PDA

View Full Version : Guess who might be adding a new addition to their family within the next few weeks!!!

ChiRen
04-19-2004, 09:47 PM
ME!! :D :D

I had been looking online at Petfinder and some Illinois dog rescue sites and constantly sending pictures of the dogs I found to my parents' e-mail address. Well, on Friday after school I found two dogs that made my mom adored, one of which made her "heart skip a beat" ((her words exactly, lol)).

Today after school, my mom picked me up as usual but she said she had a few errands to run before we went home. Well, I wouldn't exactly call them errands...;)

We went to a shelter in our area that had the two dogs I had sent pictures of to my mom. We got to meet them both, and I'm in love with them both...while my mom adores one of them. I'm only going to post about one, because I think I have a pretty good shot with him right now. :D

I'm using pictures off the shelter's website, so I'm sorry if they aren't great. :p

This is Cameron...the dog my mom has absolutely fallen in love with.

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Animation1.gif

He's 4 months old, and a Lab/Shepherd/? mix. His adorable looks are one thing, but his personality is a whole new story. OMG, he has to be one of the sweetest, happiest dogs I've ever met. He has a smile that is just to die for...and his ears alone make me laugh.

I'd obviously love to adopt either one, but right now my mom is really leaning toward Cameron. How could anyone resist that adorable, happy little man? I'm almost crying right now I'm so excited. All we need is the "okay" from my dad...and right now, he is really considering it. My mom doesn't want me to get my hopes up, but she told me that he is really close to saying yes. I guess he is going into work late tomorrow so they can go see him again and so my dad can meet him.

Wish us luck!!!!! :D:D:D

GoldenRetrLuver
04-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Oh geez, not you too, Lauren. :rolleyes:
Just kidding! Good Luck! :) I hope my special puppy is out there too, somewhere..

Early Congratulations!

ChiRen
04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Oh geez, not you too, Lauren. :rolleyes:
Just kidding! Good Luck! :) I hope my special puppy is out there too, somewhere..

Early Congratulations!

:D:D

Thanks...but nothing's certain yet. :p

No worries Julie, I know you'll find that perfect dog for you and your girls. I promise. :D

Kater
04-19-2004, 10:07 PM
How exciting! :D
Cameron is a DOLL!!!! Soooo sweet!
Good luck tomorrow!
KEEP US UPDATED!

ChiRen
04-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Thanks Kater! And believe me, I will!!! lol

GoldenRetrLuver
04-19-2004, 10:29 PM
You know, this may just be me, but...Cameron looks like he has some Collie in him. I took a second look at the pictures, and saw a *little* bit of Molly in him. :p Either way, he's a CUTIE! :D

trayi52
04-19-2004, 10:54 PM
OMG, Cameron is just adorable. I love his ears, they are just too cute! I hope your dad goes for the idea. Maybe your mother will talk him into it. Good luck, I hope you get to bring Cameron home with you.

Willie:)

binka_nugget
04-19-2004, 10:58 PM
He reminds me of Cami for some reason. He's SO adorable! I really hope you get him! :D Good luck!

cloverfdx
04-20-2004, 01:01 AM
Ohhh goodluck :) Cameron is adorable.

I thought the same thing Binka, Cameron and Miz Cami do look very similar. :D

amoore
04-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Good luck on getting this pretty dog home with you and your mom. Keep us updated.:)

4 Dog Mother
04-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Cameron is a cutie! I hope your dad says yes!

EssTer
04-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Cameron is really cute dog! I really hope you'll get him and I wish you luck! Early congrats!

My Peanuts
04-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Oh YAY! I really hope you get Cameron. He's adorable!

ChiRen
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Well my mom and dad went back to see him this morning aaaaand.....my dad loved him!!! :D:D

They are going to sleep on it just to make sure this is the right decision, but if adopting him is still a "go" tomorrow my parents will be going to the shelter to fill out an application for him!! :D

Send some good thoughts this way please!! :)

bluekat
04-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Awww I'm so happy for you!:D Cameron is so cute, he reminds me of Cami too.
I'm sure you'll get him:) Early Congratulations!:D

anna_66
04-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Cameron is beautiful!

Good thoughts coming your way:D

Kater
04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
MORE exciting news! I'm so glad your Dad feels the same way about Cameron as you do!
I hope you are able to sleep tonight....despite your anticipation! ;)

GOOD THOUGHTS COMING YOUR WAY!!! :D

ChiRen
04-20-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks everyone! :D:D

BCBlondie
04-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Oooo how exciting!!!!!!!!:D :D :D Congratulations on your soon-to-be wonderful addition!!!:D I hope you get to get him!! ^_^

Uabassoon
04-21-2004, 12:27 AM
OMG good luck! I hope Cameron will be comming to live with you soon.

