PDA

View Full Version : Where does your kitty (or kitties) sleep?

NoahsMommy
08-21-2001, 01:51 PM
Noah sleeps on our bed and on the couch. When we are home, he sleeps by the sliding glass door between the verticle blinds, or on the chairs at our kitchen table.

At night time, he snuggles with me as close as he can get. "Noah, there is no more room!"
:rolleyes:

So, where do your cuties sleep?

Mila's Mommy
08-21-2001, 02:12 PM
Over my head, but not on my head. Let me explain.

I sleep with two pillows, usually one on top of the other. Mila has put a stop to this. :rolleyes:

The pillows are now separate. One lies against the headboard and the other lies next to it, further down the bed. Mila lies on the one against the headboard and I lie on the second one.

Good thing I am short, because this pushes me about a foot down the bed. ;)

Every now and then Mila will lean over her pillow onto mine and lick my face. She really like my eyelashes. :D

Pretty scary way to wake up, with a cat hanging over your head licking your eyeball! :eek:

NoahsMommy
08-21-2001, 02:15 PM
That is SO cute!! Mila sounds like such a sweetie! What does she look like?

catwoman
08-21-2001, 03:02 PM
Good for Mila ... commandeering her very own pillow!

My girls sleep on either side on my head, about the ears ... with their paws on my hair. I refer to them as my "kitty earmuffs." They, like Noah, cannot seem to get close enough!

Catwoman

cr7clark
08-21-2001, 03:07 PM
Bo's sleeping habits change with the seasons. In warm weather, she likes to sleep on her fluffy window perch, probably because she's too warm for the bed. But when it's cold, she gets as close to me as she can, usually in the crook of my legs or right on top of my feet. Bo especially likes it when I have the electric blanket on. :)

AngieS
08-21-2001, 07:49 PM
Kitti's favorite place to sleep during the day is in the window. we have a big window in our living room and it has a wide ledge. At night she sleeps in bed with me,my husband and Olli (boxer puppy). Sometimes she even gets under the covers for a little bit. :D

AmberLee
08-21-2001, 08:43 PM
Anywhere they want to???

Livvy usually takes up a corner of the bed at the foot then wanders off in the middle of the night. Sometimes in route to the bathroom I find her in the top of the cat tree or in the laundry basket or in the cat carrier, also known as the "cat cave".

Cassy is more diverse. At some point in the night he sleeps on top of the covers over my legs. Frequently he goes under the covers elsewhere in the bed. At some point every night he curls up in my right armpit. (It seems really weird to me that it's never my left armpit, always the right. Maybe I apply deodorant more thoroughly there (less thoroughly there???) :eek: ) When he's not there, he might be anywhere.

Apparently we are all fairly mobile/active at night...

AL and the fur-kids

Helen
08-22-2001, 04:55 AM
Ssdie generally likes to sleep with us for most of the night, wedged firmly between us. She does have a wander round the house occasionally, and a quick bite to eat, if she gets disturbed by an inconsiderate person turning over too roughly, but usually comes back to us fairly quickly. She takes her role as constant companion very seriously!

Gio
08-22-2001, 11:08 AM
Prema sleeps with me, she goes to bed when I go and usually she does not move until I get up. Due to serious health problems, my parent have to live in my apartment for long stretches of time and Maya, the little traitor, got really attached to my mother and will sleep in their room. Gigio used to take turns but over the past couple of weeks has taken permanent residence on the balcony (it's a sort of terraced one so if it rains it stays dry), he has been in the house only once since.

