PDA

View Full Version : Pee-biscuit inquiry

sirrahbed
04-16-2004, 08:35 AM
There I was this morning...scooping away and pondering...where else can I ask such a question but here at PT?? How many and what size are your kitty's pee biscuits?? It seems that mine leave about two per day along with one poo each:o But the difference in size is what has me puzzled. MOST of the biscuits are uniformly golfball sized - but somebody leaves some that are as big as my fist:eek: Is this normal?? Maybe somebody just has a big bladder and this is what comes out -maybe from an overnighter? Then again - Eliot is 8 pounds while Dylan is over 15 pounds - could that be it??
OK guys - how many and how big are your kitty's pee-biscuits??

I know - this post is brought to you by the buttbath manual author and world-wide toilet reporter, any association with Sirrahsim is purely accidental :cool:

Barbara
04-16-2004, 08:38 AM
I have no idea how much this depends on the litter you use but here there are at least 2 per cat and day and more the size of a fist although there can be additional golfballs:D :D :D

I was very curious to learn what a pee-biscuit is- some time we will have to revive the PT dictionary thread ;)

nibblets
04-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Miss Julie drinks a lot of water (a good thing) and she also makes good sized 'kitty cakes', about the size of a lemon. She pees 3 or 4 times a day and poos once, sometimes twice a day (though the second poo is generally small).

She eats only her dry food. She will not eat kitty treats, wet food
or people food.

I've noticed she has a funny little habit- after she uses her litter box and covers her stuff, she will stand up in the box and scratch at the wall next to her box to add that last little cover to it. Her second box is in a small bathroom and she will scratch her paw on the toilet lid the same way. Such a thorough cover upper!

Heehee...the things we talk about on PT!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
I was very curious to learn what a pee-biscuit is- some time we will have to revive the PT dictionary thread ;)

I agree Barbara. I was thinking it was some sort of new treat for the kitties. :p :rolleyes: :D

And since our roving PT toilet reporter has asked....Peanut leaves nice neat little golf balls, Tubby leave floods! Which I supposed could be interpreted as fist size, except that they're just all over the place like a flood, not in a nice neat little ball. :rolleyes:

OK, this next part is probably more than you wanted to know, but here goes. One time awhile back when I was in one of my apartments and the litterbox was in the bathroom, Tubby and I entered the bathroom at the same time. Since Tubby had no pants to pull unzipper or pull down, he was in the litterbox peeing before I sat down. So I before you know it, I'm done and up and out of the bathroom and Tubby is still peeing! And not little dribbles or anything either. It was as if he had been kept away from his litterbox for hours upon hours upon hours and the flood gates had opened! :eek: This was back before scoopable litter, so I guess I had never realized how he peed, and this was quite the eye opener for me. :eek: :o :D

catmandu
04-16-2004, 09:03 AM
You areright , I think it depends , on the size , of the Cats! Dianes are small , while MOOSES ARE MOOSE SIZED , like the whopper , it takes Both Hands!

Vio&Juni
04-16-2004, 09:35 AM
Ok, we have both sizes and I know how to distribute them :)

Juni is a princess, her stuff never smells and is of normal size. Pichu's stinks and he floods, half of the litter is wet :)

slick
04-16-2004, 09:40 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!! Oh my God, where else but on Pet Talk can we discuss our pet's toilet habits??? What's next, talk about our own????

Oh wait a minute, we've done that in that silly BM thread a while back :D :D

I politely refrain from posting about Max and Speckles. They get easily embarrassed.:o ;)

Edwina's Secretary
04-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Eddie is the eliminatingest cat ever! His are definitely pee-cakes and not pee-biscuits!

The more refined Edwina does not eliminate with such vigor.

Last Saturday when we needed to take a sample for her vet visit (:p ) I knew which poop was hers. Now THAT is knowing your cats!

sirrahbed
04-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
The more refined Edwina does not eliminate with such vigor.

...hmm.yes...now i think I am beginning to understand ...it is a matter of physics....the fist sized biscuits... or 'cakes' appear so large partially because of the vigor behind the production. They are not neat and tidy like the golfballs. They have a concave top, which makes them more like large pee-bowls, rather than *biscuits*, which are obviously produced by a more evenly produced source of distribution such as the more refined Miss Emily.

YOO HOO! Melissa - are you with us dear? :D

catcrazylady
04-16-2004, 12:48 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! Good Grief!!!! What will be next???!!:D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Leroy and Sammy pee a flood everytime they go. Pepper Jack exerts a lot of force because his will have a hole all the way down through the middle of his biscuit.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif The rest of the crew seems to just be fairly average with the girls seeming to have smaller biscuits than the boys. Except for Pete! Pete seems to be a dribbler. He goes in small amounts but often.

