PDA

View Full Version : Just Say No!!!!

RICHARD
04-21-2004, 08:51 PM
It's with a very heavy heart that I have to say that Edward D Katz has been sent to a rehab clinic.

It's a heartbreaking story......everyone is a victim in this story and it will be a while before my heart will mend.

Let me begin....

Last year, at the LA BBQ I was given some gifts for the Edster....balls, mice, wonder cat stuff and a baggie of Cosmic CatNip. The items were placed in a bag with my name on it but
no one had the guts to sign their name.....

I took the bag home and a few months ago it mysteriously disappeared...

Only to appear again two days ago.....I walked in on Eddie and he was loving things in a corner where he usually does not hang out....

Then I noticed the CCN, on the floor with teeth marks all across the bag. At that point my suspicions were confirmed......Ed was NIPPING!!!!

As opposed to doing the 'cold turkey' approach, I decided to wean him from clutches of his terrible vice...

I gave him a pinch and went about my business....

Today,
The bag was back at the same place.......More teeth marks in evidence.... I placed another pinch in his treat dish and sat down to catch the news.....

A few seconds later I managed to look down at my feet and saw that he had gone BACK TO THE BAG.......he pulled it off the shelf and with a shake of the head ( a shake that would make any man eating shark smile) managed to eject more than half of the poorly sealed bag across the floor.

The pain in my heart was unbearable.......my cat is hooked... :(

I startled him , then placed him in his outdoor cage while I cleaned up and then tried to make sense of this outburst.

I need your prayers and good thoughts to help us thru this harsh period in our lives.

I will pass on any messages to the Edster and I want the person who gave us that bag of Cosmic Catnip to know that you have succeeded in ruining another cat's 9 lives.....you must be proud of yourself.....

Please take care of the little ones and don't fall into the same trap that I did....

"Ed, I don't mind if you 'nip' at home....... I just don't want you to over do it........"

Love to all,
Richard and Ed 'the Nip head'.

slick
04-21-2004, 10:24 PM
:D :D :D ROFLMAO!!!!!

Sorry for laughing but Richard, DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!!!

When I read the first line I could feel my tears well up.......then I kept reading. :D

Edster: I'm really not laughing at you at all, it's just the way our Daddy "splains" things; I'm picturing it all as I read. I feel bad for you little one because all that nipping can damage the brain and before you know it it's like a fried egg, just like in the commercials.

Richard, hugs to you and you may want to think about intervention.

Does this mean I can't bring him anything when I come down in July???

gini
04-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Richard, you know what? You are just flat out jealous that Eddie can zone out - legally and you can't.

Leave the guy alone, he knows his limit.

And I noticed that you mentioned that the gift was given at MY BBQ. Hey, I never let catnipped cats drive! In fact, I never let any cats drive regardless of what they have been doing.

Yeah, Toonces - but I was not involved with that. Not my cat, not my show.

Eddie, my heart goes out to you. You are so misunderstood.
Come on over here on Auntie Gini's lap and I will let you drool all over me while I tell you what a great cat you are.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by gini
Richard, you know what? You are just flat out jealous that Eddie can zone out - legally and you can't.

Leave the guy alone, he knows his limit.

And I noticed that you mentioned that the gift was given at MY BBQ. Hey, I never let catnipped cats drive! In fact, I never let any cats drive regardless of what they have been doing.

Yeah, Toonces - but I was not involved with that. Not my cat, not my show.

Eddie, my heart goes out to you. You are so misunderstood.
Come on over here on Auntie Gini's lap and I will let you drool all over me while I tell you what a great cat you are.

*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*

Toonces...:D

I don't know if i have ever laughed so hard... I think besides being hooked on "NIP" the Edster is also slipping into a state of rebellion!..... He was too bold to bring the "NIP" out againg after your obvious dissaprovial.. I think you should seek counseling for him immediatelly!!:D

Barbara
04-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Filou and Tigris say that Europeans play it cooler:cool:

They have got a bag of Cosmic Catnip from there auntie in Chicago and they enjoy it:cool: :D

They would never allow their parents to sent them to rehab- after all they know for themselves what's good for them.

