named "Y" for 18 years. He was an indoor/outdoor cat (safe area) and when I'd call him in....well I got some odd looks from the neighbors to say the least! :D :rolleyes: :D He was named "Y" for the perfect letter Y on his chest!

RedHedd
04-23-2004, 04:03 PM
I like Ocky-Magoo! Just has a nice sing-songy sound to it ... :p

Randi
04-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
I like Ocky-Magoo! Just has a nice sing-songy sound to it ... :p
I like it too! :)

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Ocky
Paddington
Magoo

OPM........Opium????

Why?

Because we are all 'hooked' on him!!:D

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2004, 08:02 PM
It takes a creative (maybe pickled) mind to think up that one Richard!:D I know I'm hooked on the tyke.

krazyaboutkatz
04-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I had a cat named Mr. Ted.....as in Teddy Bear....because he was one.....a big Teddy Bear....so I vote for the name Bear. It makes him sound as though he is so bold and confident! He will need to be, to get along with the others!

So I vote for Bear.

SAS I like this idea for a name too.:)

carole
04-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I was going to suggest Stevie too, so that is my pick, I also think Bluff is pretty cute too..

davidpizzica
04-26-2004, 09:59 AM
I say one vote for MR. MAGOO! Whatever his name is going to be, I'm glad he's getting a great forever home!!!