PDA

View Full Version : Cats, long nails and nailpolish

Former User
12-20-2001, 08:24 AM
Casper is funny when it comes to nailpolish. I do my nails in the bathroom wihtout him (the smell isn't too brilliant) but when I'm done, he checks out my nails. I use dark coloured polishes, and he likes when my nails are black and I play with them against white fabric. Then there's this one nailpolish that he wants to lick, dunno why though. He did it once, but after that I haven't allowed him to do it, it's not like it's good or anything.
And, whenever I manage to grow my nails a bit longer, they love my nails then, or not, because they try to chew them! It feels so funny when they try to chew them, but really can't and then they end up punching my nails, as if meaning, 'bad nail, bad nail'. :)

Edwina's Secretary
12-20-2001, 08:45 AM
I wear my fingernails somewhat long and Edwina loves to chew on them. Thumbnails are her favorite but she will chew on any she can catch. Sometimes when I am sleeping she will find a hand and start chewing.

It reminds me of when I was growing up and my parents kept horses. When they would trim the horses hooves the dogs would run off with the trimmings like it was a bone!

thelmalu99
12-20-2001, 11:07 AM
I have noticed that Elvis and Danny will look at my hands and feet funny when I use my blue nail polish. I have to laugh, because Danny will sit there batting at my toes, lol!

Edwina's Secretary
12-20-2001, 02:45 PM
Alright, you guys are making me feel OLD! When I am feeling really decadent I get a French manicure or :eek: bright red. But blue and black??? Wow! No wonder your kitties go crazy!

TheAntiPam
12-20-2001, 07:01 PM
Spencer - :D :D :D :D :D

sammi
12-20-2001, 08:56 PM
Edwina's sec. Is that the same as the horse hoof's we buy for the dogs? :confused:

Logan
12-21-2001, 07:17 AM
I am not a good "nail" person either, Chuck, so mine don't get painted very often! But there was a time when I wore nails that weren't mine and Mimi loved them! She would rub her face back and forth and get a good whisker scratchin! :D

C.C.'s Mom
12-21-2001, 08:10 AM
My Rudie is a nail nibbler, but only without nailpolish. He always manages to get little pieces of my nails off. I wonder how he does it, guess it's his special treat for me because I saved him from his 3 year life in a shelter. He likes to nibble on my fingers too, but lucky me... not with his teeth!!!

Edwina's Secretary
12-21-2001, 09:04 AM
Sammi - I didn't know you can BUY horses' hooves (truthfully it always kinda disgusted me when the dogs chewed them -- don't know why.) If there is a stable or horse farm around you can probably get all you want for free!

thelmalu99
12-21-2001, 11:39 AM
My friend's dog, Muppy (now @ Rainbow Bridge) used love getting ear scratches from me. I wear my nails a little long and every time I came over, he would hurry and sit by me to get an ear scratchin'. :)
Miss that sweet boy.

AvaJoy
12-23-2001, 08:32 PM
I have very long nails, and my how I wish it only took a few scratches on a post to do them! :cool: My cats don't show any interest in nibbling on them, but Meeshe and Lily like it when I run my nails down along their flanks.