PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats smell your breath?

Sirrahsim
04-20-2004, 08:46 PM
My mom(sirrahbed) and I were talking today and she mentioned that she tried to see if her cats would smell her breath like Boomer does mine. This conversation brought up the question of how many other cats are breath sniffers?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pf4d90e3c50f526611441a02c0ed49fd4/f9e1e5cc.jpg

and by the way, I got about 50% of my hair cut off, so I thought I'd sneak in a picture of my new cut:rolleyes: :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p85ada5a40d15bacfd789de0ebb31596a/f8f01658.jpg

guster girl
04-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Lock's breath doesn't stink at all, but, he also doesn't eat bagged cat food. So, that may have something to do with it. I dunno. :)

lat192004
04-20-2004, 09:47 PM
LOL:D :cool: :D , that is a funny picture!! Your Tiger looks like my Angel. Angel gives me tooth rubs,then sneaks in a smell while the calico puts her mouth right next to my nose, then gives my nose a little lick. Must be a cat thing, not sure what this means. I know about the toothrubs, but not Sweetie's kiss.

sirrahbed
04-20-2004, 09:59 PM
:D This is not about stinky cat breath - it's about cats smelling OUR breath:D Boomer has this fascination with it - will even come up and just about lick Missy's mouth to make her open up so he can have his sniff!!! As I recall his favorite is anything fruity?? Sooooo...I thought I would see if my kitties were interested:p Sure enough, Eliot thinks it is great fun. I opened up to give him a whiff of my chocolate and he tried to climb on in, then kept getting in my face. I will try and get a picture of him tomorrow if he and hubby will cooperate.
I dunno Missy - do you think the sirrah family are gonna get branded as weird or anything?:eek:
But then, you are not a sirrah anymore. Oh and the haircut look great:)

slick
04-20-2004, 10:31 PM
At night I usually get up a couple of times for a glass of milk. Yes, I know, I'm addicted to milk.

When I crawl back to bed the first thing Max does is smell my mouth, so I open it up and he practically sticks his whole flat nose in there. :D

And just to prove it's not the milk, he also smells my stinky morning breath first thing when I wake up. :rolleyes:

As for Speckles, well she couldn't care less.

Sirrahsim
04-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by slick
And just to prove it's not the milk, he also smells my stinky morning breath first thing when I wake up. :rolleyes:

Lol! Yes, Boomer is also a huge fan of sniffing my morning breath:rolleyes: sometimes he'll get so excited about it that he'll try to lick my teeth:eek:

slick
04-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
sometimes he'll get so excited about it that he'll try to lick my teeth:eek:
Throw away that toothbrush. You don't need it anymore!!!! :D :D

Now all you do is train him how to floss them......

Sirrahsim
04-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by slick
Throw away that toothbrush. You don't need it anymore!!!! :D :D

Now all you do is train him how to floss them......

LOL New on the market: The Kitty Lick Brush- it lasts MUCH longer than an ordinary toothbrush and never needs to be thrown out. Most of all it doesn't even require toothpaste or water! Get yours today:rolleyes: :D

and of course the fine print:
bacterial concentrations are not guaranteed. effectiveness is directly proportional to your cats appetite and mood. The Kitty lick brush in in no way affiliated with the American Dental Association and would probably be laughed out of the market anyway. The manufacturers hold no responsibility for the breath of their product and will not be held liable for stray pieces of fur left behind. As always, brush responsibly!

guster girl
04-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Oh! I read it wrong. D'oh. I dunno if Lock has ever smelled my breath or not. I know when he yawns in my face, it's hard not to smell his, though! :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-21-2004, 12:26 AM
I've noticed that sometimes Storm or Cirrus will smell my breath. Storm usually licks his chops and Cirrus will squint his eyes and make a disgusted look.:)
Cirrus doesn't like my breath after I've brushed my teeth because I use a mintly mouthwash and he hates the smell. LOL:)

catmandu
04-21-2004, 09:32 AM
I dont thik , so as I am on A Diabetic Diet , and my Cats , are not Vegetarians , as I am becoming. As Linda McCartney said , If It Has A Face , and A Mommy that loves It , I dont Eat It! Blees her Memory , as she helped a Lot Of Animals!

Felicia's Mom
04-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Beau will smell my breath; Felicia has never tried to.

Kona & Oreo's mom
04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh yes! Kona tries to stick her whole head in. She does it to me, my husband, and any guest :eek: who will comply. My sister's cat Gnocchi also does it. The timing is always when you first come home, as if it is a way to say hello or find out where you've been.

sirrahbed
04-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Well I never....;) How about that - we are NOT the only ones with cat breath sniffers Missy! I am so glad you put this post on!!:D
Is there anything we have not yet discussed here??:o :D :p

catland
04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Out of the three, only Jan likes to smell my breath. It doesn't matter what I've been eating or drinking although she does especially like coffee breath.

EssTer
04-21-2004, 02:00 PM
My breath gets Buddy's attention only if I've eaten something, that he likes LOL.. for example meat (especially chicken) and fishes:D

Kirsten
04-22-2004, 03:36 AM
None of my cats did that so far (maybe because I'm a veggie...?), but I've noticed they don't like the smell of tooth paste! :)

Kirsten

jazzcat
04-22-2004, 11:12 AM
All three of mine like to smell my breath. Whenever we come in from eating out Scout insist on sniffing what I've eaten. It gets on my husband's nerves but I think it is funny.

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
It gets on my husband's nerves but I think it is funny.

What is it with these manly men? They think it is gross to eat after the cat, don't want to talk about pee biscuits, and do not even see the humor in letting the cat smell your breath? Can they wash a cat butt without gagging? Can they clean a catbox without going pale? See blood without fainting??

I bet these same manly men have engaged in belching contests and happily scratch their equipment in public:p

And my point is.....absolutely nothing:D :D

rosethecopycat
04-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I encourage Bella's curiosity, but some times it backfires on me.

She wants to see in my mouth, and she wants to see the big pink thing in there, so I oblige and stick it out for her.

And she licked it....:eek:

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat

I am speechless...the CAT literally got your tongue??:confused:

Sirrahsim
04-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
She wants to see in my mouth, and she wants to see the big pink thing in there, so I oblige and stick it out for her.

Boomer will occasionally try to lick at my tongue or stick a paw in my mouth, but he generally only does it if I'm wearing a particularly bright or shiny barbell through it.:p

rosethecopycat
04-23-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I am speechless...the CAT literally got your tongue??:confused:

Yep, never saw it comin'.

:rolleyes: