PDA

View Full Version : Pop Ups

jenfer
04-18-2004, 12:20 PM
I am very annoyed by the pop ups I have lately. I was in the living room for like an hour and when I am back there are like 30+ on my screen. I am not talking about the ones that you get when you open a website, but these are just regular random pop ups trying to see THINGS. Grrrrrrrrrr... :mad: :mad: Hate them. Anyone has that problem too? What should I do?

bluekat
04-18-2004, 12:24 PM
I hate pop ups too:mad: But my dad just installed this pop up stopper thing. Its great, now I don't get anymore popups:p I kind of forgot what its called though...lol.

Maybe you should install a popup stopper thing too.

jenfer
04-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah, if anyone knows where I can find one that would be great. It keep popping up when I am typing or just browsing. Very annoying.

trayi52
04-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Catnapper suggested Nortons Internet settings to me, and I installed that on my computer, and I have not had any popups at all. I love it! It also has an antivirus program on it too, and I didn't realize how many viruses was trying to invade my computer until I installed this program! In sites you would not even think about. No more spam in my mail either.

I don't think I could do without this program now, ever!

Willie

slleipnir
04-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Adaware is great. I use to get a TON of popups. It's from spyware and stuff I guess. Just dl that, it's free, and you should be good once you run it :)

There is spybot too, but I like Adaware more

http://www.lavasoft.de/ you can get it here

binka_nugget
04-18-2004, 02:08 PM
I use adaware and google's pop up stopper. I LOVE the google one. I rarely get pop ups anymore.

BCBlondie
04-18-2004, 10:51 PM
jenfer - you're not the only one with popup problems!! lol I have two popup stoppers installed and I STILL get popups! :mad: I will try those things some of you recommended.

jenfer
04-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Grrrrrrrrr... isn't that annoying. Mine are not the ones that "comes with" the website, but the other "messages" (or whatever they called it). I think I got at least like 100 today. :( I have downloaded the Google bar and so far it seems "fine". :rolleyes: