PDA

View Full Version : I need positive PT thoughts!

davidpizzica
04-17-2004, 05:02 PM
I'll be getting a series of injections in my left knee (arthritis).The doc said that if these don?'work, I'll have to have my knee replaced! The thought of it scares me. Any thoughts welcome!

Tonya
04-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming from California!

Also, I am sure you've tried lots of things to help with the pain, but I just want to suggest Celebrex. I have alot of problems with my shoulder and it's the best medication that I have come across.

davidpizzica
04-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. The medicine that I'm going to get is called SUPART. Has anyone heard of it?

slick
04-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Gosh I have not had any experience with this at all. Sorry but all I can do is send my positive vibes your way and pray that an op is not necessary. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Karen
04-17-2004, 06:01 PM
My friend Harry is getting his knee replaced Tuesday. I've known others who have had it done who were quite happy with the end results, but admit the surgery itself is painful.

shais_mom
04-17-2004, 10:54 PM
My dad had his knee replaced 13 years ago due to a traumatic injury. Of course he does everything that he ISN'T supposed to do. :rolleyes: But you can't tell him what to do. Just recently he went in and had the padding b/n the joint replaced and is slowly getting back up to par.
Have you had the synvisc injections? Is that what they are doing?
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you.

Miss Meow
04-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Sending lots of positive thoughts.

I hope you can find alternatives to surgery to help your arthritis. Is it corizone that you're getting injected?

Albea
04-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Best wishes for the injections to work.
I had total knee replacement two years ago and I'm still in pain because some of the nerves cut during surgery have not regenerated. This not something any surgeon can forsee. I had a second opinion from a very well respected orthopedic surgeon (but then, so was the one who performed the surgery) and the answer is always the same: "Sometimes the nerves regenerate quickly, sometimes they don't regenerate at all; it all depends on the individual."
Before the surgery I took Celebrex and Vioxx.
Whatever you do, I hope you can get rid of the pain. I know only too well how badly arthritis can make you feel.

trayi52
04-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Positive thoughts coming your way, David. I hope the injections work and you will be able to skip the surgery.

Willie

davidpizzica
04-18-2004, 03:19 PM
I want to thank everyone at PT for their kind thoughts and encouagement. I am a litte less nervous about it than I was before. BTW the injections I'm going to get are called SUPART I think it is a stronger cortizone. I'll let you know how I'm doing!;) ;)

ChrisH
04-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Chris

bluekat
04-18-2004, 05:52 PM
I'll be sending positive thoughts too:) Hope everything goes well:)

davidpizzica
04-19-2004, 01:31 AM
I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!

rg_girlca
04-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that all goes well and (((((HUGS))))) for support.

Felicia's Mom
04-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Prayers and best wishes coming to you.

lynnestankard
04-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Positive thoughts winging over to you David - I hope the medication works. Fingers crossed.

If you do have to endure 'Sir Jury' I hope things go as well as they did for my friend - she's had both knees done and wonders how she existed before!! Good Luck.

Lynne

davidpizzica
04-19-2004, 03:37 PM
I guess waiting for it to happen is a little worse than actually having it happen. Tommorrow I start taking the shots.

RedHedd
04-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Positive thoughts that the shots help. I had cortisone shots in my knees several years ago and haven't needed more (yet) :rolleyes: A friend of mine just had a knee replacement and she's up and walking already! She said the newer techniques are making it so much easier for her. Good luck to you - hope the shots work and you don't need the surgery.

krazyaboutkatz
04-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Positive thoughts are being sent your way. Good luck with the shots and please keep us updated.:)

davidpizzica
04-20-2004, 01:41 AM
You bet I will!! I'll try to keep everyone posted on my progress. ;) ;)

gini
04-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I would also like to add my positive thoughts that the shots do the trick and that you can avoid surgery.

However, I have heard of several surgeries that have been highly successful.

Being in constant pain is just no fun. Please keep us updated.

davidpizzica
04-20-2004, 05:47 PM
I just had my first shot today, so it"s too early to tell, but I am hopeful that they will be effective. I'll let you know about an new developments. ( I'm getting tired of limping around )lol lol