PDA

View Full Version : What did you have for dinner?

Kfamr
04-20-2004, 07:24 PM
We had a thread like this before, but I thought i'd make a new one. :)

So, what did you have for dinner?

I had a yummy salad that my mom made from Chick-Fil-A.

Lettuce, of course - cut up chargrill chicken, two kinds of cheese, carrots, sunflower seeds, crutons, and buttermilk ranch.;)

YUM!

GoldenRetrLuver
04-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Since it's only 5:30 here...we haven't ate yet.
I feel like eating a Chicken Cesar Salad, though. YUMMY! :D

Cookiebaker
04-20-2004, 07:37 PM
I made grilled Bruschetta (sp?) You marinate tomatoes and celery diced very fine, with basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar. You take slices of french bread (2" thick) and spread it with a mixture of mayo, mustard, green onions and garlic. Grill the bread until browned, and top with the tomato mixture. I also put slices of mozzarella over the top. YUMMY!

dappledoxie
04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
I had two Eggo Buttermilk Waffles with Mayple Syrup and Sweet Tea. lol

Uabassoon
04-20-2004, 07:52 PM
I made tostadas, it's one of my favorite dinners since it's so easy to make. Just a flat taco shell, some beans, cheese and veggies.

Kater
04-20-2004, 08:21 PM
I had Pad Thai.
I stir fried TVP (texture vegetable protein), broccoli, carrots and bean sprouts in Thai pepper sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic. I put this over a bed of rice noodles and then garnished it with chopped green onion. YUM!

Twisterdog
04-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Potato chips and ice cream. :o

It's a lazy night.

Kfamr
04-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I made grilled Bruschetta (sp?) You marinate tomatoes and celery diced very fine, with basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar. You take slices of french bread (2" thick) and spread it with a mixture of mayo, mustard, green onions and garlic. Grill the bread until browned, and top with the tomato mixture. I also put slices of mozzarella over the top. YUMMY!

Ohhh.. that does sound VERY yum!

Cincy'sMom
04-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Kater
I had Pad Thai.
I stir fried TVP (texture vegetable protein), broccoli, carrots and bean sprouts in Thai pepper sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic. I put this over a bed of rice noodles and then garnished it with chopped green onion. YUM!

I love Pad Thai!!! I just changed jobs this week, and there was a great thai place just down the road from my old job. I am going to miss gong there for lunch!!!

I had Fajati's (sp?) tonight.

Kater
04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I love Pad Thai!!! I just changed jobs this week, and there was a great thai place just down the road from my old job. I am going to miss gong there for lunch!!!
I love it too!!!
You can always make it! It's really not too hard...(unless you don't like cooking at all :p)

popcornbird
04-20-2004, 11:36 PM
My mom made lasagna for dinner today. Yum...........:D

guster girl
04-20-2004, 11:47 PM
I had a salad from Wendy's. :) And, an orange.

CathyBogart
04-21-2004, 01:17 AM
I had my mom's great stir-fry. YUM!!

NoahsMommy
04-21-2004, 02:31 AM
We had:

*Salad (baby spinach, mushrooms, carrots, sunflower seeds, cheese and dressing)
*Garlic/Parmasan Broccoli
*Rice
*Misquite Chicken

Yummy!!! :)

For dessert....these super yummy cookies made in South Africa I just found in this British store. Oatmeal/coconut cookies with chocolate center. To die for! ;)

lbaker
04-21-2004, 07:15 AM
I have had this London Broil steak marinating for a day 1/2 so I broiled it rare on the grill last night and served it with fettacini alfredo (real cream and butter) garlic bread and a salad. Colesterol? Who cares :rolleyes: it was yummy. We don't always eat like that but every now and then a treat is in order :cool: Sorry guys, but I like my meat.

primabella
04-21-2004, 07:25 AM
My mom was going to make some yummy pasta but my sister started complaining :rolleyes: so we ordered out pizza.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Last night my sister- in- law "cooked" for us. She pulled everything out of a bag in the freezer. We had fried clams, coconut shrimp, and potato skins with cheese and bacon bits. It actually was pretty good, altho a bit burnt. It was her first time cooking for someone else.:)

Kfamr
04-22-2004, 04:43 PM
A yummy sub from Subway. :D

aly
04-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Last night I had spinach lasagna and garlic bread with a salad.