As long as we are on the bathroom discussion here is a funny Leroy story.
Our back door is through the utility room which is where the litter boxes are kept. Everyday, right on schedule, Leroy is right in the middle of taking a big poo when we walk in the door from work. We are greeted with that unpleasant aroma every day of the week! After the time change it took him about a week to get right back on track. Now here's my theory on this whole thing. Hubby gets so irritated by this that I have to laugh! We walk in the door with Leroys face peering out of the litter box and that smell just hits you immediately. Hubby immediately pulls his shirt up over his nose and gripes all the way to the other end of the house!! I can just see the HUGE grin on Leroys face everytime this happens!!! I think this is a daily gift for his daddy!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

edit: If we are late he will hold it until the car pulls in the driveway. I think this validates my theory!!

Nomilynn
04-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Bassett has HUUUUGE pee biscuits. She always has. Sometimes she covers them, somtimes not. Almost always I can hear it hit the side of the box anf trickle down.. she has projectile pee.

Tilly and Nutmeg have about the same size biscuits. They are anywhere from golfball size to about the width of the palm of my hand.

As for poop, I have no clue whos is whos, unless it's fresh.. Tilly is STIIIINNNKKY!!!!!! :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
she has projectile pee.

Ok, I'm off the PT dictionary thread to add this one! :eek: :D :D

Good lord what we won't discuss here. ;) :D :D

But the really sad part about it is, we all understand exactly what the others are talking about. Most of it is a "been there done that" sort of thing so we can all relate. :rolleyes: :D

sirrahved
04-16-2004, 01:14 PM
To think... I MARRIED INTO this family :rolleyes: ;) :D Love you mom!

sirrahbed
04-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
To think... I MARRIED INTO this family :rolleyes: ;) :D Love you mom!
I love you too, sweetie:D You and Jason are like two peas in a pod. Admit it, you ARE one of us. Now....tell the nice PT people all about Marsha and Pickles' pee biscuits....

RICHARD
04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Barbara

Pee Biscuit-Noun-

Failed brother of the famous race horse, Sea Biscuit. He never achieved the status of his
famous brother and after his failed attempt at racing he retired to pulling children's wagons at state fairs. Is said to have inspired the line,
"I have to pee like a race horse..."

;)

sirrahbed
04-16-2004, 02:05 PM
RICHARD!!!
Can't you ever be serious? Can't you tell this is a serious thread??:rolleyes:

Logan
04-16-2004, 02:15 PM
I am grateful at times that my "boy", Butter, goes outside......today is one of those days!!!! :p

Mimi is very graceful in her "pee biscuit" and other deposits to the litter box. Now if we could just get Helen to do a better job cleaning up after her, all would be right. :p

RICHARD
04-16-2004, 02:17 PM
WHAT?

How can you expect me to be serious when people are sizing up pee-biscuits as, "the size of a golf ball" or "the size of my palm"?????

And then the little jokes like "two peas in a pod"..

There is a Burger King across the street from work and I will never be able to eat a Whopper again....

:eek: ;)

neko1
04-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Neko is the biggest cat we have (he's 12 pounds) and his pees are huge-even bigger than my fist. You're lucky if you can get one to fit on a huge pooper scooper!

The others are pretty normal....although they are all bigger than golf balls (i wish they had tiny little golf ball pees....it would be so much easier to clean:o )

slick
04-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
There is a Burger King across the street from work and I will never be able to eat a Whopper again....

:eek: ;)

I'll never be able to eat peas or biscuits again without laughing and spitting up........

RICHARD
04-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by slick
I'll never be able to eat peas or biscuits again without laughing and spitting up........

I just came back from lunch.....I had a whopper!!

Thanks Catmandu!:D

Can we change the name from Pee Biscuit to
Pee Puck???:confused:

Sirrahsim
04-16-2004, 05:57 PM
i just don't know what to say... you are a sirrah to? it's purely coincidental:D :D butt, while we are on the subject, Boomer's pee biscuits (or pucks) are little floods. We have a very large litter box for my sweet lil' monster and one trip the kitty toilet can fill up an entire corner. At least I know that he uses his $40 water purifier!:D

Nomilynn
04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I have a question...

What do we call the pee biscuits that come out the shape of a triangle because the projectile pee was projected in the corner of the box? That's what Bassett's usually are.. hmmm...

