PDA

View Full Version : Yay for my stray!

adamjai
04-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Well, I caught the kitty that was having the messy backside problems and gave her a bath and all is well! She was very good, she meowed the entire time but that was it, when she was done I wrapped her in a towel and she started purring almost right away! Right now she's in my bathroom grooming.

I looked her over while I had her down and she looks okay. I don't think this has had long to happen, she's a very clean kitty so she must not have been on her own too long. Her ears are completely clean. I'm gonna keep an eye on her for awhile, but in spite of her being a little messy she really does seem fine. The rest of her was very clean, it was just that back part that had some problems.

Right now my other two kitties are very curious but not hissing--if this keeps up hubby will probably let her stay! Let's hope!:)

K & L
04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
That's wonderful! What a kind and caring person you are. PICTURES??? Please keep us posted and I hope hubby let's her stay.

sirrahbed
04-21-2004, 04:33 PM
What GOOD news!! Good for you and THANK you so much for caring about this girl! She must feel so much better being all clean and comfortable!! ...and to start purring for you to say thank you!!:D Oh! I would LOVE some pictures of her if you are able???

catnapper
04-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Thats great news! What a relief.

Sounds like a new member of the family has already moved in ;)

catcrazylady
04-21-2004, 05:03 PM
GREAT NEWS!!! Thank you for caring for this little girl!! She sounds like a real sweetie!!
I have been so busy at work that I haven't had time to post but I have been keeping up with your story. I'm so happy this has a happy ending. Well, I hope it has a real happy ending with her moving in with you!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
04-22-2004, 09:18 AM
The found Cats and Feeder are so PROUD , of you , that you went out of your way , to help that Poor Little Stray Cat!I ahve always said that Pet Talkers are Great People , and You are The Greatest. A Big Found Cat Salute For You , and the New arrival! Missy , would be A Good Name!MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PayItForward
04-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Just a belated word of warning...keep stray isolate from your own cats until she has got a clear bill of health from the vets including blood tests for Aids and leukimea.

Here is my article on how to introduce a new cat to your home you might fine useful.

http://www.piftails.com/main/articles/general/introducingnewcat.html

adamjai
04-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the article PIF. My mom has always just thrown cats in with each other, and they eventually get along but there's often a lot of fighting for awhile, and I really don't want that.

Right now the only contact has been some sniffing through the screen door. She's not officially going to be an indoor kitty yet, as she still seems to be very happy outside, but I'm hoping once she gets used to seeing my kitties and being around us in the evenings then she'll want to come in, and then we can get her checked out and everything will be fine.

My husband keeps calling her Pooh-Butt (ha ha, I know), so for now she's Winnie. It seems to fit her. Last night was the first time my hubby showed any interest in her, he petted her and I thought it was a good sign that he already gave her a nickname. Should make things way easier when I suggest that she move in!

rg_girlca
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Aww great news. I'm glad you were able to bath her. Congratulations on a job well done.