PDA

View Full Version : my furkids are active

wayne0214
12-05-2001, 08:02 AM
My kittens have been on a playful rampage for the last 2 days. It seems like they will not run down, nor sleep much. They have been playing all night with various items in the house, and particularly, "cat-hockey", and they are still at it this morning. Just turned on some classical music, and this appears to help. Are any of you having the same problems?

Former User
12-05-2001, 08:08 AM
how old are your furkids? When Casper and Kitty were younger (oh, they're so old now :D ,almost 7 months), we had the same thing going on here, they just kept playing like maniacs, night and day. They did sleep a bit though, but mostly they played.
Don't worry, when they're tired enough, they'll sleep and you have a nice and peaceful house (yeah, as if that's possible with cats around :rolleyes: ). How many cats you have?

wayne0214
12-05-2001, 08:56 AM
C&K, I have 14 kitties, of which 5 are kittens. (About half of them prefer to stay outdoors) The oldest playful one, (Cookie) a blue/brown mix DSH is about 6 months old, and the youngest is a recently-adopted lynx-point white Siamese, (Snow Tiger) who is about 3 1/2 months old. The other kittens are Jumper, (a black Abyssinain mix), Snow Cat, a white flame point Siamese, Orphan, a black DSH, and a miniature cat, (Fawn).

......wayne

Former User
12-05-2001, 09:00 AM
OMG!!!!! 14 cats??????? How on earth can you handle all of them??? My godness, must be a riot at your place all the time! How many litter boxes do you have :D :D :eek:

wayne0214
12-05-2001, 07:26 PM
C 7 K; although there are plenty if cats around here, the biggest problem (expense)is feeding all of them. But it is fun to watch them gang up on the outside/access window/door while I'm preparing their special evening meal. However, the only ones who stay indoors most of the day are my two Siamese, and the 3 other mentioned kittens. Yet, I have found there are 4 females that also like to stay in during these cooler, darker days and nights; Princess, Bright Eyes, Mackerella (a mackerel spotted tabby), and Bluzette(an all-blue Abyssinian mix). It is also dangerous out here at night because of loose dogs and coyote raids. My outdoor furkids all have carpet-lined boxes on the roof, under the eaves, and in-side the work shed for sleeping and protection. Oh yes, I keep two litter boxes inside. They are used mainly at night when I have my nighttime furkids in the house, otherwise they go outside.

..........wayne

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: wayne0214 ]

wayne0214
12-09-2001, 06:00 AM
After reading this post again this morning,(12/9) it is realized that my playful kitties were responding to Lunar/Solar influences. There was a Solar conjunction to the planet Pluto,(indicating a "time of entrapreneuralship" and an inability to sleep) while the Moon was also coming into an exact aspect simultaneously. This isn't the first time I have noticed this type of bahavior. When I took Snow Cat to the vet last Monday, because he was lethargic, there was a Solar/Lunar aspect to Saturn which also affects people with lethargy, depression, and an inabiltiy to make things work. My Snow Cat was also responding to the same influences! After the positioning began to break up (Tuesday), then he started playing as normal.

lbaker
12-09-2001, 08:48 AM
um, yeah...right.....ain't nothin but a cat thing.
laurie

I_love_cats
06-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Yes I have a problem with my latest cat I adopted, he is all declawed and has broken foot. He is sure active and playful and never stops playing and eating. He sleep very often. He is part tabby maybe he is a pixi bob and they are wild cats. When we are all sleeping, that is when he is very active. He tries very hard to bug my others so he can play with.