PDA

View Full Version : life vests for dogs

guster girl
04-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Hey, I'm hoping to introduce Finn to water soon, if it's not too cold, but, I wanted to get people's ideas on life vests. He's going to be four months old on the 24th. I know if I were to ever take him out on a boat in deep water for any amount of time at any point in his life, regardless of his swimming experience, I'd probably get one. But, for just learning in really shallow water, is it something I should get for him?

Shelteez2
04-17-2004, 08:32 PM
I don't think it would be necessary for just learning in shallow water, especially if you are in an area where you have easy access to the water. I don't know much about water loving breeds, but chances are at 4 months old he will just want to splash and play rather than swim. I can't picture a 4 month old pup being coordinated enough to swim (again this is coming from a non water loving breed lover...LOL).

But for the boat I think it is a good idea. Emily has a life jacket that I got for her when we had a boat. If we ever get a boat again in the future then Clipse will get one too.