PDA

View Full Version : I am eating my cereal....

sirrahbed
04-21-2004, 07:01 PM
:D OK..I have been reading about kitty rules and manners, etc...I am SO CURIOUS....tell the TRUTH now...

Sirrahsim
04-21-2004, 07:18 PM
a kitty mouth can't possibly be more disgusting than a human mouth, so what's the harm in finishing that bowl of cereal?;) You can't let good fruity pebbles go to waste just because of a little kitty spit:D

Craftlady
04-21-2004, 07:23 PM
We need poll answers that says "doesn't happen at our house" kittys leave the cereal and human food alone. :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-21-2004, 07:38 PM
:rolleyes:

"Kitty" never stole a "SMALL" Taste of ANYthing!

At OUR Howze it's either *GRAB* & Run or

Dip Yur PAW (up to at least the wrist!) & *Lick*

Dad jest *HATES* :mad: tryin to chase his dinner down da hall...
and nebber did like havin to *lick* it back offa da Kat'z paw! :p

We hafta say "Nunna de Above"!

:D

carole
04-21-2004, 08:23 PM
I will be frank here, I would not share my food with my cats, I am not even into sharing drinks with humans etc, maybe i am too fussy, but that is me, however each to their own, its up to you, and I donot judge anyone who does this, your choice.

guster girl
04-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, none of the choices really applied....because regardless of whether anyone was around, I still eat the cereal. But, I don't really offer more to Lock. :) I chose the first one, though.

catnapper
04-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I usually get the paw dunk, no kitty noses slipping in!

All the while, Miss Nicki's drooling waiting for her turn (she gets to lick out the milk from the bottom of the bowl)

RedHedd
04-21-2004, 09:51 PM
OK who hid the camera in my room?

Mishi and I now have a daily routine when I eat my cereal in the morning. He LOVES the soy milk, but it MUST come from meowmie's cereal bowl. I've tried giving him his own little bowl of milk, but NO .... it tastes better when it comes from meowmie's bowl. So he watches me eat and when he thinks I should be done and it's HIS turn, he starts meowing and pawimg and giving me those big, green Mishi googly eyes that make me melt and do anything my big boy wants ... he doesn't like the cereal; he just likes to lap up the last of the milk from the bottom of the bowl. Now I put a little extra milk in to ensure that there will be some left for my big boy. Yes, I know, I've spoiled him and it's MY fault he's the big brat.

Kitty germs? I kiss them all the time, all over ... what's the diff? Besides, I live alone, so I know my "secret" is safe with y'all. :)

NoahsMommy
04-22-2004, 01:49 AM
hee hee, option #1! :D

Although...they have to wait until I'm done to get more. Basie and Hermie always get to have the last bit of milk at the bottom of my cereal bowl.

aly
04-22-2004, 01:59 AM
I voted for this option --- so I keep on happily eating because nobody else saw anyway.

My cats aren't too bad about sneaking a bite of my food in. All Shiloh asks is that she can inspect it from a short distance and maybe get one sniff in. Skylar is never too interested. I have had a foster or two take a nosedive into the cereal though!

Cataholic
04-22-2004, 08:28 AM
Well, my choice wasn't really represented on the poll- Move the spoon and fruit over so Kitty can get to the milk!

I have been trying to increase my milk drinking, so, cereal has been a breakfast of choice lately. EVERY morning, Dakky and Tex and I enjoy some cereal. I try to wait until I am done with the cereal before I offer them the bowl, but, sometimes they are so insistent, it doesn't work.

Like RH...the milk in the cereal bowl is WAY better then the milk in their own bowls..:rolleyes:

But, you should prolly know the rest too...I don't get all freaked out if a cracker falls on the floor (5 second rule), or milk is passed the 'sell by' date...(but, I swear I wash my hands after the LR, before eating/handling food, etc. :D ). Life is too short for such worries...

catmandu
04-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Actually , it has been proven thatyour Cats mouth , is muchcleaner than your , and the Cat wants the milk , not the cereal , anyways !

