PDA

View Full Version : Just checking in

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi everybody! :)

I just wanted to check in and let you all know where I've been. My computer at work crashed. I've finally got it back - temporarily - to the point where I can get online. At this point I'm just making sure I have absolutely everything I need backed up, then I will have to wipe everything out by re-installing XP.

Funny thing is, my work stuff maybe takes up 1 GB of hard drive space. However, when I went to back-up my pictures and videos, the pics take up 1.32 GB and the videos are 1.1 GB of space. I have double the amount of personal stuff than I do work stuff on my work computer. I think this is one little tidbit I won't fill the boss in on. ;) :p :D

And I've got a final this week for school, which is why I haven't been able to get on PT at night at home. So hopefully this nightmare will end soon and I'll be back with new pics of T & P, and our new backyard visitors - Mr. & Mrs. Mallard. I'm wondering if we're going to be having little mallards some time soon?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know where I've been. I haven't abandoned PT or anything like that, just dealing with the dreaded computer problems - and learning from them too, rather interesting stuff if you ask me. ;)

I did take time to view Ripley's, Scout's and Rutherford's videos, and they are just adorable and made me smile - which is a bit of a relief after everything I'm dealing with here.

See you all soon!!! I hope :)

sirrahbed
04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
(((((((DEB)))))))
So glad to hear from you - I HAVE missed you!!! Sorry about all the puter troubles - so frustrating I know! I am SO SO dependant on this machine, I go nuts when it is down, even for a few hours:rolleyes: Hope your busy schedule eases up a bit and you can update us on what is new and post more of the babies, etc!

Cinder & Smoke
04-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
... new backyard visitors - Mr. & Mrs. Mallard.
I'm wondering if we're going to be having
little mallards some time soon?

GOOD LUCK on the School Final!! ;)

Do M&M Mallard have a pond in your back yard?

Randi
04-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Debbie, even though I haven't noticed you not being here (I was away too), it's nice to see you! :) :) Sorry about the computer problems, I hope you'll get it all sorted. At least you're learning from it.

If Mr. and Mrs. Mallard get little ones, you MUST post pictures! ;)

All the best of luck with your finals! :)

RedHedd
04-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Just hope it all eases up for you and that you don't quack up on us .... :rolleyes: sorry .... couldn't resist :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Just hope it all eases up for you and that you don't quack up on us .... :rolleyes: sorry .... couldn't resist :D

Ok, who let the comdian in. ;)

Had a few minutes while a CD formatted for backing up so I thought I'd check back in again.

Phred, the only "pond" in the backyard is a birdbath. They do like it though because I have seen the Mrs sitting in it. By the time I got the camera she had jumped out, but now at least I know why the water is so dirty all the time. :rolleyes: I do have a pic of them both resting right next to it, so maybe they see it as a pseudo-pond? It certainly isn't anything to make a nest in/near. I haven't seen any sort of nest, but she sure is spending a lot of time in our backyard. He, on the other hand, must go to work everyday because he's not around nearly as often as she is. ;) And interestingly enough, last year there were two males and one female. Evidently this is the male that won her affections - and now he's out galevanting around town all the time. Men! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Vermontcat
04-21-2004, 09:06 PM
It has been pretty quiet around here without you posting.;)
I hope you get unbusy soon so we can see some new photos of Tubby and Peanut and your duckies!:)
Samantha really misses Tubby even though she recently was visited by a handsome boy kitty in a tux!

catnapper
04-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear from you! I was wondering where you've been hiding!

popcornbird
04-21-2004, 09:52 PM
So THAT'S what happened! I was wondering about you! http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47870

Welcome back! Hope you get your computer problems fixed soon! PT wasn't the same without you! It was QUIET and boring! :D :p

slick
04-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Hello, my friend. Don't worry, I've got your email address so you run but you can't hide!!!!! :D (but then how would that help if you have computer problems????? Duh!!!!)

Thanks for checking in. If you have time, drop by Dick's Place tomorrow. There will be a "beverage" waiting for you from me.:)

catcrazylady
04-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Sorry about all your computer problems and school pressure but really glad to know that it isn't anything too serious. I have started a new job (same company)and am very strung out myself. I try to keep checking in but I haven't had much time to post.
Hopefully we will all get settled sometime soon. I miss you and all my PT buddies!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif
I'm going to try to start a thread today and you better check it out and throw in your two cents!!

catmandu
04-22-2004, 09:05 AM
The Found cats And Feeder , are so Glad that you are back , andwe send Best Wishes To You , Tubby and Peanuts! MMMMEEEEOOOOW!

jazzcat
04-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Glad to know you aren't MIA.

Hope you are back up soon with more great pictures and videos.:D