PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Lamps

kgeorge
02-17-2001, 06:41 PM
Anyone else had the experience of their cat kncoking over a lamp. My sweet little Sundace got real rowdy this morning and toppled over a pretty large lamp, it didn't break but I had to rebend some of the metal on it. He is really good most of the times.

Logan
02-17-2001, 07:36 PM
Know what?? Mimi has never broken anything in the 11 years I have had her. But..... (isn't there always a "but"?), Butter, the new male, who is very curious, broke something his second day in the house. He knocked over a chamber lamp I had on the end table and the glass shattered. He also thinks he is a goat and no paper (even my work) is safe. He loves to rip it up. Found someone's financial statement chewed up on the floor of my office this afternoon as a matter of fact. How will I explain that one? http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif

4 feline house
02-19-2001, 08:25 PM
My goonies are forever knocking over my lamps, because when they are chasing each other they somehow think they have to dive over the end tables to do it. I recently decided, after changing bulbs yet again and noticing one of the shades has suffered damage, to go with a floor lamp and/or a light kit on the ceiling fan.

kgeorge
02-20-2001, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the fire advice, if I am not in the room or am leaving the house, I turn the lights off and leave only the kitchen and dining room lights on (they are in the ceiling). Thanks again.