PDA

View Full Version : FLowers Are Planted

Craftlady
04-17-2004, 06:01 PM
As promised, I have first photos of plantings that I did today for Butterscotchs Memorial Garden area.

Everything planted will come up yearly in the spring. :)

I planted alternating (red and pink) Dianthus, which you'll see in neat measured rows. :) They will get 4 to 10 inches tall and spread width wise.

At the foot of the planting box, I planted two Tickseed (sterntaler) Which are gold flowerf with center fing of deep burgundy. They will get 16 inches tall.

http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Kids/test1.jpg

sirrahbed
04-17-2004, 06:08 PM
That is absolutely beautiful! Dianthus is a favorite of mine but did not know they came as perennials!! I always get annual cottage pinks but will be sure to get perennials this time. That garden is going to grow more beautiful day by day!!! What does the marker stone say?? Can you see this memorial easily from your house? Where is it in relation to your house? I just think it is a lovely idea and wish I had one too! So much love and work you have put into it!!!

Craftlady
04-17-2004, 06:09 PM
That's his headstone, it has Butterscotch below 2004
The garden is on the side of our house. I just turn in my chair here at the computer and look out the window and I can see it.

lizbud
04-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Craftlady,

I think it's a wonderful idea & will make a beautiful Memorial
Garden. If you can, will you show us a picture again when it's
all in bloom ? Great job.:)

Craftlady
04-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Lizbud,
No problem. I can give progress photos ;)

slick
04-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Oh brother, here come the tears again!!!!!:( :(

That garden is sooo beautiful and I know that Butterscotch is watching over you and purrrrrrring with delight at what you've done. I can hardly wait to see it in bloom.

Felicia's Mom
04-17-2004, 09:26 PM
That is beautiful.:) :)

catmandu
04-18-2004, 01:16 PM
That is a woderful tribute, to a wonderful Cat! And I am sre that that Butterscoch appreciates the thought!