PDA

View Full Version : cat supervisory committee

wayne0214
12-20-2001, 08:02 AM
I have a few furkids who supervise practically everything I do outside, especially when I'm working in the garden. They love to watch me dig dirt, weed out the grass and then make it all smooth, and you know for what reason! Any digging done, whether to plant trees or do some other gardening, they must try out the soft dirt! It probably is redundant to ask if any others of you out there have the same reaction to clean, fresh dirt, from their furkids. :rolleyes:

Former User
12-20-2001, 08:18 AM
We can't dig outside since we live in an appartment, but I'm sure if we would, Casper and Kitty would do much more than supervice...

They do keep us an eye when we do things, for example when I'm cooking, Casper is always in the kitchen with me, making sure I do everything correct. They watch me brushing my teeth, doing dishes, cleaning (except vacuuming, then they dissapear FAST! :D ) and in the good old days when we allowed them to sleep with us (now they sleep in the bathroom, and love it!) they actually watched us sleeping! Now that was annoying, Kitty woke me up few times by staring at me...

Cougie Wechsler
12-20-2001, 08:26 AM
Wayne that is pretty funny and cute! My furkids are not allowed outside but when I am out there, they look out the windows. It s so cute to look at the windows and see them all staring at me!

wayne0214
12-20-2001, 09:45 AM
Yes, I also have one "body guard" kittie. Well, I shouldn't call him a kitty even though he is less than 1 year old. Namely, I speaking of Bear a 9-month old, 10 lb. black (going to be a large cat) DSH. He makes sure I'm operating this 'puter correctly and that I come out of the shower every afternoon! Also when I feed all of them in the evenings, he is usually of the last ones to eat, preferring instead to watch that I do that correctly also! :)

Bobbie
12-20-2001, 03:06 PM
Campino follows me around the house quite often. I think he watches me especially close when I'm cooking because I tend to be a little messy and he can usually find himself a snack. What I find really unnerving is when I am trying to go to the bathroom, he follows me in before I can get the door closed and sits there and watches me. :p I think it might be because he drinks out of the toilet :rolleyes:

AmberLee
12-20-2001, 04:52 PM
My supervisory committee particularly likes to perch on my back when I'm crouched over working on something -- scrubbing up a mess on the carpet or cleaning out a litter box. One of these days he'll leap when I'm not well balanced and we'll crash face downward in something uckky. :rolleyes: :o :( Nope, come to think of it, Cassy will leap off as I'm going down and probably be rating my landing. ["Good one-point landing in the sand, Mom. 5.8!!!"]

I was repotting some herbs in the kitchen the other day, it was just too bitter outside. Livvy supervised. Cassy joined right in ... "Hey, I didn't know you played in dirt, too, Mom. Try a little claw action to really get some distance in those throws!".

catwoman
12-20-2001, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Bobbie:
<STRONG>when I am trying to go to the bathroom, he follows me in before I can get the door closed and sits there and watches me</STRONG>

Bobbie, you close the bathroom door? How DARE you? ;)

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: catwoman ]

AmberLee
12-20-2001, 05:25 PM
Great point, catwoman.

I've given up on closing the door and usually spend much of my 'sitting time' fondling passing cats or tossing ping-pong balls. Don't ask...

When I have company who are unaware of 'the way things are done around here' :rolleyes: they are frequently surprised by the self-invited companions in that room. My young niece, as much as she loves cats, has learned how much she values privacy more. ;) Maybe I need to try training my fur-babies. [Hmm, maybe I better try keeping them off cabinets and tables, first...]

wayne0214
12-20-2001, 07:08 PM
Whenever I go into the bathroom, (it doesn't have a door because I took it off and replaced it with a blanket) and sit down on the comode, there won't be a cat in sight, but the moment I sit down (and it makes little difference how quiet I am), all the ones in the house come to visit me! Sometimes there may be as many as 8 furkids, and they all want attention. So I dole out as much as I can and toss empty toilet paper rolls at them to attempt to keep 'em busy. Both of my Siamese do much more than want attention, however. They climb upon the comode and try to see what is going on inside, with me sitting on it! I have to chase them off, for fear of one of them falling into it, after I get up.

........wayne

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: wayne0214 ]

C.C.'s Mom
12-21-2001, 08:28 AM
My 2 cats are both allowed to go out during the day. My garden isn't what people here call an English Garden, but more the works of a Golden Retriever pup with a fetish for digging. So the last thing I do, is taking care of it. But... both my neighbors have beautifully arranged flower beds. So when my neighbors work outside, my cats are usually to be found on the wall where they supervise. After my neighbors are ready, my cats start running in the dirt, throwing up little balls of it, rolling in it, and simply having the best time of their life.
So far the neighbors have done little complaining (except for telling me that the bird population was dropping drastically since we moved it last year)... The only complaint came from another neighbor telling me to replace some of the fishes from his pond as Eddy supervised their swimming and decided that some didn't do their job very well...

Rudie, my male cat, always supervises the bathroom.
Eddy is usually to be found in our attic room where the computers are. She has a very important job: walking over the keyboard to add some words.

And of course, they both supervise when we're eating and hope for a little snack while both sitting on a chair. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

catwoman
12-21-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee:
[QB]spend much of my 'sitting time' fondling passing cats[QB]

ROFL, AmberLee. You've described my bathroom time perfectly, too. Weezie can actually OPEN my bathroom door ... loves to surprise shy guests! :eek: :D

yorkster
12-26-2001, 03:53 PM
Speaking of supervising.......there was a lot of that going-on at my house just before Christmas, while I was decorating :rolleyes:
Their favorite thing to 'be a part of' was wrapping presents- that can get to be a challenge when kitties are laying on, walking on, and chewing on your wrapping paper,
and playing with the ribbon of course! :D

tuxluvr
12-26-2001, 07:47 PM
As Catwoman implied, NO CLOSED DOORS ALLOWED unless humans are on the visible side. Ritz has amassed enough girth to lean and open just about any partially latched bathroom door. When I shower, she typically sits on the toilet (lid down) and "watches".

She also has a special supervisory task in the kitchen. Whenever we grind beans for coffee, she watches and "discusses" every step. We have even come to carry on a two way conversation with her. "Mrrooww"..."Oh, too many beans?"....."Meeerrrooww"...."Now the water?"...

She adds so much to our lives!