PDA

View Full Version : URGERT!!Thor back in hospital.....

Dixie Belle
04-21-2004, 12:26 AM
Took Thor in to get his splint changed, and oh God.....The bone in his right thigh collapsed. They had to go back in and do another surgery. On pin had slipped through his knee, the other two had backed up to his hip. They had to remove the one that went through his knee, and then they added two more. The bone was trying to heal, and now that has broken too.

The other three breaks are healing well. So far he has no infections. We decided today to keep him at the vets office until he can walk again. We can't risk this happening to him again. They are better equipt to take care of him than we are. It's probably going to be a month or longer before he comes home.

And guys, he is getting depressed. Yesterday he stopped eating. We are hoping that the pain from the collapse is what is doing it to him. This is the first time since the accident that he has shown any signs of depression. And I'm scared. If he gets depressed, it is going to be so hard for him to heal. Please everyone, please, keep praying.

CathyBogart
04-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Good vibes for Thor coming up! :( Come on big guy, you can do this!!

Cincy'sMom
04-21-2004, 05:41 AM
Prayers for Thor. Poor guy!!!

anna_66
04-21-2004, 06:43 AM
Poor Thor (and poor you:(). I'm so sorry to hear that he's back in the hospital.

I'm sending all the positive vibes I can!!!!

Logan
04-21-2004, 07:29 AM
I'm so sorry, Cheryl. We'll keep those prayers for Thor going. I hope he will recover quickly.

Logan

cloverfdx
04-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Thor will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Get well soon dear Thor.

ramanth
04-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Positive healing vibes sent Thor's way. Poor guy. :(

dukedogsmom
04-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Poor Thor! Make sure that you go and see him as often as possible. That will make him continue to want to get well, hopefully. I visited Duke every day when he was sick. I hope he'll be alright. I know you're sick with worry. We will all send good vibes his way.

G.P.girl
04-21-2004, 08:49 AM
poor thor!:( {{{hugs}}}

tatsxxx11
04-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Oh dear:( I'm so sorry to hear of his setback. The good news is there is no sign of infection. But what an ordeal this brave boy has had to endure and you as well. Try and keep your chin up and hopefully Thor will follow your lead. I'm sure your presence will have a very positive effect on him. Prayers and lots of healing thoughts coming your way, dear Thor. Please keep us updated on his progress. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Kona & Oreo's mom
04-21-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Thor's return to the hospital. I hope he heals soon--best wishes.

CountryWolf07
04-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Prayer sendin' your way!

My Peanuts
04-21-2004, 12:40 PM
I will pray for Thor. Poor pup, but I still think that if this had to happen it is better it was Thor because he's young and can heal faster. I hope his youth will help his depression too. Hang in there Thor.

Albea
04-21-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm so very sorry to read that Thor will have to have another surgery.
Healing thoughts and prayers going his way.

lute
04-21-2004, 12:50 PM
i'll be prayin for him. por thing,i hope he gets better!:(

Cinder & Smoke
04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
We'll send more Prayers for poor Thor!!

Dixie ~

"...We decided today to keep him at the vet's office until he can walk again.
We can't risk this happening to him again.
They are better equipt to take care of him than we are.
It's probably going to be a month or longer before he comes home."

Did the Vet suggest this course of action??

Usually they WANT the patient to return home ASAP.
Unless they are going to be doing therapy or some sort of
medical procedures on him frequently -
I'd think he'd be a LOT *happier* at home.

If it's a matter of not being able to keep him "quiet" and
off the leg - a nice, big, CRATE should solve that problem.

And even if the Vet needs to "see" him frequently;
I'd think "home care" would be a lot less costly
than him spending a month at the hospital.

And you could *ask* if one of the Vet's TECHS might be interested
in doing "private duty" visits to Thor after normal office hours.