EssTer
04-22-2004, 09:41 AM
so I keep on happily eating because nobody else saw anyway.
I voted this, because I'd react like this if Buddy would do it.. But Actually Buddy do not touch my food ;)

Randi
04-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Fister is not in the slightest interested in my cereal, so no problem there, but when it comes to solid food, he'd like to share - depending on what it is, and whether it's raw or not. I have caught him a few times on the kitchen counter digging into a steak, so what I do is cut off that piece and show him the floor is his area! Smart kitty! ;)

If he'd been licking milk off my plate, I don't think I'd eat the rest.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2004, 09:44 AM
:o :o :o i was eating icecream yesterday and Tinky IS A MILK FREAK wanted a bite.... so i give her one... and then keep eating... (how could i resist her sweeeeeeeeet little *trying so hard to get a bite* sniffy face!!!?!?!?!!?

Eric would DIE if he knew i did that.... he just doesn't understand ... :rolleyes: :eek:

jazzcat
04-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Milk is not safe at our house with Jazz the Mad Paw Dipper around. Scout is bad too because she will just eat right off your plate if you aren't watching.

I've just learned to pour a little milk on a plate and give it to the girls so I can enjoy mine in peace. Ripley always wants some but one sip and he gets sick.

Logan
04-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Buttercup either gets his own, separate, bowl of milk, or he is forced to wait until Helen has finished her cereal, before he can finish off the milk. But he does beg, and badly!!!! :)

I didn't vote....

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
Eric would DIE if he knew i did that.... he just doesn't understand ... :rolleyes: :eek:

:D :D Same here! I LOVE to gross him out though!!:D :D

Hubby: "Debbie!! Are you letting that CAT eat from your plate??? EWWWW!!!"

Me: "YOU are kissing princess Emily on the belly and she licks her belly - do you know where ELSE she licks???;) "

He is so easy to gross out anyway - Missy and I like to talk about medical things, etc - and he just gets up and leaves the room everytime!!

ramanth
04-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Normally when I'm done with my cereal, I set the bowl with the left over milk on the floor and Zam, Logan, and Kia take turns. :)

But sometimes, Zam or Logan will be impatient and jump up on the table and help themselves. If so, I sometimes let them and share. :)

I used to share my ice cream cones with the cats growing up. :D

RICHARD
04-22-2004, 11:31 AM
I try to catch Eddie BEFORE he lifts his leg and 'grooms' himself....:D

Uabassoon
04-22-2004, 12:42 PM
All my friends are aware that I share food with my kitties. If I'm eating and the kitties want them I always give them a taste as long as it isn't something that is bad for kitties.

sirrahved
04-22-2004, 02:19 PM
My kitties have gotten into the habit of just jumping up on my lap and helping themselves to whatever it is that I happen to be eating.

Today it was my taco. Miss Marsha just jumped up and licked it!

I don't know about the rest of you, but my kitties seem to be addicted to carbs:rolleyes: Whenever I'm eating a sandwich, taco, pita, nan, etc, they think they need a bite!

catcrazylady
04-22-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm lactose intolerant so there is no cereal in my house so I took this poll and used my dinner instead. Normally I have three or four that show interest in people food. (Unless it's chicken and then everyone wants some!) Leroy is my only rude kitty who stands with his head hanging over my plate waiting for me to give him a bite of whatever I'm having. If I take too long then he puts his paw on my plate and pulls himself off a bite! He has also been known to get on the counter, grab a biscuit, steak, piece of chicken, whatever and throw it on the floor for everyone to share. He is the only one that constistantly gets on the counter. I tend to look at it like this...At least he's not selfish and shares with the rest that are staring up at him and waiting for something to drop!
Yes, I will still eat my food after his paw has been there and I also would and have if he helped himself to a bite. Hubby on the other hand...NO WAY!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady

Yes, I will still eat my food after his paw has been there and I also would and have if he helped himself to a bite. Hubby on the other hand...NO WAY!

Well, this poll has been most encouraging. I will happily continue to eat after my kitties and share with them and know I am in good company (I would have anyway:D ) And, I will certainly continue to gross out my manly-man hubby at every chance I get!!!

PS CCL - That IS very nice of Leroy to share. Here - it is Dylan who has the "quick-paw". Turn your head and *WHOOSH* - something is missing off the plate and the others are down there sharing!