PDA

View Full Version : Cat Dictionary

sirrahbed
04-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi all,
I had such fun reading all through the PT Words That Make You Smile (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15991) thread that I thought I would compile a little dictionary of sorts in the thread. Well, I kept having to go back so often to keep it current that I figure why not make it semi official and put it here:D The original is still up there and well worth reading through when you need the laughs!!!
PT Cat Dictionary of FURMINOLOGY

ape s**t - as in "going ape s**t -episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed - see*below

airplane ears - aka yoda ears - those funny pulled back ears that show kitty is NOT very happy!

brushtomer: this is someone waiting on the brushing table for his daily brushing and massage

bundle foot - aka 'tortellini with a stem' - curled up posture in which all four paws are extended and neatly stacked

buttbath - just the essentials:D

bits, cookies, equipment - testicles:D

cat Pilates - essentially any pretzel type posture that usually involves cleaning hard to reach areas

cattitude - what cats have

cat fit - see* below

clingon - those little hangers that don't seem to make it into the litter box

dingle, dingleberry - see 'clingon' above

doily kitty - long haired kitty gracefully draped - usually on the back of a sofa

elevator butt - touch butt/will rise -who knows why they do this??:eek:

"fingers and paws crossed" - gesture of PT support and love

fluffy - a euphemism for ...uh...well...plush, Ruebenesque

flyby - racing through room at top speed for no apparent reason, often a group activity in multiple kitty homes, see *below

forever or furrever home (love this one!) - a real home that all kitties deserve

full sweep - this is the extreme affectionate gesture - beginning with a headbumpie, followed by a tooth rub, full body sweep and topped off with the one eyed salute.

furrkid and skinkid - self explanatory unless you have a hairy skinkid I guess

grandmeowmie - a cat mommy or cat daddy's mommy, of course

happy feet: same as making biscuits. Or disco feet for the cat still stuck in the '70's.

headbumpies - bumping heads - a sign of affection

hooman - a cat mommy or daddy with skin on

huffing - sniffing freshly licked and sunwarmed kitty fur :D

kitty cakes - same as pee biscuits, only larger *edited:D

kitty kisses - that sleepy looking blink of the eyes that sends a "kiss"

lap fungus:D - a kitty growth on your lap!! AH!!:D

making bread or making biscuits - that cute kneading motion the kitties make with their paws when they are contented

meatloaf or loaf of bread (for vegetarians:D ) paws tucked in, also known as parade float pose

meowmie - a cat mommy

meezer - a Siamese

muffin - aka 'lovemuffin', a sweet, affectionate kitty

one eye salute - that's when they get up in your face, giving you lots of love and kisses and head bumps and suddenly present the other end, tail raised to attention, for close inspection. You just got the one-eye salute

pee biscuits - clump of pee in the catbox

pip-flip - jumping and flipping off the wall.

plush - see fluffy

projectile pee - when you can hear the pee hit the side of the box and trickle down. Eeeeeewwwwwww.....

PT'er - an addiction, quite harmless, you probably are one if you are reading this, go huff your furrkid

purrgasmic - a blissfully purring kitty

Richard - aka RICHARD!!! amusing and easily amused PT member. known for pithy comments and wry humor.

RB or Rainbow Bridge - where our kitties go to wait for us when they are done on earth

scooterbug - litle baby kitties scooting around!!

scritches - essentially a scratch - but obviously better because it must also scratch an itch:D and feels SOOO good to kitty

squeak freak - episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed. (similar to ape s**t above) but involves a loud squeaking noise, I believe. also see * below

tea-cozy: similar to meatloaf pose, but on the kitchen counter where one would have a tea cozy cover for your tea pot!

telescope kitty - kitty stretches l o n g - usually for a treat!

tits-up - that's when they are lying upside down with full belly exposed

toe jammin' - same as toe crunching. Basically working on that toe jam between the toes!

tortitude - what tortie cats have an extra dose of cattitude

tortellini - the round curled up posture my cats cannot do because they are too fluffy

toothrubs - when kitty rubs his cheeks on you to mark and you get jabbed by a tooth!

velcro kitty - lovey-dovey attached kitty - often when the hooman has been gone awhile

white coats - vet

wideload - rear view of a plush meatloaf

yoda ears - aka airplane ears - those funny pulled back ears that show kitty is NOT very happy!