Tweety_Pie
04-21-2004, 06:52 AM
good luck! :D! Cameron is sooooo adorable!!!! I hope everthing works out! :D

cloverfdx
04-21-2004, 07:45 AM
That is great news that your Dad loved Cameron aswell :D Good luck vibes coming your way.

K9soul
04-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Cameron is beautiful! What a sweet sweet looking pup. I'm very excited and happy for you both! :D

ChiRen
04-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Well everything was a "go" this morning and my parents and I went after school to fill out the adoption application. If all goes well, we'll be taking him home with us within the next few days. :D

guster girl
04-21-2004, 09:34 PM
congratulations! Let us know when you get to bring him home! :)

ChiRen
04-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Houston...we have a problem.

Cameron won't be ours, after all. We got a call from the shelter today and apparently a family had applied for him a couple days ago. They were a "perfect fit" and so I guess Cameron will be going with them. I'm disappointed, but I'm sure he will be happy.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be. Although, I do have my parents looking for a dog. :) :)

The shelter did tell us that if the adoption doesn't work out for whatever reason, they'll give us a call.

Lissa
04-22-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm very sorry, what a disappointment! But now that you have them looking....;) Hope you find the pup for you!

bluekat
04-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Aww I'm so sorry to hear that:( Hopefully you'll find another dog soon:)

clara4457
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
I'm very sorry it didn't work out, but one good thing is having an approved application on file at the shelter. I tell people who come to our shelter to look at the dogs and cats, to fill out the application - get the approval and then when you find your "heart dog or cat", you can usually take him/her home that same day. Otherwise, if you have to wait the 2-3 days it takes for all the reference checks, that perfect dog could go home with another family.

There is another dog out there for you that will be the perfect fit for you and your family. Keep looking and you will find him or her. :)

Good Luck

ChiRen
04-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by clara4457
I'm very sorry it didn't work out, but one good thing is having an approved application on file at the shelter. I tell people who come to our shelter to look at the dogs and cats, to fill out the application - get the approval and then when you find your "heart dog or cat", you can usually take him/her home that same day. Otherwise, if you have to wait the 2-3 days it takes for all the reference checks, that perfect dog could go home with another family.

There is another dog out there for you that will be the perfect fit for you and your family. Keep looking and you will find him or her. :)

Good Luck

Thanks for the info. :) :D

cloverfdx
04-23-2004, 05:58 AM
I am sorry :(

BCBlondie
04-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ChiRen
Houston...we have a problem.

Cameron won't be ours, after all. We got a call from the shelter today and apparently a family had applied for him a couple days ago. They were a "perfect fit" and so I guess Cameron will be going with them. I'm disappointed, but I'm sure he will be happy.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be. Although, I do have my parents looking for a dog. :) :)

The shelter did tell us that if the adoption doesn't work out for whatever reason, they'll give us a call.

Arrgh!! That happened to me once too!! I used to volunteer for this rescue and there was this AWESOME BC mix that I wanted SOOOO bad!! And he got adopted and then brought back! I was like OMG he's meant to be my dog!! :D And my parents actually said yes!! :eek: So I emailed the rescue lady and she told me he had been put in a foster-to-adopt home... :( (and that was the last time I heard about him...so he must be in a good home now) But now I have my Seshy. :D Your future dog will come soon! Good luck!!! :)

ChiRen
04-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Arrgh!! That happened to me once too!! I used to volunteer for this rescue and there was this AWESOME BC mix that I wanted SOOOO bad!! And he got adopted and then brought back! I was like OMG he's meant to be my dog!! :D And my parents actually said yes!! :eek: So I emailed the rescue lady and she told me he had been put in a foster-to-adopt home... :( (and that was the last time I heard about him...so he must be in a good home now) But now I have my Seshy. :D Your future dog will come soon! Good luck!!! :)

Yep...I know how that feels. lol. :p

Thanks, I know we'll find that "right" dog sooner or later. ;)

amoore
04-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Awwww I am very sorry it did not work out. :(

Kater
04-24-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ChiRen
Thanks, I know we'll find that "right" dog sooner or later. ;)
I have no doubt in my mind that you will! I'm sorry it didn't work out with Cameron but please don't lose hope!

clara4457 has given you some great advice and if your shelter has this system in place then it might prevent this from happening to you again! But it will all work out in the end -waiting is just hard!!! :p