PDA

View Full Version : Sharing tender moments.......

gini
12-27-2001, 11:29 AM
I just posted on the Pet Poll about a tender moment I had with Mr. Magic (Rainbow Bridge) and it made me think that all of us must have some very special stories we could share.

I have had so many wonderful moments with all of my cats. These moments have always brought out the best in me and I am grateful for all of them.

NoahsMommy
12-27-2001, 04:20 PM
We were just talking at lunch about how much of an impact animals have on our lives. While I have only had my furbabies for six months, it seems to me like most moments are tender. When Noah and Noel cuddled up to me last night while we watched TV in bed, they kept me so warm (inside too!). Its the little things, like waiting for me at the door when I come home or sitting on my feet while I am using "my litter box" ;) . Even having them be my shadow everywhere I go...it really shows they care. Such sweet things! You'de never know that before we got Noah, I hated cats, would you?? :o

Cougie Wechsler
12-27-2001, 04:58 PM
The moments that I always remember are the times I have been down and my babies knowing it. They often come and sit next to me, giving me reassuring love. This is what makes them so much more than pets! They are just wonderful friends!

Former User
12-28-2001, 11:27 AM
Like Noahs Mommy said, it's those moments while watching tv and they curl up in your arms and just are cute. And when we come home from being out, they are so cute, rub themselves against our legs, purr etc. And in the morning they seem to be glad that we got up, they are so affecionate.

Pam
12-30-2001, 05:24 AM
There is nothing like a purring kitty in your lap to make the worries of the world go away! It is the best medicine for any type of ailment! :)

tuxluvr
12-30-2001, 07:17 AM
When Ritz is in the mood to be held, she walks up to you and stands up with her front paws above her head...."pick me up mom"...then cuddles in close to my neck and purrs....it is therapy for me, honestly!

C.C.'s Mom
01-04-2002, 08:52 AM
What warms my heart is when I see Rudie sprinting out of the terrace doors, into the sun like a little butterfly, happiest of all cats I've ever seen. And I know he's so happy to be with us after those first horrible 3 years of his life, when he waits at the same doors again 5 minutes later, screaming to be picked up and cuddled for the rest of the day.
Eddy is of course just as special, the way she lets the dog lick her all the time, never complaining and just always being there where I am.

I love my cats so much, couldn't live without them. I'm often tired of cleaning up after them, but when they look at me with their pretty faces, my heart melts simply away.

NoahsMommy
01-04-2002, 09:38 AM
Our new kitty, Noel is really vocal. When she wants anything, she meows constantly. Usually she wants food or to be held and cuddled. So, I put her paws on my shoulder and sway with her. She purrs and loves it. Well, Noah see's this and gets jealous, so recently he will stare at me for a few minutes and then when I am nealing or sitting on the floor, will jump up on me so he can cuddle too! It melts my heart when he does that, it is so sweet that he wants me to love and cuddle him. :)

wayne0214
01-09-2002, 08:42 AM
Pam, I think you have got the right idea concerning pet cats as "therapy". When you hurt somewhere, maybe in your legs, pick up your most affectionate furkid and place him/her on the distressful place, and see if you do not get immediate relief! I know that when I get a headache that I can bury my head into my Princess, Jumper, or Snow Cat's tummy, after picking them up and laying them in my arms, and get a sense of relief.

............wayne

purrley
01-09-2002, 08:46 AM
Ditto to it all - my cats are the best medicine when I'm hurting inside and outside. Even on a dark, dark day, the sun always shines in the faces of my sweeties (all 5 of them)!!!!

yumyum6970
01-09-2002, 10:05 AM
The weekend before Christmas my uncle died and it was on a sunday morning. My mom called me and told me about it. So we decided we would go home to be with the family. While I was sitting on the sofa waiting for my husband to get ready Dutchess our oldest cat apparantely sensed something was wrong and climed on my lap and just layed there comfronting me. She hardly ever sits on my lap.

wayne0214
01-10-2002, 09:18 AM
They inherently know when something is not emotionally right with us. Although I seldom get emotionally down, when, on a rare occasion, I do, my furkids come to me with reassuring companionship. They are better than people about that.

...........wayne

casmeows
01-25-2002, 11:33 PM
October 16th, 2001, my handsome boy, 12 yr old Wilbur, went to the Rainbow Bridge. That very afternoon, Indy, my bratty 9 yr old "bad boy" - who had NEVER curled up next to me in all his 9 yrs - actually curled up next to me when I went to lay down. I just couldn't get over it - from that day on, he became Mr. Affectionate(of course when HE wanted to be). He has been lovey ever since that day - almost taking over for my baby Wil.

I often wonder if he was jealous of Wil, which is why he may have been standoffish? Wil was and will always be our beautiful baby, who had cancer, but who lasted 15 months after the diagnosis - without chemo. The excellent vet we have, plus our constant love and attention, gave him his last months of quality living.

Somehow, Indy knew when he had left us for good. It'll always be amazing to me.

Pam
01-26-2002, 07:33 AM
These stories are heartwarming! I often wonder just what goes on inside their precious little heads. Just because they can't talk to us doesn't mean they aren't communicating. Sometimes when I look into my cats' eyes I just know they understand!

Noah's Mommy, before Trevor came into my life 8 years ago, I too wondered what people saw in cats. He changed me completely! Now I know I will never be without a cat in my life!