PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rollerblade?

slleipnir
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm curious if anyone here rollerblades?

Well, I have some what of an embarassing story for you, and a question.

I use to rollerblade a lot, but I kinda stopped and haven't in a while. Well, I decided to dig them out (thankfully they were MANY sizes to big when I got them..well, they still are..) and try them out. So I've been blading around my house. Not many hills and such, or atleast I avoided them :o I'm at my moms for a few days, so I took them with me knowing there is no hills around her place.......WRONG!!! You're either going up hill, or down. I'm fine with uphill. It's good exersize. So I'm at the top of a hill. Doesn't look so bad, besides, I need to work on stopping. So I try to do what you'd do when skiing, go to one side, then back ot the other. So yeah, I lost my balence a bit, regained it, but at that time I was going fast. How do I stop? There was a road a head, then a ditch. I was worried I'd keep going and fall into it. I told myself I'd just go along the glass like I always did as a kid to stop...WELL there WAS no grass T-T It was all rocks to the side..and another ditch lol. There was just small rocks on one side os I thought I'd be fine. Yeah..nope. I ended up losing my balence again, stumbled forward like 5 steps thinking I'd make it, but fell to the side and rolled a bit. hah. I actually thought it was fun XD but I can't say I'd want to do that again..esp if someone was watching lol

So my question......................HOW DO YOU STOP ON THOSE THINGS? Yes, I know there is a 'break' but it didn't bloody stop me. T-T

*important note* I just found a rock on the top inside of my pants lmao (where my belt is)

Kfamr
04-20-2004, 03:22 PM
I used to rollerblade ALL the time and EVERYWHERE.

The wheels wear down, but i used to put my foot sideways and to the back of me a bit.. to stop (don't do it suddenly, do it slowly.)

I haven't in so long...:o

sirrahved
04-20-2004, 03:37 PM
I rollerblade.... barely. I don't know how to stop, either. Little tiny hills seem like mountains to me!!!

popcornbird
04-20-2004, 03:48 PM
I used to rollerblade ALL the time! ALWAYS! It was my passion! I haven't done it in so long, but I used to rollerblade like everyday, for years. The brakes never worked for me either. I would always turn my right foot slightly inward to stop. It made me turn a little, but it quickly slows you down and makes it easier to stop. You need to be a pretty good rollerblader to do that though, otherwise you could lose balance and fall. My dad would always worry about me falling when I did that, but I never did. :p Rollerblading's fun..........I haven't done it in quite sometime, but still think its fun. I think I should try it out and see if I still know how. :p

Logan
04-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Oh, Audrey, I shouldn't have even answered this post because I made a complete idiot of myself in my one and only attempt. Helen and I went to a city park, and she's zooming around the hills and everything, and I'm getting blisters and falling down constantly! I guess I have a longer way to fall than she does, or something (this has been at least 3 or more years ago). I finally too them off, and walked the path with her, barefoot. I was so embarassed!! She finally grew into my roller blades, thank goodness, so they have been put to good use!!!! :o An old lady like me can't learn all of the new tricks, and rollerblading is one I should have left alone!! LOL!!!! :o

primabella
04-20-2004, 05:27 PM
LOL Audrey, poor you. Keep that rock as a reminder. ;)

I got rollerblades as a confirmation gift and I couldn't wait to try them on. I put them on, there in the hall, with my dress on. I fell everywhere, especially with those slippery floors. But I loved it and continued rollerblading into they were too small for me. I haven't tried again since.

Cincy'sMom
04-20-2004, 08:48 PM
I used to rollerblade a lot when I was living in Arizona (8 years ago!!) I haven't done it much since then, but i did try with Sadie summer before last. Didn't go too bad...she was pretty good about slowing down when I told her, and Ralph was nearby so I could drop her leash if I needed to. I usually step into the grass to stop :)

slleipnir
04-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Hah, I guess I just have to keep trying until I find a way XD I use to be really good at it and could stop..I think, I just don't remember how I did it! Its been so long haha. I'm gonna try ones that actually FIT first maybe :o

Ah well, practice makes perfect, right?

Twisterdog
04-20-2004, 10:21 PM
I used to rollerblade a lot, until I broke my knee twice, and now I can't do it anymore. :(

And, no, I didn't break my knee while rollerblading ... skiing, instead.

G.P.girl
04-20-2004, 11:13 PM
i rollerblade alot! lol my mom says the same thing about the breaks. i've never had trouble stopping, but alot of people have the same problem. of course when i first started the easiest way to stop was just fling myself into the grass.:p

cloverfdx
04-21-2004, 10:11 AM
I also was a huge rollerblader as a kid (8-10 years ago) i used to crash land or roll onto some grass ;)

LOL i remember a comment from our church youth group leader "Oh your a girl and you rollerblade thats so cool" i was the only girl out of a group of about 10 guys. LOL

slleipnir
04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
I bought a new pair of blades. I like em a lot. so much betterthen my OLLD pair XD Hopefully now I'll do it more often

dukedogsmom
04-21-2004, 04:00 PM
All I can say is my one attempt was a sad one. I was on a freshly paved road and thought that would be perfect. I'm just glad that I've got plenty of padding on my rump. I would still love to learn how to do it. It would be great fun and exercise.

Cataholic
04-21-2004, 05:53 PM
I thought to stop you either fell or turned off into the grass...I have given up all sports/activities that evoke feelings of fear...skiing, biking fast, rollerblading, camping...he he he

slleipnir
04-21-2004, 08:09 PM
....camping? O_o

My my catnip, you must live a sheltered life XD

hehe, jk. I'm probably not one to say that as I'm probably the worse there is..99.99973% of my time is on my comp, sleeping, or being on the comp...wait, did I say that already..