PDA

View Full Version : Did you have a digital camera before or after PT?

Kfamr
04-18-2004, 03:26 PM
I was just thinking... before I joined PT years ago.. I didn't take as many pictures of the pups as I do now. I didn't even own a digital camera of my own. I used my aunt's.

I've gotten 2 digital cameras since being on PT.
I doubt I would have asked for one if I wasn't on PT.

Has anyone else done the same - or has PT influenced your digital camera purchases? ;)

primabella
04-18-2004, 03:36 PM
I got a digital camera a little less than a year after joining PT. I wanted one from the beginning but seeing all the cute pictures and how you could just put them up on the computer really influenced me to go for one. And I love mine now. I wish I had gotten one before Mickey because all I have are a few lower quality pictures of him as a pup. :(

But I'm lovin mine now. :D

neko1
04-18-2004, 03:39 PM
I got my digicam after I joined PT because I wanted to post pictures. Plus it's so much easier for me to print out my own pictures than have to go to the photo place. I love my digicam!:)

EssTer
04-18-2004, 03:46 PM
I was already joined PT when we got digitalcam.. Actually it is my dad's cam but sometimes I use it much more, that he LOL..:D

Dogz
04-18-2004, 03:46 PM
I have had numerous digital cameras since I have joined PT.

I didn't take as many pictures as I take now.

Barbara
04-18-2004, 03:53 PM
I bought my first camera ever - and a digicam- for being able to post on PT. And as I was not content with it (it was a Toshiba) I right now bought my second camera ever, a Canon Ixus ii which is much better. :D

Pam
04-18-2004, 03:56 PM
I had a digital camera before I joined Pet Talk. Actually my husband had it and then he got himself a new one so I got his "leftover." Since then he upgraded his camera again and I got his most recent "leftover." When I found PT it was the *icing on the cake* because now I could bore lots more people with my pictures than just family and friends. :p

aly
04-18-2004, 04:07 PM
NO ONE could ever be bored with the pics of your gorgeous kids, Pam!

Cookiebaker
04-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by aly
NO ONE could ever be bored with the pics of your gorgeous kids, Pam!

Ditto!!!!!

We had a digital camera before I joined PT, but honestly I didn't use it very much, didn't know how to download pictures, and didn't know how to post them to our website. Pettalk HAS changed all that!! ;)

Amber
04-18-2004, 04:25 PM
When I joined, I didnt have any. I use the kind that you can trow away. But now I do! :D

bluekat
04-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Before I joined PT we didn't own one. I hardly even took pictures. But after i joined I've been asking my dad for a long time to get one:p So now I have one and I love taking pics:D

anna_66
04-18-2004, 08:20 PM
I got my first digi cam shortly after joining PT, just had to be able to post pics of my babies:D

slleipnir
04-18-2004, 08:22 PM
I didn't have one before I joined. I don't remember exactly what made me want one lol

Aspen and Misty
04-18-2004, 08:24 PM
I got mine after I joined, I felt so left out when I didn't have one!

How about to celebrate we all post pictures of our pups!!!

Ash

Dogz
04-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I got my first digi cam shortly after joining PT, just had to be able to post pics of my babies:D

Yes you did, Anna! I can't imagine PT without pictures of Angus, Roxey, and Huney! :D

DogLover9501
04-18-2004, 10:42 PM
I am getting my digital camera next month, mostly to post lots more pictures here!

popcornbird
04-19-2004, 02:26 AM
I can't remember exactly WHEN we got our digital camera, but I know it was about 2 years ago. I believe we got it around the same time I joined PT........maybe a little before or after. Our camera is really my brother's, but he lets me use it whenever I want. In fact, I think I use it more than he does himself. :p He got the digital camera just because he wanted one, but I must say, if it wasn't for PT, I probably wouldn't take half as many pics as I do. I mostly take pics when I want to post them on PT. :p We haven't gotten another camera since I joined PT. I would like to get my own, but our camera has been great and we really don't *need to* invest in another one yet. Maybe someday I will have my own, but for now, my brother's is good enough.

ramanth
04-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Before PT, I didn't even have Kia. What pictures I took of the cats at my parents house was with a normal film camera. What pictures I did share with friends online I scanned in at the college I went too.

Right around the time I got my new job here at Cooley, is when I got Kia and then very soon after joined PT. I had a digi cam here at work that I could use for personal use.

When it was stolen :mad: , I finally decided to get my own digi cam. :) The threads and pictures here at PT helped me decide which camera was right for me. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
04-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Yes, and I can't imagine life without one! I sure am glad we got that camera!;)

Uabassoon
04-19-2004, 05:23 PM
PT totally influenced me to get a digital camera, I wanted to be able to post pictures of my babies like everyone else. But now I'm glad that I have one, I love it.

RedHedd
04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
No didn't have one when I joined PT although I had wanted one for a while. PT "forced" me to finally buy one. ;) I actually went through 2 or 3 before I found one that worked with my system and now I want a better one, however can't afford it right now. Between Mishi's kidney/vet bills and paying income taxes, I'm stuck with my oh-so-slow HP starter-digicam. Oh well, it's better than my old "snail" cam! :D Just have to remember to keep buying battiers! :rolleyes: :p