PDA

View Full Version : my kitten & my tree!

emjiluvcatz
12-08-2001, 02:38 PM
i have a 7 month old kitten named blossom & a 5 year old cat named kittie - kittie isnt the problem but blossom is! we got a christmas tree & i cant keep her away from it! she is either up under it or knocking the ornaments off - everytime i see her messing with it i get onto her but all she does is go up under the tree so i cant get her away from it!

yorkster
12-08-2001, 05:12 PM
Kittens and trees.......not the best combo. I have an 11 month old kitten, and I am not sure I should bother with a tree this year- just too tempting I think.
Good luck!

emjiluvcatz
12-08-2001, 07:22 PM
right when i brought the tree home she eyeballed it in a second! she loves running & playing with it but i am so afraid i will come home one day & the tree will be knocked over in the floor! but kittens are so cute its hard to get onto them :)

AvaJoy
12-09-2001, 07:16 PM
I, too, have a kitten that is about 11 months old so I will forego the all out big live tree thing this year. Too many sentimental, treasured ornaments that I'm not about to have broken to pieces. Debra has never climbed anywhere above couch level, so I don't want to give her the irresistible temptation of a full size Christmas tree. I have a table top artificial tree with unbreakable ornaments secured firmly to the branches so no harm can be done, and I will put it on the floor in front of the fireplace. It has a burlap "root ball" bottom, so if she knocks it over it will right itself like those inflatable punching bags. :cool:

yorkster
12-09-2001, 08:37 PM
Good idea Avajoy- maybe I will try something like that.

NoahsMommy
12-10-2001, 03:15 PM
Our squirt bottle works wonders....especially since they are in an ultra-sentitive state while exploring the "wilderness" (the tree). Noel runs away so fast from under that tree!! Just be careful that you don't squirt the tree with the lights plugged in... :eek:

BigCharles
12-11-2001, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy:
<STRONG>Just be careful that you don't squirt the tree with the lights plugged in...</STRONG>

Aww. Does kitty have a new name?

What name?

Sparky!

kgeorge
12-15-2001, 08:16 PM
Sundance is back to His Kitty tree climbing. My tree has a new look everyday, ornatments on the floor. I tried doubled sided sticky tape around the tree and tin foil. The tin foil worked pretty good kept him away but it was really tacky looking so I took it today because he now goes into the tree without stepping on the foil. I figured out he climbs the tree once a day and that's it. He is too big to climb down so all of a sudden you see this cat come popping out the middle of the tree. I also have 2 8 lb. weights on the base of the tree. My advice is to give up! These cute little critters will get around whatever you do. Good Luck. :)

4 feline house
12-15-2001, 08:23 PM
Hi, Kgeorge! Long time no see!

Our tree is going up late tonight when my son gets home from work. We didn't have a tree last year due to reasons other than the four cats, and the year before, even though three were kittens and one had probably never seen a Christmas tree before, there were only a few minor irritations, no real disasters.

So, we'll see!

Ila
12-15-2001, 09:44 PM
Misty for some reason likes the lights on the tree and goes under the tree and lays bellie up. She also like batting at the ornaments on the tree. Just the ones dangling on the bottom. That is a cat for you though. So I just put non breakable ones on the bottom and with the carpet they don't break. and I don't have to be screaming at her all the time. In a days time I am probably putting at least 2-4 ornaments back in place. She is not ruining anything so I am letting her have a good Christmas too. ;)

kgeorge
12-16-2001, 05:57 PM
Hi Leah S,

I haven't been on the board in awhile, busy with Christmas and work but I did miss posting and reading about the kitties. Hope everyone enjoys their holidays. So far Sudnance has been good witht the tree since I removed the tin foil,he likes to lay under it.

4 feline house
12-17-2001, 03:14 PM
Well, we put our tree up, but in order to do so I had to move a few things around. So I put the kittykups http://wsphotofews.excite.com/033/iC/fO/4G/B132164.jpg inside the basket http://wsphotofews.excite.com/022/ZS/HB/is/B145142.jpg and put it ontop of the chest. This was supposed to be only long enough to get the tree situated and then I would resituate the kups and the basket.

Well, I inadvertently combined three elements of a good kitty snoozer - high up, fluffy soft, and semi-enclosed.

The cats have been so delighted in their new snoozer they haven't even paid attention to the tree. In fact, I don't think Peaches has moved in three days! Which means it's still all assembled and still on the chest....

yumyum6970
12-28-2001, 11:18 AM
YumYum is my 8 month old himmie/siamese mix cat and she had never seen a christmas tree before till we bought one home..well guess what she did, yep she climed right up it. She would not climb the tree while we were at home but as soon as we were gone she would. we would fine ornaments on the floor everyday. Well last night we took the tree down but before we took it outside, my husband put yum yum in the tree apparantely it startled her and she came right down.

QUOTE]Originally posted by emjiluvcatz:
<STRONG>i have a 7 month old kitten named blossom & a 5 year old cat named kittie - kittie isnt the problem but blossom is! we got a christmas tree & i cant keep her away from it! she is either up under it or knocking the ornaments off - everytime i see her messing with it i get onto her but all she does is go up under the tree so i cant get her away from it!</STRONG>[/QUOTE]