PDA

View Full Version : Shooting goes right for cat

Denyce
04-19-2004, 11:07 AM
I read this today in the paper. While I don't wish most people dead...well....seriously anyway....I still kind of feel that a justice was served here. :eek:

YORK, Pa. (AP) - A York County man who fatally shot his friend as the pair tried to shoot the friend's cat will serve less than two years in prison after under terms of a plea agreement.

Brian Robert Collins, 33, of Springettsbury Township pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment Thursday in the death of Troy M. Beard, a 30-year-old father of two.

The men were at Beard's house in Springfield Township on Nov. 29 when they tried to shoot the cat with a Marlin 30-30 rifle. The gun misfired as they stepped down from an outdoor deck, killing Boyles, authorities said.

Sentencing was postponed until May 24 so that Public Defender Bruce Blocher will have results of Collins' alcohol evaluation for the judge to consider.

Lori MacDonald, Beard's mother, declined comment about the plea on Friday.

She has previously said she did not want Collins charged, since it would not bring her son back.

catlady1945
04-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Morons! I don't wish this on anyone - but -- poetic justice?

RICHARD
04-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Shed a tear for the moron???

NOPE!

This makes up for the AH that beat his girlfriend's cat to death after the cat nipped him.

The story said the cat had his jaw broken on both sides, spine and tail broken.

lat192004
04-19-2004, 11:46 PM
What a story!I believe our society is losing it.