I'm not too sure whats on the menu for tonight. My bf and I are going shopping for my dad's b-day so we will probably eat at the mall.

Katiesmom
04-22-2004, 05:35 PM
I had Japanese(sp?) terriyaki chicken I love eating that...mmmmmmmmm:p

Shelteez2
04-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
A yummy sub from Subway. :D

Yummmmmm *drools*

I visited this thread with the hopes of finding something I could make myself for dinner, but all it's accomplished is to make me hungry. LOL

I wish there was a Subway close by as that would be perfect, but the closest one is still driving distance away and I hate driving so.....

I guess I'll have to go raid the fridge/freezer to see what I can find. *sigh* I hate cooking for myself.......

Kfamr
04-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Hehe.. I LOOVEE Subway. There's two or three near-by here.

I always have my mom get that if she hasn't planned dinner. :p

ChiRen
04-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Well, last night we had stir-fry with spring rolls and rice. Mmm...so yummy. :D

I'm not sure what we're having tonight.......:p

Nomilynn
04-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Hmm I too came here for ideas, and just got hungry! :p I think I will be having either chicken strips and hasbrowns, or chicken strips and pasta. I haven't decided for sure. Oh, and lots of orange juice. I have a yucky cold!!

NoahsMommy
04-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Hope you feel better, Nom. :)

I just finished my dinner....my newest obsession is spinach salad. :)

Tonight I had a spinich, apples, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese and blue cheese dressing. It was soooo good!

ChiRen
04-22-2004, 09:58 PM
**drools** We had shrimp scampi tonight...Yuuuuuum.

sirrahbed
04-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Well, *I* am the mom here but the *kids* have all flown the coop. No Betty Crockers, Martha Stewarts, Emerils or Suzy Homemakers at this house.:D :D I did, however, make a nice Banquet potpie back in March I think it was....

Tonight, Emily and I had a bowl of Golden Grahams:rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
04-23-2004, 12:23 AM
I had leftover's from Red Robin's

anna_66
04-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Last night we had chicken & dumplings. Yummy!

Cataholic
04-23-2004, 09:30 AM
REady?

A chibatta sandwhich from the local pizza chain and a big ole bag of BBQ chips, followed by some lemonade. Yum.

ILoveReptiles
04-23-2004, 09:41 AM
As a favor for the professor (a friend of mine), I was a guest speaker for an entry level web development course last night at a small university - it was part of their MIS program. And afterwards, we went out to a Japanese Hibachi grill. I had rice, salmon, shrimp, scallops, veggies, and sushi.

YUM!

lbaker
04-23-2004, 09:48 AM
YUM!! It's not even lunchtime and now I'm hungry! Anna_66, I haven't made chicken & dumplings in ages. Now I know what I'll make over the weekend. My son & d-in-law just LOVE my dumplings :D I think I'll steam up some fresh asperagus to go with it :cool:

sirrahbed
04-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
It's not even lunchtime and now I'm hungry! Anna_66, I haven't made chicken & dumplings in ages. Now I know what I'll make over the weekend.

now I am feeling domestic...dumplings!!! do you drop yours or roll them?? (I roll)

lbaker
04-23-2004, 10:35 AM
I drop.. :) I also boil the chicken carcass to get all the meat off and that makes the best broth once I refrigerate it so I can skim the fat off. That's why I have to wait for weekends... I don't like taking short cuts with chicken & dumplings ;)

sirrahbed
04-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
I drop.. :) I also boil the chicken carcass to get all the meat off and that makes the best broth once I refrigerate it so I can skim the fat off. That's why I have to wait for weekends... I don't like taking short cuts with chicken & dumplings ;)

Absolutely! Chicken and Dumplings is *serious* cookin'!! But - I DO roll - I think maybe it is a southern thing? Little fat noodle like dumplings about the size of a stick of gum - nice and chewy. I think I am hungry - got the chicken out to thaw!!:D

anna_66
04-23-2004, 10:11 PM
I drop mine. Now a stupid question....
How do you roll them?