:D :D :D

sirrahbed
04-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I have a question...What do we call the pee biscuits that come out the shape of a triangle because the projectile pee was projected in the corner of the box?

:D pee scones

slick
04-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Oh My God, I just spit all over my keyboard. Stop it you guys. :D :D :D :D

Nomilynn
04-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

PERFECT!!! :D :D

I always knew Bassett was a little more *posh* than the average kitty ;) ;) ;)

slick
04-16-2004, 10:46 PM
OK, I can't hold it in any longer. Sorry Speckles, I just have to tell. Forgive me.

She pees donuts. Yes, that's right, I said donuts.

The biscuits are round but where the **ahem** projectile hits the litter, it makes a slight indentation and when she's finished it really looks like a donut.

:o :o :o

nibblets
04-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Corner biscuits= Pee Triscuits :D

Failed brother of the famous race horse, Sea Biscuit. He never achieved the status of his famous brother and after his failed attempt at racing he retired to pulling children's wagons at state fairs. Is said to have inspired the line,
"I have to pee like a race horse..."

THAT is way too funny! Very clever!

jazzcat
04-16-2004, 10:47 PM
I've nevere seen a pee scone! ROFLOL!!

This thread is hysterical!

Now down to serious business, Ripley is large at about 17.5 pounds right now but tipped the scales at 22 pounds 6 years ago. Anyway, have you ever seen a Pillsbury Grand Biscuit? Yep, his pee biscuits are HUGE. I can't tell you how many of the extra large scoopers I have broken on his softball sized balls of amonia.

Since you guys have discussed poos I will go one step further to tell you the cat has man sized poos. The one time my husband cleaned the litter box he came in rather pale and told me we needed to start charging Ripley rent.

smokey the elder
04-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Sounds like TicTac!

sirrahved
04-17-2004, 05:44 PM
My, wonderful weather we're having lately, don't you think :rolleyes: *clears throat* Absolutely beautiful weather...

slick
04-17-2004, 05:48 PM
My, wonderful weather we're having lately, don't you think :rolleyes: *clears throat* Absolutely beautiful weather...
Cat got your tongue?????:D ;)

sirrahbed
04-17-2004, 05:50 PM

....and now for the Marsha and Pickles pee biscuit report.....
even slick gave one! come ON!!!!

sirrahved
04-17-2004, 05:53 PM
FINE! I can't believe I'm doing this *shakes head*

Marsha's tend to not stick together, even though we have clumping litter. She buries hers very well, and usually ends up breaking the clump apart in the process.

Pickles has hockey puck sized-pees, and he occasionally over-shoots the back end :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
04-19-2004, 12:34 PM
I have gone and done it again:o I have embarrassed my kids *hangs head in shame* So, you know what I am going to do?
BUMP THE THREAD UP AGAIN!!! :D ;) :p

RICHARD
04-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat

Since you guys have discussed poos I will go one step further to tell you the cat has man sized poos. The one time my husband cleaned the litter box he came in rather pale and told me we needed to start charging Ripley rent.

Would "Pee-Doody" be Ripley's Rap name?????

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :o :D

RedHedd
04-19-2004, 03:57 PM

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :o :D LOL! This thread is cracking me up! :D

jazzcat
04-19-2004, 04:44 PM

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :o :D
ROFLOL!! You're too funny Richard!:D

sirrahved
04-19-2004, 05:48 PM
tsk tsk Richard, you're always so serious! Can't you learn to loosen up every now and again!?:rolleyes:

RICHARD
04-21-2004, 11:43 AM
I was by Eddie's box while he was using it......I heard a sound that I had never heard before........Until I realized it was his 'stream' hitting the side of the box.

I laughed at him and he shot me a real dirty look.

----------------------------------------------------
payback.....

When Ed is front of me I will take my foot, put it under his belly and lift his back legs off the floor.....

The other day I was behind the Edster.......I put my foot between his legs to lift his rear end of the floor and was rewarded with a wet foot.

Yep.......He had just used his box.

:rolleyes: :confused:

Vio&Juni
04-22-2004, 03:30 AM
When Ed is front of me I will take my foot, put it under his belly and lift his back legs off the floor.....

I do the same to Pichu, but now, that I know about the trick, I guess, I'll stop doing it :D

Kirsten
04-22-2004, 03:53 AM
What an interesting question! :D

Well, the size varies, but you can say that Luna's are much bigger than Lily's (which is no surprise since Lily is still a tiny girl of 3 kg). Well, Lily's usually have the size of table tennis balls, and Luna's are more like a tennis ball. :D Each of them is using the box 3 or 4 times per day.

Kirsten