PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your concern...

Moose
04-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm not exactly back, but after talking with Kay and Jules, I figured the least I could do is check in and at least let you know why I haven't been around.

I see that the word is now out that my father passed away last week. It has been hard on my entire family, myself and my mother especially. I hope you guys can understand why I've been neglecting to post here...I just haven't felt like myself lately. I've been at my mom's house a lot lately...and I'm sure I'll only be there more as the days roll on. We're trying to take everything one day at a time, but that is much easier said than done.

I'm not telling you this hoping for sympathy, because that is one of the last things I want right now...I've gotten plenty from other friends and family members. Even the deepest "sorry" won't change what happened...it's a fact that can't be altered. Naturally, I appreciate whatever prayers are said for my family and I...don't take this the wrong way.

Again, I just thought you guys deserved to know what is going on...so here it is.

I'm not sure when I'll be back on for good, but I'll do my best to pop in every once in awhile. I can't guarantee I'll post, but I'll try my hardest.

I missed you guys.

Kfamr
04-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks for checking in with everyone Brookie! :)

We love you, you know that... stay with us!
Hopefully we'll still get to see you, Josh, Moosie, and Zoey at the meeting! It's fine if you don't come, we'll understand... do what you feel is best for you.:)

Moose
04-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
We love you, you know that... stay with us!
Hopefully we'll still get to see you, Josh, Moosie, and Zoey at the meeting! It's fine if you don't come, we'll understand... do what you feel is best for you.:)

Thanks, Kay.

I'm not really sure what our situation is with the meeting right now. I'd really like to go, but I just don't know for sure right now. I don't want to leave you guys hanging, so if I do decide to come...I'll just get the "schedule" from you and do my own thing as far as food or whatever goes. Even if I'm only able to see you guys for a little bit, it'd still be worth it to me and the dogs.

But like I said, I have no idea where we stand on that at this point.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-20-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm glad you're back! :)
Like Kay said, we're here for you; don't leave us!

I can't wait until you guys move up to Cali. You can expect me at your house every week. :D;)

Moose
04-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
I'm glad you're back! :)
Like Kay said, we're here for you; don't leave us!

I can't wait until you guys move up to Cali. You can expect me at your house every week. :D;)

Thanks, Jules.

There are so many "me" things I could say to that Cali comment, but I'm honestly not up to it right now. :p

slick
04-20-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry for your father's passing. Mine passed away in 1995 of old age (he was 91) but I still have nightmares about it. Take comfort in knowing that he is watching over you. I'll say a prayer for you and your family at this difficult time.

Corinna
04-20-2004, 07:53 PM
I know words can't ease the pain but know we are thinking of you and your family. We are holding you close to our hearts.

bluekat
04-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks for checking in on us Brooke!:) We really missed you around here...hope you'll come back for good soon.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Twisterdog
04-20-2004, 08:22 PM
I am so terribly sorry about your dad. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through right now. What a devastating loss to have to bear.

Godspeed.

guster girl
04-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I don't know the situation that you're going through. But, I can relate in that I lost my father as well. I was only 9 years old, but, it still hurts. I took solace in the thought that he's always with me. He's in my blood, no? ;) Stick with your family, hold onto your mom. Surround yourself with the good stuff. I'll be thinking about you, even though I don't know you.

Kater
04-20-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm so sorry, Brooke. Your family will be in my prayers.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what is going on with you. We missed you too!

shais_mom
04-20-2004, 11:55 PM
I am sorry for you loss. I can't imagine. My grandma passed away 2 weeks ago, and I am numb over that, but I can't imagine what you are going thru.
Take care of yourself!

lovemyshiba
04-21-2004, 12:07 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Brooke.
You and your family will be in my prayers during this difficult time.

cloverfdx
04-21-2004, 07:08 AM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers Brooke. We missed you.

dukedogsmom
04-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Very sorry to hear this. I hope you'll feel like coming up in May. Maybe we can help cheer you up. I was really looking forward to meeting you. If not, I certainly understand.

primabella
04-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks for checking in Brooke and I'm so sorry for this news. Your family will be in my prayers. *hugs*

4 Dog Mother
04-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Sorry for your loss, Brooke. You are right there are no words that can make you feel better. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss Meow
04-21-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm so sorry about your dad {{{hugs}}}. Come back when you can, and thank you for letting us know what you're going through. I hope things ease up with your family a bit.

tatsxxx11
04-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks for checking in Brooke. I've thought of you so often the past couple of weeks. Know I'm thinking of you and your family. I've lost a parent and understand what you're going through right now. I hope when you're ready, you'll be back with us. We miss you:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Cataholic
04-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Brooke,
I am so awfully sorry for your pain. You are right, no words can heal the hole in your heart. But, the power of prayer can do wonders. You have the PT community behind you.
Johanna

countrycowgirl
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
so sorry to hear about your father brooke. your family will be in my thoughts and prays. i really missed you and i am glad you checked in

popcornbird
04-21-2004, 05:56 PM
I was very sorry to hear this and cannot even begin to imagine the pain you and your family are going through right now. :( There is no one in this world like your parents. Take care of yourself. You'll be in my prayers.

Moose
04-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone.

Val, I'm really hoping I'll still be able to go in May. I really have been looking forward to it, but everything is just a little uncertain right now. I'm almost scared to leave my mom alone...she's all I've really got left now as far as parents go, so I'm having a hard time with that. It takes all the self-control I have not to call her every 10 minutes.

carole
04-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Dearest Brooke, I am so very sad to hear this news, there is nothing I can say to ease your pain right now, but just want you to know I am thinking of you at this very difficult time, it was so lovely of you to check in with us, we all appreciate it, especially as you are going through such a lot right now, you are very special to even think of us.

Take care , HUGS TO YOU from across the miles.