PDA

View Full Version : IT WAS THE COFFEE POT!!!

gini
02-22-2001, 10:48 AM
All of us have talked about our cats waking us up too early. Patches, the Calico is always on duty at 6:00 AM crying right into my ear to tell me that it is time to get up.

I have had the automatic coffee pot set for a start time of 6:00 AM. When the power went out and I had to reset the clock I decided to change the start time to 6:30 AM. I had never made the connection between the coffee pot and Patches wake-up calls. The next morning my wake-up call didn't come until 6:30 AM and it has been the same every morning since I changed the start time. The coffee brewing was waking up Patches and she took it as her duty to tell me about it.

------------------

wolflady
02-22-2001, 03:09 PM
Gini,
That is a great example of pavlov's experiment in progress!! Way cool how your cat associated the coffee pot with you getting up! At least you didn't have a hungry cat coming in at 6am thinking, now why isn't she up yet?? My cat comes in at 5am (that's when my husband gets up for work and gives them thier first scoop)...no matter what! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

------------------
"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." - English proverb

HowieDawn
02-24-2001, 10:37 AM
Well, I am glad that you have figured out what makes your cat get up at the crack of dawn. My little stink butt Molly, has to wake me up every morning at 4am on the dot. She jumps up on the bed, crawls up and starts licking me on the nose. She keeps doing it. I will pick her up, and put her in the floor and she does it again. I have even pulled the covers over my head and she will find a spot to get under the covers and then lick my nose under the covers. It drives me crazy GRRRR! She will not do this to my husband. We changed which side of the bed we sleep on one night, to see what she would do. He said that she crawled up to him, starred him in the face, stopped purring (as if to say, "you're not my kitty momma") and then went over to where i was and reved up her motor again and started licking my nose.

------------------
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails, Explore, Dream.
-Mark Twain