PDA

View Full Version : Cat Rescues?

Martin
02-16-2001, 03:47 AM
Has anyone ever had to rescue a cat from a roof or from up a tree? or call the Fire Brigade? What other predicaments have they got themselves into?

wolflady
02-26-2001, 11:13 AM
I remember when I was probably in elementary school...or junior high, my family's cat somehow got up onto our roof and couldn't get down! My parents sent me out their upstairs bathroom window to retrieve the cat from the roof....

Another time, a neighborhood stray was stuck up in a tree (we later adopted her into our home). My sister climbed up the tree to get the cat down. She was scared and ended up scratching my sister in the face (lip) where she had to get a butterfly bandage put on to avoid scarring and possible stitches...Ouch! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif

4 feline house
02-26-2001, 11:38 PM
My cat, Toot, a loud-mouthed orange toot (at the rainbow bridge now) climbed on the roof in the middle of the night and yowled because he couldn't figure out how to get back down. If that wasn't bad enough, he did this when we had been in our new apartment less than a week. Nice way to let all your new neighbors know you've arrived, huh? Not only that, I hadn't yet reported that I had pets - I couldn't afford to put down the pet deposit on the new apartment until I got the deposit back from the old apartment! I kept trying to coax him over the the closest large tree, but he didn't like the look of the leap he would have to make, and kept running back to the end of the building where our apartment was, yowling the whole time. At one point, he even got up on someone's chimney and started screaming down it! I just knew the police were going to be called, and I'd be evicted for disturbing the peace and concealing a pet! I finally gave up, exasperated, figuring out how I could refuse to acknowledge that he was my cat, when he finally make the jump and followed me home, still yowling, like it had been my fault he was up there!