PDA

View Full Version : Cute story for Husky guardians

Albea
04-21-2004, 12:59 PM
You may not know this but, both the women's and men's basketball teams of the University of Connecticut (where I taught for 17 years) won the National Championships a couple of weeks ago. This never happened before in the history of college basketball and is a big story here. The mascot of both teams is a Husky called Jonathan. Last Sunday there was a huge parade in Hartford to celebrate the occasion, 300,000 people attended. One of them had a Border Collie with a sign around his neck saying "Born a Border Collie, now a Husky!" :D

ramanth
04-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Congrats to U-Conn!!

When I noticed they were in the final two, I was hoping they would win, just because of their mascot. ;) :D

LOL! about the Collie.

You know... when the stations were announcing who made it in the playoffs....I kept hearing U-Conn... and was thinking Yukon and couldn't figure out why they didn't just say Connecticut. How can a Yukon be a mascot?

Mom told me..... University of Connecticut.... duh!! :o

lute
04-21-2004, 01:15 PM
aww.that is so cute about the BC.

EssTer
04-21-2004, 01:54 PM
aww :D

tatsxxx11
04-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Cody was on bended paw, hoping that U. Conn would take the title! Huskies rule:D What a great story Alicia:) Loved hearing that there really is a furry face behind the mascot name...JONATHAN!:)