PDA

View Full Version : Bathing facilities for multiple dogs

robinh
04-22-2004, 10:04 AM
For those of you who have multiple small dogs, what type of equipment do you use for bathing the critters.

I've been doing all of mine in the bathtub, but it's killing my back. Especially since Max has to be bathed twice a week. He's way too big for the kitchen sink and I can't seem to stand on my knees beside the tub, so I end up bent in half scrubbing the little guy down.

We're in the process of trying to fix up an area in the downstairs partially finished bathroom for me to use and I'm trying to get ideas on an inexpensive way to do this.

DogLover9501
04-22-2004, 10:11 AM
I use the bathtub, but my back is fine :p

But my mom who has a bad back, when she bathes them, she uses the kitchen sink(for the smaller 2), she doesn't bath Jasper.

Things that are also good are those ummmm laundry tubs?? Or something that my cousins use for their collie, not sure what theyre called, like big square sinks, and its up high so they don't have to stoop down

Logan
04-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I am so ready for an outdoor bath/shower that I could scream!!!! :p I keep thinking of a great place, with hot water that I could easily bathe the dogs, plus myself, summer or winter (obviously, I would probably not be bathing myself in the winter months, outdoors). I keep thinking of my visit to Massachusetts and how everyone had an outdoor shower. Why can't I do this in SC, which has much milder winters, and make it adaptable for my pets and myself?? We just need to get our heads together and figure it out and find the $$$ to do it, I guess.

Right now, in the winter, our dogs just don't get bathed unless we send them to the groomers (sort of expensive with 4 of them), or they get a cold water bath on a warm day, if totally necessary.

I'll be looking forward to answers on this one! :)

wolfie
04-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I keep thinking of my visit to Massachusetts and how everyone had an outdoor shower.

Actually we just have them in beach houses. :) But it does seem like a good idea for places where it's warm year round.

And for washing dogs, I think one of those big utility sinks would be good (like what DogLover9501 described). I think that's what dog groomers use...

robinh
04-22-2004, 11:18 AM
I've looked at the washtub type sinks, but they just aren't quite big enough for mine. We're debating getting a one-piece shower/tub unit and setting it up high enough (with box built underneath). Just looking for the most economical way to get what I need.

I looked at one tub on-line and got quoted a price of $1450 plus about $200 shipping. YIKES!!