/s/ Phred

delidog
04-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Oh Dear Thor!!!!
I am so Sorry to hear this!!!!
Poor Baby!!!
Of Course we are praying for you!!!!!

tatsxxx11
04-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Excellent thoughts to consider, Phred! One month of hospitalization is a long time:( How's Thor doing today?

sabies
04-21-2004, 09:56 PM
oh Thor, I'm so sorry to hear . . . I hope he can feel us all thinking about him

Karen
04-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Visit him often, when you do, give him lots of hugs from me. Make sure the people at the vet's office pay attention to him, that he has lots of human interaction and attention. That'll help with the depression, which is critical right now. If you can't go by every day, ask other friends to visit if the vet allows. If you were nearby, I'd volunteer for Thor-hugging-duty in a heartbeat.

Poor Thor - you tell him Miss Hoppy knows his pain. She broke her leg quite badly when she was a young bunny, and went through 6 different casts, as she kept standing on it and rebreaking it. Every time we went to get the cast off, they'd check it, and put a new one on. The final "we give up" x-ray showed that it didn't even heal straight, and they said she might "hop with a limp," but thankfully, she hops just fine, and has ever since.

Busy treats, hugs and prayers!

Dixie Belle
04-22-2004, 01:01 AM
We asked for him to stay there. He tried to chase the cat. And a create doesn't work well because he has two broke legs, and tring to pick him up out of that everytime he needs to go to the bathroom would cause him too much pain. We had him in a doggie playpen, but he figured out how to open it so he could get out.

Don't worry though, me and Austin go to see him everyday. And they spoil him rotten down there. They show him off to everybody that comes in. The techs really spoil him. He gets lots of love and attention. Shoot, putting him to sleep was never an option, one of the vets down there wanted him if we had decided that we couldn't afford the treatments. People around town have been stopping by just to see him. And they aren't charging us for keeping him there. They want him to heal as badly as we do.

He was doing really good today. He was sleeping when I got there, but they said he had ate like a pig, which is a wonderful sign. Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted.

Logan
04-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Cheryl, I was so glad to read your positive message this morning! Thor sounds like he is doing just fine, and I'm so glad you and Austin are getting to see him everyday. :)

tatsxxx11
04-22-2004, 12:53 PM
What a happy update, Cheryl:) Hopefully, this period of rest and recouperation will do the trick! Great to hear that you and Austin are able to visit him so often too. That's the best medicine of all! Get well and get home soon, Thor:)

Kfamr
04-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Glad to know he's getting better now.... hopefully it continues that way!!

We'll be thinking of you and Thor!

delidog
04-22-2004, 07:15 PM
So Glad to see such a Positive Update!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Dear Thor!!!!!!
You are in our Thoughts & Prayers!!!

Cinder & Smoke
04-22-2004, 07:56 PM
I got side-tracked and didn't get back here...

I "like" our Vet; and think a lot of him...

But THIS... >>>

Originally posted by Dixie Belle

We asked for him to stay there.
He tried to chase the cat.

;) He otta get a "A" for the effort! :p

Don't worry though, me and Austin go to see him everyday.

And they spoil him rotten down there.
They show him off to everybody that comes in.
The techs really spoil him.
He gets lots of love and attention.

People around town have been stopping by
just to see him.

And they aren't charging us for keeping him there.
They want him to heal as badly as we do.

...THAT is a lil hard to believe!! **W:DW**!!

Not that the "attention" and the "spoiling" are all that
'out of the ordinary' for a good Vet Clinic...

But the "Not Charging" is WAY out of the ordinary!! :)

You best be bringin *cookies* for the Staff on you visits -
and I'd prolly think about Pizza for Lunch on Fridays!! :D
Heck - I might even offer to sweep the floor!

If MY 3 ever got in the place - they Might not wanna
:eek: come back home!

WOW! That's GREAT Clinic if there ever was one!!

/s/ Phred

Dixie Belle
04-22-2004, 09:50 PM
I know what you mean. We about fell out when they said that.