Cincy'sMom
04-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Kater
I love it too!!!
You can always make it! It's really not too hard...(unless you don't like cooking at all :p)

Actually I love to cook, and I have made it once or twice. But it is always nice when someone else does the cooking and it was so convinient to work!!!

tomkatzid
04-23-2004, 10:25 PM
1/2 can of planters honey roasted peanuts :(

Cookiebaker
04-23-2004, 10:35 PM
We went out to Margarita's, a Mexican place. Mmmmm! I had a "Cuatro" which is basically a taco, an enchilada, a burrito and a quesadilla. I brought half of it home for lunch tomorrow tho'.

Nomilynn
04-23-2004, 10:38 PM
I've got a pizza and a salad on the way! :D

slleipnir
04-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Nothing. Someone ate it..grr. I got a mixed basket at work and it got busy so I couldn't eat it. When I looked over the bloody costumers were eating it..pssh.

guster girl
04-23-2004, 10:45 PM
a really good teriyaki chicken bowl from a place called lite wok. Oh, it's so yummy!!! Oh, and, and an egg roll. :)

ChiRen
04-23-2004, 11:07 PM
A hotdog on the grill and corn on the cob. Soo good. lol

Kfamr
04-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Chicken wings. And one peice of sushi thing... a california roll

Tonya
04-24-2004, 12:22 AM
LUMPIA! And I made it!

For you that don't know, that's like egg rolls. I'm with my filipino (aka phillippino) family and friends and I learned how to make them tonight. mmmmmmmmmmmm!

carole
04-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Crumbed Pork Sniztel,(sp) with mashed potatoes , baby peas and a salad and a glass of coke.

lisalee
04-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Last night I had fried shrimp and french fries. Yummy! :D Tonight, we'll have either chinese or pizza. It's always preferred to eat out for me. I hate cooking!!

Lisa & Sash

Rio and Me
04-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Well mum went to work, i had no work today so i thought i might try and be creative in the kitchen, huh what a joke.
I thought something simple (Mum told me what ever i did i had to make somthing for my bro as well he's a 22yr old male need i say more) so soup sprang to mind.

Vegtable i thought so easy.
What i did was boil 3 large spuds,3carrots,3 red onions,1 leak (hate em), 1 garlic clove, 1 sprout (i know its all i had the guts to put in,lol), 3 tomatos, half a cucumber, some bround beans, pepper/salt/vinigar.
Once boiled chucked it in a blender and woollaa one soup for two,lol

Well it looked like ****, smelled like it and tasted like it.
My brother didnt even taste it so he went hungery.

This was my first atempt, not following any books, never again.
So in the end it was a bag a crisps, chocolate bar and 3 pints of larger, hummmm best dinner ever,lol

Ky

Amber
04-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Dominos Pizza:D

sirrahbed
04-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I drop mine. Now a stupid question....
How do you roll them?

Hi Anna,
not a dumb question! I had never heard of "dropping" until I came north. Dumplings are rolled in the south - like a noodle only thick and chewy. Here is how I make mine if you feel southern and domestic sometime:D
I cook the chicken and veggies until almost done and add the dumplings 30-45 minutes before we are ready to eat - you just add them to the broth, cover and simmer and the flour helps the broth them thicken up. You need to fix them early in the day - about the same time you start the chicken because they dry for several hours before ya cook them.