*catfit - this one seems to have many variations. collectively, it involves an episode of completely losing it and racing through rooms at top speed for no apparent reason, often a group activity in multiple kitty homes. It is aka storm of the Mongole hordes, couch-cat pinball, nine-o'clock crazies, herd of turtles, Random Cat Outburst (RCO), thundering herd of cat, squeak freak, flyby, flying fluffies, and going ape s**t.

RedHedd
04-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Well done! I call "cat-fits" the flying-fluffies :D as they usually look like they're flying as they bound all over my apartment, especially when they spring from the bed and sail about 4' off the floor! :eek: :D to take the mad dash down the long hallway.

sirrahbed
04-17-2004, 08:39 PM
hey all - if you know more "furminology" that I left out - how about just edit copying the whole dictionary into a REPLY (not a QUOTE) - doing an edit-paste and then adding in it? Then I can quit feeling like I have to keep editing:D I tend to be neurotic about these things:rolleyes:

catmandu
04-18-2004, 01:11 PM
notthatagain , when they turn up thier noses at The Food , that previously , they were wolfing down , after you commit , to a Fourty Dollar , 20 Pound Bag!!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks Debbie. This is a great idea.:) Then if any one thinks of a new word they can just add it here.:)

BastetsMum
04-19-2004, 05:31 AM
What about:

Purrgasmic

Purrgasm :)

IttyBittyKitty
04-19-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Hi all,
I had such fun reading all through the PT Words That Make You Smile (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15991) thread that I thought I would compile a little dictionary of sorts in the thread. Well, I kept having to go back so often to keep it current that I figure why not make it semi official and put it here:D The original is still up there and well worth reading through when you need the laughs!!!
PT Cat Dictionary of FURMINOLOGY

ape s**t - as in "going ape s**t -episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed - see*below

*catfit - this one seems to have many variations. collectively, it involves an episode of completely losing it and racing through rooms at top speed for no apparent reason, often a group activity in multiple kitty homes. It is aka storm of the Mongole hordes, couch-cat pinball, nine-o'clock crazies, herd of turtles, Random Cat Outburst (RCO), thundering herd of cat, squeak freak, flyby, flying fluffies, and going ape s**t.

I know this one well. Both my cats are afflicted by it, especially Randi. He'll be calm as anything one minute, but WHAM!! He will start tearing around the house at top speed, knocking over any stray vases, tables and humans that get in his way.

sirrahbed
04-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by BastetsMum
What about:

Purrgasmic

Purrgasm :)

:o What is it?

I would guess an ecstatic or happy and relaxed kitty?:D
If anyone knows - could you editcopy/edit paste the dictionary and enter the new word??

BastetsMum
04-19-2004, 10:55 AM
*laughs* I can't remember what the topic was about but I think it had to do with a very happy kitty :D

RedHedd
04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Yes, Purr-gasm is a word I coined when a cat purrs to the point of ..... gasm :D Some cats even drool with they have purrgasms .... the things one learns on PT!

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Yes, Purr-gasm is a word I coined when a cat purrs to the point of ..... gasm :D Some cats even drool with they have purrgasms .... the things one learns on PT! My RB Pepper was a very heavy purrer and drooler. This is the first time that I've heard this word though.

BastetsMum
04-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Thats IT! Thanks RedHedd!

Purr-gasmic is when a cat purrs for no apparent reason....

*Bastet has a toy that is purrgasmic*

RICHARD
04-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BastetsMum

*Bastet has a toy that is purrgasmic*

What?
No 'multiple purrgasms'??

:D