PDA

View Full Version : Cats & Dogs

C.C.'s Mom
12-21-2001, 08:33 AM
We have a dog and 2 cats who pretend to not like each other. Yesterday evening I came home after a horrible day at the mall doing my last minute Christmas shoppings, and found all 3 of them on the bed upstairs. It looked like a huge pile of furrrr and paws and a very happy dog.
Today they pretend as if nothing ever happened of course, completely ignoring the other one when they accidentaly meet somewhere in the house (it's snowing so they're not allowed out).

Edwina's Secretary
12-21-2001, 09:38 AM
I loved your little story. My parents recently got a Cavalier puppy. The first time they brought him to my house Edwina the cat "touched noses" with him twice. Both times a look came over her face that said "what am I doing??? He is cute but he's a DOG!" Then she went running.

thelmalu99
12-21-2001, 11:48 AM
My Rainbow Bridge baby, Sydney HATED other cats but loved dogs.
A neighbor once brought his new kitten over to meet him and Sydney hissed and growled at the poor thing and scared the heck out of it. After the kitten left, Sydney kept hissing at the spot on the floor where the kitten had been standing!
When my cousin would bring her dog over, however, it was playtime for Sydney. The two of them would run around together, playing and having a grand old time! They would even nap cuddled up together! Go figure.

purrley
12-21-2001, 12:17 PM
Its strange but everytime I've introduced a new cat to the family I've had a pile of trouble with the existing cats, spitting, hissing and growling at the new one and at each other - when I introduced my new chihuahua baby the cats were fine with her - my Braydee (9 mo old tabby) loves to wrestle with her :D :D

Bobbie
12-21-2001, 02:57 PM
Cam does not like the fact I have taken in my parents dogs. Before I moved away from home Bobbie was my baby and she still acts like it, so Cam becomes very possesive of me and will growl and chase her away from me. Lately I have noticed that Cam is starting to become quite playful with the dogs, Bobbie and him will chase after each other a Cam just loves it. Chester on the other hand is such a baby, he is terrified of Cam and will put his head in the corner to hide from him. :rolleyes:

yorkster
12-24-2001, 05:14 AM
That is funny Thelma, I also have a Rainbow-Bridge cat named Sidney (gray tabby) who hated ALL other cats, but loved our two dogs, one a German Shepherd and a smaller mix.
When I brought home my little girl Liza, he harrassed her for months! Finally he 'allowed' her to be in the kitchen, the dining-room, or the spare bedroom. Never could she be in the living room, bathroom, or most definately not our bedroom.

Now, I too have 2 cats, one dog. They all get along. It took a little while because when I adopted my dog (Scout) last summer, she had never been around cats before. Now she cuddles with one of them, and the other will let her be on the bed with us (no cuddling with that one....yet) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

[ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: yorkster ]