PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a favorite dog?

wolfie
04-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Just wondering if any of you have favorites out of your dogs. I noticed some people post pictures / talk about some of their dogs more than others, so I was just wondering.

Daphne is really my dog, so I feel more connected to her or something... Cocoa isn't really my dog anyway, she's my mom's dog, and is very bonded to my mom (and my grandma too). I still love Cocoa very much, but Daphne is my best friend.

Kfamr
04-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Nope. I love both of them equally.
Simba has been my boy forever.. and I never thought I'd love another dog as much as I do him... then Nala came along.

I probably post more pictures of Nala then I do Simba, well because Nala is more of an attention hog. Whenever I walk outside, she's RIGHT there. She's always following me whever I go, as to where Simba would rather lay outside in the sun.

I probably could say I feel closer to Simba, because i've had him for so long.. and we've been through so much together. But, it doesn't make me love/like Nala any less or chose favorite between them.

They're both my babie, and I couldn't ask for anythign better.

aly
04-19-2004, 04:55 PM
I love each of my dogs (and cats) in their own special way and couldn't imagine life without any one of them. I don't have a favorite, but love them for their unique qualities that no other animal in the world has.

I post more pictures of Reece because the camera sometimes freaks Lolly out ... plus she's black and much harder to get a good pic of. I actually probably take equal pictures, but just more of Reece tend to turn out.

DogLover9501
04-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Wiggles isn't mine at all lol she doesn't come around me much, she is completely my moms and she also doesn't do anything, she doesnt play or like treats, shes barely a dog:p

And Piddle I have the strongest connection with, Ive had him for almost 3 years, hes my baby, I remember the day we got him and how he used to follow me around, hes became my moms since we got Jasper and that kills me more and more everyday :(

And Jasper is my goof :p, he always makes me laugh, except when he makes me mad :rolleyes: lol but I love him so much, he seems to know how I feel, and even though he can be so stubborn and annoying, sometimes I just have to laugh at those things, he is my pain in the butt :p but he is also my baby, and I dont love him any less than I love Piddle, theres just more of a connection with Piddle.

And also YES I do post more pictures of Jasper(except for the most recent ones) but thats ONLY because PTers favor Jasper :p and when I post lots of pictures of them both, Piddle is usually left out of the replies ;) So thats why I lean towards Jasper most of the time, picture-wise.

Amber
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Nahh, I love my dogs equally.

But Katie was my first dog to ever come into my life. We have the most strongest connection. It's like we know what we are thinking.

Since Elvis came into my life, I hope for our realtionship to grow straonger just like how me and katies is.

But I love them too much to matter which i'v had first. They are my dogs, and I love them to peices.

binka_nugget
04-19-2004, 05:52 PM
I love both equally but I definately do feel closer to Kai. We have more of a bond because we've had him for much longer than Kaedyn. But things are starting to change.. Kaedyn's starting to stick to me like glue and he doesn't flinch when I pet his head anymore. :D I'm sure we'll have a solid bond just like the one I have with Kai really soon.

K9soul
04-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Both of mine are dear to me and I honestly don't think I could say I favored one above the other. Tasha is bonded so intensely with me above anyone else, dog or human, that I probably feel a bit more of a soul to soul connection, in that she reads me without fail, but as Tommy has matured he has made a deeper connection with me as well. There are times when I crave Tasha's protective watchfulness and devotion by my side, and times I really crave to throw my arms around Tommy and just cuddle with him.

I just cannot imagine my life without either one. As Aly put it so well, I love them both very much in their own special and unique way.

I also thought I would never love another dog the way I loved my RB Willie. In a way I was right, because each love is different, each bond is different, but my bonds now with Tasha and Tommy are just as strong in their own way as was my bond with Willie.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-19-2004, 06:33 PM
No, I love both of them equally.
Both Molly and Daisy have different personalities. Molly is more on the goofy side, as in she can always make me laugh, and Daisy's more layed back. I would definately say I have a stronger bond with Daisy, though. She's helped me with so much, and we've been through a lot together...but I still love them both with all my heart.

CathyBogart
04-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I truly do love both of my dogs, but Star is...well, I grew up with her. She's getting on in years a bit now, but she'll always be my most special. Wilbur is wonderful, and he keeps her young, but Star is still my favorite.

trayi52
04-19-2004, 11:07 PM
I love my dogs equally, I can't decide who I am closer to though. There are times its Buffy, and then Dana will do some weird something, like last night when I took her picture, she actually crossed her eyes at me. Whoa, that was a new trick. She just looked so darn cute, and she is so huge and thinks she is forever a lap dog.