That's at night, during the day they sleep wherever the feel like it, one of Prema prefers my bed when the weather is bad, or in a basket or even better in the plant pots on the balcony when the weather is nice. :D

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: Gio ]

thelmalu99
08-22-2001, 02:31 PM
Elvis likes to sleep at the foot of my bed and Danny likes to be at the top. Danny likes to be near me, but not snuggled up next to me. Elvis likes to snuggle up and will often lie down on top of me. Sometimes, though, they will leave in the middle of the night and go somewhere else, usually to the living room to fight with each other. :mad:

They both like to jump into bed with me and watch old All in the Family and The Jeffersons reruns on Nick at Night until we all fall asleep. :D
They also thoroughly enjoy Politically Incorrect . :D :D

Hbrika
08-22-2001, 03:09 PM
Tummy sleeps with me. He usually curls up in my arm but sometimes crawls under the back of my neck. He purrs like a jet motor :)

Suess takes her very own bed in the guest room or she sleeps on a comfy office chair in a closet when she likes to be alone.

Once in a blue moon she will sleep with Tummy and I and then snores ;>

AvaJoy
08-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Lily sleeps at the foot of the bed, and has never ventured up to the pillow . . . much to my chagrin. :( I would like nothing more than to have her cuddle next to my head, and I envy those furparents lucky enough to enjoy such comforting slumber. She also likes to sleep at the top of her cat tree. She never uses the lower perches except as a stairway to the top! Since her cat tree and litter box are at total opposite ends of the house from the bedroom, I have now put another litter box in the bedroom for her convenience as she is elderly, and to encourage her to sleep on the bed all night.

tmckay
08-29-2001, 03:33 PM
Mir sleeps on my pillow above my head and Otie sleeps down at the bottom of the bed.

I_love_cats
06-08-2002, 12:32 AM
None of my cats sleep with me becuase they sleep all night and are awake up in the morning. Well Sabrina does sleep in my brothers room on the shelf. I guess the other cats sleep else where but sometimes Joey would sleep on the end of th bed for a little while.

Kat Kommando
06-08-2002, 10:57 AM
My cats sleep in bed or next to it. They fight for the best seats! :D

wayne0214
06-08-2002, 01:30 PM
The youngest kittens will sleep on the floor with their moms, while the others sleep up higher, on a table or in their window boxes. The more intimate furkids will sleep with me on the bed covers. They lay against me as close as they can, which makes it difficult to move around, especially if I have a restless night. Generally, those that take bed positions are; Amy, Snow cat, Princess, Fawn, Tiger, Silver Prince, and Ophelia (sometimes).:)

..........wayne

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2002, 08:02 PM
During the day they sleep anywhere they want to as long as it's not in my roommate's room or bathroom. At night they usually start out sleeping in their beds and then Storm will usually sleep on the foot of the bed. When he wants to cuddle he'll get in between my arm and body. Sunny will also eventually curl up next to my legs. Pepper usually stays in his bed or near it but will sometimes sleep on the foot of the bed too.

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Here's a picture of them in their beds. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p403eccd7441e7ff6b8aebc6283b869b4/fdbed615.jpg

AmberLee
06-08-2002, 11:52 PM
KAK! Your fur-babies are so photogenic. I just adore that shot with each of them in their own little paper box bed! Sooooo cute!

catland
06-11-2002, 12:02 AM
Where do my kitties sleep? It depends in part, on the time of day. If it is the daytime, then Quincy is in his catbed on the dresser. At the same time, his brother Joxer - who hates cat beds, will be sleeping on our bed. Unless, of course, Joxer decides he'd rather sleep on top of a display case in the spare bedroom, when he isn't sleeping on the couch - on the left side.

During that time, their mom, Jan, might be sleeping in her cat bed in the laundry room, or on top of the couch, looking out the front window. That is, if Quincy hasn't beaten her to her cat bed, because he like to sleep there too, even though he is too big for it and I remind him of that constantly.

The oldest, Sidney, sometimes also likes to sleep on our bed, but he perfers that we lay a bath towel on the foot of the bed for him to sleep on.

In other words, they are all a bunch of unpredictable nuts and I love all of them, no matter where I find them.