Dumplings:
3 eggs
3 T COLD water
1/2 tsp salt
Beat these three things together and add with your fingers:
2 cups (or more) all purpose flour to make a nice dough you can work and roll. I divide it in half and roll out like a *thick* pie crust on a floury board or towel. Let it sit awhile until it looks kinda dry - half hour maybe. Roll each piece up and cut it into slices about an inch wide then cut each strip about 2-3 inches long. Toss them around on the floury towel and let them dry a couple more hours until you are ready to use them. They look like play dough when they are ready and can really dry all day if you want - won't hurt them to be too dry. You can freeze what you don't cook and use them another time!

sirrahbed
04-24-2004, 05:08 PM
I like to eat out:rolleyes: THREE times this week I had soft tacos at a place called Chipotle - are they in othere areas than here in Ohio?? They are as good as anything I had down in Texas - nice and fresh! I get them with rice, black beans, onions and peppers, corn salsa, cheese and guacamole! YUM!!

RobiLee
04-24-2004, 06:09 PM
No one but me this evening, so I didn't have to worry about what we were all going to eat...yeeaah! I just ran over to a local mom and pop's mexican place and got the quesidilla special. It is yummy and one of my favs.

Robin :)

lisalee
04-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Everyone talking about Mexican food is making me very hungry for some!:D My boyfriend makes wonderful burritos and tacos. I'm going to be eating very shortly chinese take out, sprimp lo mein and a shrimp egg roll.:)

Lisa & Sash

popcornbird
04-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I ate my mom's home-made goat curry with rice and salad tonight. YUMMY! :D

Kfamr
04-24-2004, 09:54 PM
My grandmother's home-made lasagna, bread, and a yummy salad.

ChiRen
04-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I like to eat out:rolleyes: THREE times this week I had soft tacos at a place called Chipotle - are they in othere areas than here in Ohio??

We just got one of those down here! I haven't been there yet...I wasn't sure what they had or if I would like it. We also just got a
Potbelly's right next to it...they have the best peanut butter and jelly I've ever had. lol.

Tonight we had BBQ Ribs and red potatoes. So yummy.

sirrahbed
04-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ChiRen
We just got one of those down here! I haven't been there yet...I wasn't sure what they had or if I would like it.
AH! Chipotle! I love it. They only have three choices - hard tacos, soft tacos or a soft burrito (oh and a salad) - but they have lots of very fresh toppings and hundreds of combinations and will fix them however you want them! Choose your meat or vegetarian style, lime rice, different beans, veggies, various salsas, cheese, toppings, etc - all fresh, messy and yummy! Sort of a mexican Subway's. Hope you try it! I never heard of Potbelly's!

tomkatzid
04-24-2004, 10:37 PM
real food tonight !! boneless pork ribs cook slow all day in the crock pot (while I was at the camera show), garlic mashed potatoes and corn. Now I'm going to go frost a cinniman swirll cake and have it with vanilla ice cream

Dogz
04-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Tonight for dinner, we went over to my aunt's house for my cousin's first communion. He is in 2nd grade.

There we had barbeques, chips, and punch.

Prince also enjoyed 3/4 of my couins's barbeque. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Half of a Subway sub. :)

sirrahbed
04-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Hubby cooked tonight! He made spaghetti with homemade sauce and garlic sticks. Right now he is baking a carrot cake which he will ice with cream cheese frosting. (Tomorrow, being a Monday, is always a a new diet:rolleyes: )

tomkatzid
04-25-2004, 08:00 PM
stir fry with the left over pork from last night and sticky rice !!

Cookiebaker
04-25-2004, 08:46 PM
popcorn and decaf coffee

carole
04-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Last night was Roast Chicken(cooked courtesy of the supermarket) Roast veges, Kumara, Pumpkin, Potatoe, and lavishings of light Gravy, yum, followed by "Dessertalicious," a lovely combo of Chocolate cake bottom, ice cream in the middle , topped with the most yummy Chocolate mousse, also we had the new chocolate out, called Three wishes, light chocolate on the bottom, white chocolate in the middle and dark on top, yes it was a nawtee night, back on the diet tonight though, weightwatchers spinach and bacon frittata and salad,

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 10:00 PM
popcorn and decaf coffee

I had popcorn for Breakfast. :p

Shelteez2
04-25-2004, 10:02 PM
popcorn and decaf coffee

I'm having popcorn and "decaf" coke.... LOL

carole
04-25-2004, 10:04 PM
I have a small pkt of popcorn everyday for an afternoon snack 12 grm pack, whether I am on a diet or not, love the stuff..!!!!!!!

jenfer
04-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Tonite I had McDonald!!! :D Fish buger meal and apple pie!!! haha...

