PDA

View Full Version : Retaliation

prechrswife
04-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Our cats are not allowed on the kitchen counters. At this point, they know this, but that doesn't mean they don't get up there when our backs are turned. Saphirah loves to get on top of the refrigerator, which requires first getting on the kitchen counter. That means that we have to try and keep her off of her refrigerator perch. Today I walked outside for a few minutes and when I came back in, she was on top of the fridge. I picked up the squirt bottle and sprayed her. She got down, and as soon as she made it to the floor, she proceeded to rub the water off of her fur by rubbing all over the legs of my jeans.:rolleyes: :D Later I talked to my husband on the phone and told him what "his" cat had done. We both got a good laugh out of the whole incident!:)

Barbara
04-21-2004, 02:12 PM
I suppose I have given up on that. As long as they don't destroy anything I look away. Or I close the kitchen door before cutting meat and things like that.

25 years ago I also had a cat named Samson .. He was blue-grey, the son of a feral mom who looked like a purebred Russian Blue:)

kimlovescats
04-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Oops, Mom .... did I get you wet???? :D

prechrswife
04-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Or I close the kitchen door

Our kitchen is open, so that won't work. Besides, they really do stay off of the counters most of the time.

25 years ago I also had a cat named Samson

Our Samson is a black longhair and is a complete snuggle-bug.:)

sirrahbed
04-21-2004, 02:32 PM
I guess I am a hopelessly permissive cat meowmy:rolleyes: Either that, or I am extremely nearsighted. I don't see anything:D They go where they darn well please. I gave up rules a l o n g time ago.

catland
04-21-2004, 03:19 PM
We have very obedient cats. They know that they are not allowed on tables or counter tops. They are very good kitties.

which is why for the life of me I can't figure out where those paw prints on the tables come from.;) :D

carole
04-21-2004, 03:25 PM
I guess I am just so darned lucky, my cats are not bench kitties, ash is just too laid back to even bother with the effort of jumping, I have even left cat biscuits in their bowl on top of the bench, because Ash tends to pig out and bring it all up again, and they are still there untouched in the morning, lexie usually stays all night with us, so I imagine she does not go on the benches either.,its just as well as it is one rule I firmly but gently ask them to obey, lucky for me they seem to have no inclination to bother.:) Lexie is looking at me right now, RULES mummy, what are they????:D

PayItForward
04-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by catland
We have very obedient cats. They know that they are not allowed on tables or counter tops. They are very good kitties.

which is why for the life of me I can't figure out where those paw prints on the tables come from.;) :D
ROTFLMAO... I have good cats like yours :D

catnapper
04-21-2004, 03:57 PM

LOL!!! Mine NEVER ever get into my work - at the Expo this weekend, I had a picture I did of Pouncer, when I pulled the frame out of the box, I saw little Pouncer paw prints ALL over the glass. hmmmmm, how did they get there? At least he "signed" his portrait ;)

Too funny! I wouldn't know where to begin with teaching a cat that one. We've always had cats and they always went where they wanted. Funny thing is that my grandmom was a neat freak... yet she let the cats eat off the same plate she was eating on (c'mon people, I know some of you do it too! LOL) Thank goodness my boys don't nibble off my plate as I'm eating!

sirrahbed
04-21-2004, 04:10 PM
ahem....do we remember our kitty manners? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38497&highlight=manners) There is a good deal of blackmail material contained here:D Of course, the ones that look like MY cats are digitally reproduced. Isn't it amazing what one can do with graphics these days??:eek:

catland
04-21-2004, 04:31 PM
thanks for sharing that Sirrabed. I can't believe I missed that thread before - it is hysterical. :D :D

Cataholic
04-21-2004, 05:28 PM
I just don't see the point in having kitties follow rules. I keep them off during the preparation of food (well, if I am preparing it for other people) and that is about it. I eat with Tex sitting or lying on the table! I share a sink with 3-4 cats each morning. I have two cats that love the top of the fridge, who cares? It keeps the dust bunnies to a minimum. I have two cats that drink from my cereal bowl..and guess what? I am healthy, haven't contracted anything weird (well, I did contract toxo, but, not from cats being on the table), make a professional appearance, and am pretty 'normal' in most areas.

I ask why would you bother keeping kitties off the counters/tops when in most cases, we walk in the house with our shoes on...talk about germy, gross, yucky! (and, I presume you don't eat off of your table....as the argument usually follows that "well, sure I walk in the house with shoes, but, I don't eat on the floor").

RedHedd
04-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
... yet she let the cats eat off the same plate she was eating on (c'mon people, I know some of you do it too! LOL) Uh-uh, no way, NEVER happens in my house :rolleyes: ... yeah, right :D

catmandu
04-22-2004, 09:14 AM
With the14 Cats here , it would be a Full time Job , to tall the Cats , where they can go , andI have the feeling , that they would end up , telling me , where to go!

prechrswife
04-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Oops, Mom .... did I get you wet????

Thanks for getting the humor in the whole situation. That was the "Retaliation" that I was referring to. :) (I think the intended point of my story got lost in my background explanation. Oops!)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2004, 12:22 PM

*LOL*LOL*LOL*

sounds so familiar!!...

Tinky and Jupiter are not allowed on the counters or table either... wich baffles me why Eric would be digging in my plant!!:confused:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/pfd23be3bccdb0c7dc25e543dfaf17bfb/fa377426.jpg

prechrswife
04-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Plants? What are those?;)