PDA

View Full Version : that's the ticket and the secret is out!

RICHARD
04-21-2004, 03:15 PM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/1-04152004-283096.html

And then there's..............

http://www.thehometownchannel.com/news/3012387/detail.html

catnapper
04-21-2004, 04:45 PM
PUHLEEEEZE!

When are these frivolous suits end? How many warning labels have to come on something before people think, "hmmm, long trailing gown, open flame, perhaps I should keep the two away from each other."

Cataholic
04-21-2004, 06:01 PM
He he he...bring on the MONEY!

RICHARD
04-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
He he he...bring on the MONEY!

Large unmarked bills???;)

catnapper
04-21-2004, 09:48 PM
You know what? I don't cook... mainly because mages of Mrs. Doubtfire's boobs catching fire flash across my mind... but if everyone's suing over things nowadays, perhaps I could sue Faberware, Whirlpool, Wesson, and anybody else involved in me setting my assets ablaze. :D And while I'm at it, make sure I'm wearing a Victoria Secret's gown. :rolleyes:

iceyshiver21
04-24-2004, 12:50 PM
oh my...somebody wanna place lint on my carpet..so i can sue you?

jonza
04-24-2004, 02:07 PM
We were in England over Easter, and things unfortunately seem to be going in the same direction over there (thank you Tony Blair).

I noticed a story about a 16 year old student who threw a chair at his teacher.

She presumably had the audacity to shout at him.

So his parents are suing the teacher because - wait for it - SHE FRIGHTENED HIM!

What are we to make of this mad world?

Where's the logic, the healthy good old-fashioned common sense?

Where's the idea of having a personal responsibility for your own actions?

Disappeared into a black hole in the name of short sightedness, extremism, and personal greed. Then gently covered with a veil of hypocrisy and lies.

When I was a kid we were brought up to be responsible for our own actions or pay the price. We seem to be evolving into a race of pampered, immature, spoilt brats who want to take but not give.

RICHARD
04-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by jonza

When I was a kid we were brought up to be responsible for our own actions or pay the price.

Learned that about that at the end of my dad's belt.:eek:

moosmom
04-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, ahem, I blame the scum sucking lawyers (no offense Johanna) for taking on such frivilous lawsuits. If they would just turn down crap like that, they wouldn't make it in today's system.

Hence the old saying..."MONEY TALKS!!"

Lady's Human
04-26-2004, 10:02 AM
When I read about these lawsuits, all that comes to mind is a warning from Husqvarna Chain Saws: Do not attempt to stop chain with hands or genitals. Guaranteed they didn't come up with that warning without a lawyer being involved