Fuzzy317
06-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Usually at least 2 of our cats sleep at the foot of our bed. They seem to take turns, sometimes its Rosie and Twidgit, sometimes Twidgit and Ashton. The odd one out sleeps in our son's room. Jackson usually sleeps under a daybed we have in the Cat's Room (we have a spare room as the Cat's Room, no dogs allowed, and humans only allowed for food, water, or litter box duties). :D

emily_the_spoiled
06-11-2002, 07:13 AM
My kitty sleeps anywhere she wants at any time she wants. Since it has turned really really warm here:cool: she has taken to sleeping in front of the air conditioning vent or on the tile since almost every place else is too warm.

At night she follows me into bed and makes herelf right at home. She usually starts off on one of the pillos but gradually moves down the bed throughout the night and ends up tucked into my back right around my waist. Although I have discovered that if I sleep in too late in the morning she will come and sit on top of my chest to wake me up for food. Nothing like being a little spoiled :D :D

NoahsMommy
06-11-2002, 06:11 PM
How fun, I made this post almost a year ago..its cool to see it come back! :)

Since we got Noah (and my last post on this thread) he now sleeps above my head on my pillow. It is the cutest thing...he puts his head on my forehead or face and places a paw on or around my chin. :)

We also have a new addition since last August....Noel! She likes to sleep on my legs or against them at night...my poor hubby, I wonder what he thinks about my new sleeping partners! :p

Here's a picture of them in the hallway...they are watching us clean... :)

BTW: Noah is larger than Noel.

wulla
06-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Well, this is my first post - and an easy one to answer, so I think I'll give it a shot. Both Eddy and Emma sleep on my bed with me. During the day, Eddy sleeps UNDER the bed whilst Emma likes to curl her body inside mine, mimicking whatever position I'm in.

During the night, Eddy sleeps at the top of the bed, closer to me, I suppose to put the new-comer Emma (er, it's been two years but cats sure do hold a grudge!) in her place. :) I have to put a plastic grocery bag on the side of the bed for her to sleep. Emma sleeps at the bottom of the bed - sometimes she'll curl up on my feet.

Eek. I've written a whole novel on how my kitties sleep! I'd better save the rest for edition 2. ;)

AmberLee
06-13-2002, 11:10 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Wulla. Emma and Eddy sound delightful. I look forward to getting to know you all.

06-14-2002, 02:32 AM
:rolleyes: sleeping ???? haha , mostly yes .... lol !
During the day , Sydney sleeps on his cat tree or on a part of the couch covered with his blue blacket !
In the evening , he goes to a seperate room because there is no alarm there . He sleeps on top of an old cupboard in a large cat basket , all filled with cushions (at least 4 !!!!!) .
Every morning , my husband or daughter brings him into my bed for a cuddle session !!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

rg_girlca
06-15-2002, 01:34 PM
My Katie girl, during the day sleeps wherever she feels like it, but when i get home from work and sit down to relax she is right there with me. When i lie down it depends on the position i am in.
If i'm lying on my back, Katie is lying on my chest with her paws around my neck. If i lie on my side, she is lying near my chest. If i'm on my tummy, she lies between my legs. I have never had a cat like her who is so affectionate and always has to be on you.
And talk, my goodness she never shuts up, unless she is sleeping.

SylviArt
06-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Hi it's SYLVI - the Cat Artist -

I have a question for anyone who can help. I know how to upload pics from my documents but how do I make an image pop up in my sig or in my post likes so many of you are doing.

I don't know a URL to most of these images. I also have images on my website but don't know a URL to them as there are several on a page. Is that something my webmaster would know?

I see AvaJoy has it down!

Thanks so much!
SYLVI

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AvaJoy
[B]Lily sleeps at the foot of the bed, and has never ventured up to the pillow . . . much to my chagrin.

Attached: SUNRISE KITTY © SylviArt.com

todd
06-15-2002, 08:42 PM
ON MY BAD OR HER or her theramal cat cushion. her name is angel:)

Uabassoon
06-18-2002, 02:58 AM
My cat corkscrew loves sleeping on a brown paper bag. I tried removing it from my bedroom once and he got very upset with me. I have now learned to live with the brown paper bag in my room, we even named it "Bag".