Rio and Me
04-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Well mums gone on a short break with gran so i have to cook myself this week (and my bro).
planning ahead for tonight i think a take away fish and chips, with a mate should do the trick,lol and some beer,lol
Ky

cloverfdx
04-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Last nights dinner was Roast chicken (Supermarket) and Chocolate cake. I was feeling terribly lazy last night.

anna_66
04-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Hi Anna,
not a dumb question! I had never heard of "dropping" until I came north. Dumplings are rolled in the south - like a noodle only thick and chewy. Here is how I make mine if you feel southern and domestic sometime:D
I cook the chicken and veggies until almost done and add the dumplings 30-45 minutes before we are ready to eat - you just add them to the broth, cover and simmer and the flour helps the broth them thicken up. You need to fix them early in the day - about the same time you start the chicken because they dry for several hours before ya cook them.

Dumplings:
3 eggs
3 T COLD water
1/2 tsp salt
Beat these three things together and add with your fingers:
2 cups (or more) all purpose flour to make a nice dough you can work and roll. I divide it in half and roll out like a *thick* pie crust on a floury board or towel. Let it sit awhile until it looks kinda dry - half hour maybe. Roll each piece up and cut it into slices about an inch wide then cut each strip about 2-3 inches long. Toss them around on the floury towel and let them dry a couple more hours until you are ready to use them. They look like play dough when they are ready and can really dry all day if you want - won't hurt them to be too dry. You can freeze what you don't cook and use them another time!
Thanks so much! I'm going to have to try them:D

sirrahbed
04-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Anna- I was just thinking - you have Cracker Barrels, right? They have YUMMY chicken & dumplings (http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu-regular.cfm?doc_id=73) - southern style rolled;)
(pictured at bottom right:) )

G.P.girl
04-26-2004, 08:13 PM
i think we're going to have quesedillas. yum!

carole
04-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Gosh what on earth are Quesedillas? I have never heard of them, I can only imagine some kind of mexican food????;)

Tonight it will be three different meals, bacon and salad for my daughter, chicken and salad for me, and pasta and mince for hubby, we are a fussy lot eh?

Blustang24
04-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Tonight I made Chicken Parmasan, Pasta Shells with Tomato Sauce, and a Salad with carrots, red cabbage, bacon bits, cheese, and ranch. :) Yummy!! :)

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Ceasar Salad with chicken and bacon from Chick-Fil-A. :)

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Tonight we had garlic shrimp fresh off the grill, rice pilaff, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower with cheese. **drools**

NoahsMommy
04-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Carole...quesadillas are flour torillas with melted cheese (and sometimes sauce and/or meat) in them. They are really good. :)

I had one at TGIF one time (or was it Applebee's??) that had steak and portobello mushrooms in it. Mmmmmm.....good!!

Tonight I had half a tri-tip, bean and cheese burrito from Chuys

Rio and Me
04-27-2004, 05:44 AM
again planning ahead, hummmmm so many choices,lol
Rabbit stew from my auntie i think, (every time mum go's away she say's if you get hungrey come down and have tea), so since she's cooking that tonight i might just do that, she an awsome cook.
Ky

davidpizzica
04-28-2004, 03:04 AM
As a single guy I'm cooking challenged. Usually I buy a Freshetta cheese pizza and put it in the oven. Then I would have a pepsi to go with it. Delicious!:D ;)

Rio and Me
04-28-2004, 06:43 AM
Again thinking ahead, hummmm no money left till payday (friday) hummm whats in the store........ Nothing, no money for take out, looks like stir fry, anything and everthing in the store into a pan and walla meal for 2,lol

Ky