Oh darn, I just love them all! And I am close to both of them. One in my lap, and one in the floor at my feet.

Willie:)

cloverfdx
04-20-2004, 12:57 AM
I would not say i have favourites, but i do have an unbreakable bond with Clover i have raised her from a tiny 6 week old pup and trained her she is my heart and soul. She is my fitness intructor, teacher, etc . :D

And Elvis is another story i an completly and uterly in love he is an awesome dog and so full of love and life i could not imagine life with out him. :D :p

Penny and Theo are pretty much my Mums dogs so the bond is not as strong as it is with C & E. But i love them all dearly.

4 Dog Mother
04-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Yes, Dazzi is my favorite because she listens so well, is so beautiful and loves curling up on my lap.

No, Jack is my favorite because he just loves to be loved. He comes up and demands to be petted and hugged. He is so handsome and quiet.

Hmm, no I think Snoopy is my favorite because he is so full of life. Joy would be a good way to describe Snoopy. Everything, everyone is a new found joy to him. He loves to be held and petted and thinks the world revolves around me.

But Taggert is such a cutie! All that hair curling in his face! He is so stubborn but so smart! I think Taggert is my favorite.

Oreo has been my dog for 14 1/2 years. She is ornery, but she loves me and follows me everywhere. I know my family will doubt this but I think Oreo is my favorite.

No, I don't think I have a favorite which is why I still have five dogs! Now that Carl is in Florida, five dogs can be a little overwhelming at times. I have thought about giving one or two away but I look at them and can't decide who should go so I guess they all stay - they are all number 1 in my eyes!

CountryWolf07
04-20-2004, 01:03 PM
No

I love both of my girls equally. I never thought I could do that, after my first dog, Benny.

ScoobyDoo-Doo
04-20-2004, 01:46 PM
I have 3 dogs and a Cat. However, the Cat (Ms.Thang)came first. I love my Scooby-Doo-doo and got him a pet named Shaggy. Dirtnap is the newest but the oldest. They are all my spoiled rotten boys except for the cat who is a girl. I try to spend equal time with all of them.
Scooby sleeps next to me like a cuddle bug, Shaggy sleeps on the other side or at my feet, and the cat cuddles at my neck. Dirtnap hasn't gotten up on the bed yet with his arthritis. Thank god because I am running out of body parts for them to cuddle with!!!
Scooby is the dominant dog and gets spoiled the most. They all are loved equally and each get special time and games with me. I love them all and one day hope to adopt another!

anna_66
04-20-2004, 06:15 PM
I have to say that all of them are my favorite, but in different ways.

I love how Angus comes up to me and rubs his head on me.
I love how Roxey lets me snuggle with her.
And I love how Huney is just always so darn sweet.

So again I say, I do have a favorite...Each one of them!

lovemyshiba
04-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Interesting question.

Kito is my favorite because he is so unique. Such an attitude in such a little dog. He's so picky about everything, and lets me know when he's not happy about something. Such a little devil too!!! He reminds me of me, and I think that's why I love him.

Abbey is my favorite because she is such a lovergirl!! Always with the kisses and the cuddles, and she listens so well too. She loves to curl up in her bed or on her couch downstairs, and never complains. She comes when I want her too, and knows when it's time to settle down. She always makes me feel good if I'm sad, because she's always there with a kiss or a hug for me.

Riley is my favorite because he is such a good dog, and so loving. Always gives me kisses, and loves to be near me. He is my velcro dog, always trying to find me, and not resting until he is right next to me. He has taught me to live life to the fullest--he gets so excited about every little thing, it's not a bad way to be. He's my baby, he's the only one we got as a little pup, and I am very proud of him for the wonderful dog he has become.

Jada is my favorite because she has taught me so much. My husband had rotties before, but I never did. I never imagined I would, yet I always loved them. I had the hardest time bonding with her, maybe because she was the last one to come live with us, but we are bonded forever now. She cares so much about us, and it shows in the way she acts.

I guess I don't really have a favorite, they're all special in there own way.:)

Blustang24
04-20-2004, 09:39 PM
I can say that I feel closer to Honey, but I don't favor her really over Jessie and Cleatus. I went through High School with Jessie and Cleatus so I've had them longer. I've had Jessie since she was 6 wks old and Cleatus since he was 5 months old and they will be 6 and 5 years old at the end of may and beginnging of june. I've had Honey since she was 4 months old and she will be 2 years old on may1. :) I love them all....but am closer to Honey just because she lives with me. :)