PDA

View Full Version : Grrr--Need help with something!!!

DogLover9501
04-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Lately, on every website I go on, there are always some words that are underlined, if I click on the underlined word, it takes me to a Virus-Scan website, and about this software that I have to buy, but I don't have a virus because I have virus scanning software already.

I went to the control panel and to add/remove hardware, thinking maybe this downloaded on my computer, but its not there, but it won't stop.

Has this ever happened to anyone?? Or does anyone know what I can do??

EDIT: Also something else happens lately, everytime I go to a new page, the computer freezes for a few seconds :rolleyes: I really hate it, what is going on! :mad:

catnapper
04-20-2004, 10:13 AM
How old is your computer? I ask because on the newer computer you can restore the computer to an earlier time. You can do this back a few months or even a few hours... any work you have saved will still be there, but any new programs added between now and the previous time you're restoring the computer back to will be wiped away. This has saved me many many times.

DogLover9501
04-20-2004, 10:55 AM
My computer is only about 2 years old, how would I do that?

RedHedd
04-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Sounds like a web-site hijacking. That happened to my office PC a few weeks ago. The tech people had me install Ad-Aware which scans your PC for tracking software so you can safely delete it and reclaim your PC. Ad-Aware is free - you can download it from ZDnet.com's download site.

DogLover9501
04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
I have Ad-Aware and have for a while and I keep running it and delete whatever it finds but my computers still the same.

catnapper
04-20-2004, 02:56 PM
To see if you can restore your computer, go to start at the bottom, then to programs, then accessories, then system tools. It should be in the system tools section. If it is, just click on system restore and follow the prompts.

Good luck, I hope you have it. :)

DogLover9501
04-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Isn't there :(

catnapper
04-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Sorry. I tried. I don;t know what else to say. :(

slleipnir
04-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Do you know what it's called? You can always try going to start - seach- files or folders if youknow the name then type it in...

DogLover9501
04-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Yikes!!!! Something weirder has been happening. All the images/pictures on every website turn into this "Are you sick of pop-ups..yada yada", it covers every entire image, and I have to refresh and look fast enough before it comes back.

Help!

DogLover9501
04-21-2004, 10:23 AM
:o I fixed it

I clicked on one of the underlined words again, went to the virus scan site and went to the FAQ and it told me how to uninstall it:o