Hi Eddie, Filou here: your dad is way too dominant I tell you:rolleyes:

catnapper
04-22-2004, 07:24 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Oh Eddie! Have you no shame! Never ever HIDE your addiction... put it right out front for the world to see, that way you can be a wild party animal instead of tragic.

Richard, what ARE you going to do with him? It seems that the addiction is far stronger than you had suspected. Do they make Cosmic Catnip patches?

lbaker
04-22-2004, 07:32 AM
He must have renewed his subscription to High Times and is reliving one of his past lives ;) Maybe it's just for medicinal use? Works for me :o

catmandu
04-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Richard , please let me know , where the rehab Clinic is , and I will send over JJJ3 , who is a Whiskas Temptation Holic , and is driving me crazy , looking for Temptations , MMMeeeeooowing For Temptations! He is worse than Ray Milland , in The Lost Weekend!

catlover4ever
04-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Well it took me a minute to get to post this because I had to clear the water that I just spit off the computer monitor. I don't think I have EVER laughed so hard in my life. :D :D :D :D

Richard I too need to know where the clinic is because Smokey is in need and would be great company for the Edster.

RedHedd
04-22-2004, 11:32 AM
LOL! RICHARD, you've done it again! Gotta send the fur-kids to Nippers Anonymous! :D

RICHARD
04-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks to all of you for your concerns and prayers.

Catlover,
Can you drape the monitor with plastic, please??
I don't want you to electrocute yourself.

Catmandu and CL,
The rehab clinic is part of the Betty Ford Rehab clinic..Nippers Anon!!

The rest of you..

High Times, Toonces and Cool Euro cats!!

What a support group!!!

BTW,

Toonces was a 'driving cat' on a comedy show..

The skits were always about Toonces driving a car with humans as passengers.....It would always end with the car going over a cliff..

Very funny stuff!

http://www.wrona.com/toonces.html

check out the pictures!!

I forgot....
CatNapper,

Patch??? He needs the Catnip Quilt!!

RedHedd
04-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Thanks to all of you for your concerns and prayers.
Patch??? He needs the Catnip Quilt!! .... or Niporette gum! :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Richard, I must confess that I was the one that gave you the cosmic catnip. I never thought that he'd become hooked.:eek: I guess some cats just have addictive personalities. At least you caught his addiction in it's early stages.
This year I won't be bringing any more of it to the BBQ so you don't have to worry.;)

RedHedd
04-23-2004, 10:50 AM
KAK! I LOVE your new sig! :D

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Richard, I must confess that I was the one that gave you the cosmic catnip. I never thought that he'd become hooked.:eek: I guess some cats just have addictive personalities. At least you caught his addiction in it's early stages.
This year I won't be bringing any more of it to the BBQ so you don't have to worry.;)

Are you part of the Santa Clara Cartel?;)

Thanks...

Edward is resting comfortably and I'm still finding bits 'o nip all over!

gini
04-23-2004, 03:48 PM
I bet you are right Richard. Tracey "looks" innocent - but you just never know do you?

We will have to keep an eye on her at the BBQ in July.

slick
04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
So does that mean I can't bring him anything????:( :(

momoffuzzyfaces
04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Goodness Richard, have you no cupboards with doors? That Cosmic Catnip is powerful stuff. I keep ours in a cupboard that is paw proof! Of course when I want something else out of that cupboard, I have to move quick! If not paws fly out of nowhere, making a grab for the Cosmic Catnip bag. (I put it in a plastic container finally. It helps keep them from sniffing it before I get the cupboard door open.):D

RICHARD
04-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by gini
I bet you are right Richard. Tracey "looks" innocent - but you just never know do you?

We will have to keep an eye on her at the BBQ in July.

I have forgiven Tracey, How could she know??

Slick,
Yes you can.....and bring along a lawyer, too!;)

MOFF,

lololololol,

And have to put up with Ed sitting in front of the doors- Meow.......MEOW......meow!! MEOW!!!!!!!

I try not to put things in the same place all the time......The Edster know where EVERYTHING is in the house!