PDA

View Full Version : Question about Advantage

Kfamr
04-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I put Advantage on Simba and Nala today.

I have a question though -- would it hurt if either of them go it in their mouths?

They haven't, but Nala and Sim mouth at eachother and such while they're playing... and I wanted to make sure if it could be harmful or not.

I'm sure a small amount wouldn't hurt, but just to be safe...

Pam
04-17-2004, 08:18 PM
KayAnn I use Frontline which is similar to Advantage and I have worried about the same thing. What I have found works best is to put it on the dogs maybe right before bed when they are tired and not very active. :)

Blustang24
04-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I use Revolution which is applied the same way KayAnn...

I agree with Pam...I always put it on at night when they are least active. I also (have bee told this and do it) put it on 1 or 2 days after the bath....and don't bathe tuntil a week after it.

Kfamr
04-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks... they both got baths and I put it on when they dried.

I don't like putting it on unless they get a bath beforehand because then they get all dirty (you know how they are aobut laying in the dirt outside)

Ya think this is inactive enough? :p ;)
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v95/simnala/4-17_001.jpg

Dogz
04-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Simba and Nala are so adorable! Cute picture. :)

AngelZoo
04-18-2004, 08:10 AM
You don't want to have them licking the spot(s) where you applied it, if you have to, put it on right before bed, and keep them seperated while they sleep until it's dry in the morning. :)

It is not ment for oral use.

Also, do NOT put Advantage on 3 days before, or 3 days after giving them a bath, or it will not work as well, or at all. Bathing strips the oils from their skin, and it's the oils the advantage works with to spread through out their body.

KYS
04-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Well I was going to post but others beat me to it. lol

As Pam suggested, put it on when the dogs
are done playing for the night.